Teddy Bruschi on Josh Allen

Mailman

9 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

That really is a valid point though. One of the only ones you can still make comparing the two. Can’t really point to comparative stats anymore; both are awesome. But mahomes has won, allen has not. That’s a fact. Not sure what point you’re trying to make here.

Bruschi moved the goal post. Hasselback was saying that Josh Allen is playing every bit as good as Maholmes, right now. As in, right now. Bruschi brought up last season and brought up the challenge ahead (playoffs).

12 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

Did you happen to see Aaron's Rushing TD a few seconds ago😂😂

8 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

That really is a valid point though. One of the only ones you can still make comparing the two. Can’t really point to comparative stats anymore; both are awesome. But mahomes has won, allen has not. That’s a fact. Not sure what point you’re trying to make here.

The talking heads that make their living with their opinions dont necessarily bother me. This year they have been forced to recognize Josh's progression. I dont necessarily think Allen is on the same level as Mahomes, namely because Mahomes has a SB ring. I think it annoyed me because it was Teddy Bruschi, a lifelong Bills basher and Patriots tool. He has always been particularly irritating and his view is absolutely slanted, just like Harrison. Look, end of the day, I wouldn't trade JA for anyone. Period. I love this team and what they have done. We look like a legit a sustainable contender. 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Mailman said:

Basking in the victory we have all longed for (I was 22 last time we won the division) and tuned into Sunday NFL Countdown on ESPN. Matt Hasselbeck said he feels JA is currently as good as Mahomes. Of course, Patriot homer Teddy B cant help himself and try to downplay Josh's ascension and point out the playoff loss last year as one of the reasons Mahomes is so much better than Josh. Between Teddy and Rodney Harrison and their Patriot loving BS, its nearly impossible to watch. Oh well Teddy!  AFC East Champs this year!

If were comparing their play recently and not just comparing resumes the chiefs offense has looked pretty out of sorts lately.  Obviously mahomes has a more impressive resume that doesn't even seem relevant to bring up not sure what teddy was doin lol at least hes better than Rodney Harrison but that isn't saying much 

There's 20+ years of scar tissue breaking up here. People are understandably raw and defensive, There's two important things to remember. First, there are no meaningless games against the Pats. It matters. Second, there is no such thing as running up the score on the Pats. I'm not saying get guys injured by playing them when you shouldn't, but you can keep calling shots to the endzone, you can call time out to kick the field goal in the last minute if you are up by 17, etc. You can show off the Bills new Victory over the Pats formation, where all the guys line up in the shape of an asterisk, I don't mind at all.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I saw this. It was great TV imo. Not many people will agree with hasselbeck and that’s ok. The fact that it’s even a discussion put out there by a prominent ESPN analyst (read: Not Nick Wright) and former player is frankly surreal to me. But when he explains why he feels that way, it’s a compelling argument. It seemed like bruschi was hung up on team accomplishments whereas hasselbeck was more comparing QBs

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KellyToTasker said:

Bruschi moved the goal post. Hasselback was saying that Josh Allen is playing every bit as good as Maholmes, right now. As in, right now. Bruschi brought up last season and brought up the challenge ahead (playoffs).

Well “right now” if you’re ignoring the very recent past accomplishments of mahomes (MVP, Super Bowl win) and are looking at, what, week to week evaluations? Sure, they’re  equal I guess. Seems like a fool’s errand to look at it like that though. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Mailman said:

Basking in the victory we have all longed for (I was 22 last time we won the division) and tuned into Sunday NFL Countdown on ESPN. Matt Hasselbeck said he feels JA is currently as good as Mahomes. Of course, Patriot homer Teddy B cant help himself and try to downplay Josh's ascension and point out the playoff loss last year as one of the reasons Mahomes is so much better than Josh. Between Teddy and Rodney Harrison and their Patriot loving BS, its nearly impossible to watch. Oh well Teddy!  AFC East Champs this year!

image.thumb.jpeg.df37b03a52da0f8cf7cb844db1ebf902.jpeg

LOYALTY IS A HELLUVA DRUG!!!

Look people.. Mahomes is the best right now.. Half of it is because he is playoff SB proven. That being said... We STILL have not seen Josh Allen's ceiling.. STILL... Josh is going to get better still.. And when he shuts peoples mouths in the playoffs, more people are going to be on board.. 

RIGHT NOW! its a fair argument that Mahomes is better.. Get over it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I don't like this argument.  Was Kelly or Marino not as good as Elway?  I mean, I get it that people want to see the kid win a superbowl and stuff but in reality Allen is playing every bit as good as Mahomes is this year.

You said it: "this year"

The point is, those guys performed at a high level consistently year after year.  Marino won playoff games, conference championship, went to a Superbowl.  Kelly more so.

I love how JA is playing right now, but he'll tell you himself it's a "work in progress".   It's not your viewpoint or my viewpoint, but I can recognize it as a fair viewpoint that people want to see him sustain his level of play for a longer stretch and come back good next year before they perceive him as at that next level.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Saw the segment, agree Teddy showing a bit of his Bills disdain.  

Matt, then also Randy and Rex, certainly stepped up to give Josh and the Bills some props.

I think Matt nailed it in his assessment, clearly has been watching the film to support his stance. 

Matt seems to be a bit of an Allen fan, which is cool to see.  I always liked Matt Hasselbeck as a player.

I know Chris Simms has met Allen - he filmed a piece on him at one point.  Has Hasselbeck interviewed Allen or met him, do we know?  He certainly seems to have called it right with Allen's shoulder injury, and is paying attention to how the Bills play.

Bottom line, last year's playoff win isn't helping the Texans this year.  Last year's playoff loss only hurts the Bills if they carry it with them and don't feel that they've made the corrections.  And I think they have.

11 minutes ago, Mailman said:

The talking heads that make their living with their opinions dont necessarily bother me. This year they have been forced to recognize Josh's progression. I dont necessarily think Allen is on the same level as Mahomes, namely because Mahomes has a SB ring. I think it annoyed me because it was Teddy Bruschi, a lifelong Bills basher and Patriots tool. He has always been particularly irritating and his view is absolutely slanted, just like Harrison. Look, end of the day, I wouldn't trade JA for anyone. Period. I love this team and what they have done. We look like a legit a sustainable contender. 

Hasselbeck’s point was not comparing their accomplishments. He was simply saying that if you put a chiefs uni on Allen this year, it wouldn’t be a surprise if the level of play was considered on the same level as mahomes and wouldn’t look much different.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Well “right now” if you’re ignoring the very recent past accomplishments of mahomes (MVP, Super Bowl win) and are looking at, what, week to week evaluations? Sure, they’re  equal I guess. Seems like a fool’s errand to look at it like that though. 

Allen’s stats have jumped significantly this season from year 2 (Last season and Maholmes’ MVP year). Hasselback wasn’t comparing Allen to Maholmes last year. He’s comparing Allen to Maholmes this year. 

In the words of the great Ricky Gervais “Were you offended by that? I was not. And that’s why I live a happier life”

We all know what we see in front of us is excellent. Who cares what some schmuck who used to play for the cheaters says? Who cares what anybody says? Use your eyes and you can’t go wrong.