Teddy Bruschi on Josh Allen

Mailman

10 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

We'll here's the thing. Josh is already being talked about as a peer to Mahomes at QB.

Where do you think Mahomes is relative to his ceiling as a player, versus where Allen is to his?

That's why I keep that "PissOnTedyBruschi.jpg" in the photo album... it's relevant at least once a season :)

he’s being talked about.  The eye test in the regular season agreed with the comparison. Playoffs are an entirely different animal. Wanna be the best?  Our boy hasn’t even won ONE playoff game. 

By the end of the season, we (and everyone else) may very may well be saying Josh is the best QB in the league.  As of now, there is no argument to be made that he’s the best, although there may be an argument that he’s playing as well, if not better, than any other QB in the league.  

• Like (+1) 1

Doesn’t bother me at all. The Bills have the right to snub reporters if and when they want too. Allen could very well win the SB MVP and then refuse to do any interviews with a show that has Bill’s Brewski on it for the rest of his career. Same goes for Nick Wright. It’d be petty, but it could be done. Bruschi is probably well aware that he’s persona non grata in Buffalo anyways. 🤷‍♂️.

Let them hate all they want. This team seems to thrive on having negativity directed towards them. 

7 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I can’t believe anyone would even write the words “Teddy Bruschi” here. That guy is the last person I want to think about at a time like this. 

Seriously.  I cannot recall ever caring one bit what he has to say about anything.  He is, quite literally, a nitwit.

8 hours ago, Mailman said:

Basking in the victory we have all longed for (I was 22 last time we won the division) and tuned into Sunday NFL Countdown on ESPN. Matt Hasselbeck said he feels JA is currently as good as Mahomes. Of course, Patriot homer Teddy B cant help himself and try to downplay Josh's ascension and point out the playoff loss last year as one of the reasons Mahomes is so much better than Josh. Between Teddy and Rodney Harrison and their Patriot loving BS, its nearly impossible to watch. Oh well Teddy!  AFC East Champs this year!

In all fairness Mahomes was Super MVP,  i am just glad Josh is climbing the ladder into top 3-4 QB's of the league.  Has all the gifts to be the best,  fans should stop comparing or be worried about what outsiders say.  Be happy he is a Bill,  at 24 years old we have plenty of good times ahead.

• Like (+1) 1

As the Pat's become more and more irrelevant, people like the Pats jocksniffing alumni will not even be asked for their opinion. Partisan comments that defy what statistics and visual accounts certify , should disqualify the Bruschis and Harrisons of the world from objective commentary. They should just go home and watch the Super Bowls on a loop.

8 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Look people.. Mahomes is the best right now.. Half of it is because he is playoff SB proven. That being said... We STILL have not seen Josh Allen's ceiling.. STILL... Josh is going to get better still.. And when he shuts peoples mouths in the playoffs, more people are going to be on board.. 

RIGHT NOW! its a fair argument that Mahomes is better.. Get over it.

QBs age like fine wine.. Best is yet to come for Allen. 😉

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

You can ONLY talk about what has happened.  No one cares about “what if”. It’s a desperate plea.

Mahomes is mvp and Sb champ.  He’s the best.  If Josh wants to be the best, he has to beat the best. Then we can talk about Josh being the best.  Til then, no one should expect anyone to anoint him as good as Mahomes because he’s won some regular season games.  

All Hasselback said was that this year, especially over the last month, Allen and Mahomes have been on the same level. He wasn't trying to say that Allen is better or has proved more. Pretty simple point to comprehend but Teddy Bruschi decided to be lazy and talk about the playoff loss. No need to defend his opinion. He didn't understand the argument because he didn't listen.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

You can ONLY talk about what has happened.  No one cares about “what if”. It’s a desperate plea.

Mahomes is mvp and Sb champ.  He’s the best.  If Josh wants to be the best, he has to beat the best. Then we can talk about Josh being the best.  Til then, no one should expect anyone to anoint him as good as Mahomes because he’s won some regular season games.  

You totally missed my point. 

That's why I stated that I agreed .

I can not teach you how to read or comprehend the words and will not try. 

Mahomes had a better team from the start.

When Mahomes starts throwing the passes and catching them passes all while blocking for himself, then I will say that he is the best.

It is and always will be a TEAM sport. 

Mahomes has been on a better TEAM. 

I tend to believe that at this point in time,  Buffalo is trending in the right direction and will give KC more than they can handle barring any key injuries. 

12 minutes ago, JTown said:

You totally missed my point. 

That's why I stated that I agreed .

I can not teach you how to read or comprehend the words and will not try. 

Mahomes had a better team from the start.

When Mahomes starts throwing the passes and catching them passes all while blocking for himself, then I will say that he is the best.

It is and always will be a TEAM sport. 

Mahomes has been on a better TEAM. 

I tend to believe that at this point in time,  Buffalo is trending in the right direction and will give KC more than they can handle barring any key injuries. 

So who’s the best if not Mahomes?   While my reading comprehension may be lacking, I have a pretty good memory.  I can’t recall anyone throwing, catching and blocking in the past.  

Let me guess.....there isn’t a best. Everyone is equal because it’s a TEAM sport. 

Mahomes is the best right now.  His team is part of the reason why.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

So who’s the best if not Mahomes?   While my reading comprehension may be lacking, I have a pretty good memory.  I can’t recall anyone throwing, catching and blocking in the past.  

Let me guess.....there isn’t a best. Everyone is equal because it’s a TEAM sport. 

Mahomes is the best right now.  His team is part of the reason why.

Right now  Mahomes and Allen are both playing great.  I am not going to try and predict which one will come out on top this year.

Right now I believe Allen is playing slightly better than Mahomes.

However,  it is a team sport and there are many variables as to which team will come out on top of the AFC.

What say you?

12 minutes ago, JTown said:

Right now  Mahomes and Allen are both playing great.  I am not going to try and predict which one will come out on top this year.

Right now I believe Allen is playing slightly better than Mahomes.

However,  it is a team sport and there are many variables as to which team will come out on top of the AFC.

What say you?

I feel that our D is really coming together right now and could really be the X factor in a battle vs the chiefs. I don’t see them being able to do what they did to us earlier and I don’t expect Allen to play like he did in that matchup.

that’s part of becoming the best though. Coming up with great performances against the best teams. 

right now, I feel as if we’re going to win the SB.  We’re firing on all cylinders and Josh is playing at an incredibly high level.  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I feel that our D is really coming together right now and could really be the X factor in a battle vs the chiefs. I don’t see them being able to do what they did to us earlier and I don’t expect Allen to play like he did in that matchup.

that’s part of becoming the best though. Coming up with great performances against the best teams. 

right now, I feel as if we’re going to win the SB.  We’re firing on all cylinders and Josh is playing at an incredibly high level.  

I disagree.

That is not part of being the best. 

The only way that either Qb will become the best is the the TEAM  surrounding either QB plays a  complete game. 

Neither QB will win anything by themselves. 

But I think that you are beginning to understand my original point. 🍺

11 hours ago, Mailman said:

Basking in the victory we have all longed for (I was 22 last time we won the division) and tuned into Sunday NFL Countdown on ESPN. Matt Hasselbeck said he feels JA is currently as good as Mahomes. Of course, Patriot homer Teddy B cant help himself and try to downplay Josh's ascension and point out the playoff loss last year as one of the reasons Mahomes is so much better than Josh. Between Teddy and Rodney Harrison and their Patriot loving BS, its nearly impossible to watch. Oh well Teddy!  AFC East Champs this year!

Every time Nick Wright says the Bills are on upset alert in Denver, just shove his face in it. 

When Colin is on your jock all week, then bails and says Bills are due for a let-down, just hit him in between the eyes. 

Next week, they'll be saying New England has nothing to lose, so they will be favored, just win again. 

And then beat the media's golden boys again, this time in Buffalo. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Will there be a new thread for every pundit who does not claim Josh is the best player in the NFL?

Yes

11 hours ago, KellyToTasker said:

Bruschi moved the goal post. Hasselback was saying that Josh Allen is playing every bit as good as Maholmes, right now. As in, right now. Bruschi brought up last season and brought up the challenge ahead (playoffs).

There really is a difference between "playing every bit as good as right now" and "Being on that players level"

but you know......Teddy B. cant see that

• Like (+1) 1