Teddy Bruschi on Josh Allen

Mailman

Just now, Scott7975 said:

I semi agree but look at the situations.  Mahomes walked onto a stacked offense that had already had jell time.  They were practically superbowl contenders with Alex Smith and Mahomes got to sit a year and learn from one of the greatest offensive coaches in the game.  Josh walked onto a team in complete disaray and rebuild.  Started early with no offensive weapons.  Im looking at this year because of the growth and because our offense is just now comparable, although I would say that KC still has better skill players over all.  Yes, I get Josh needs to do more, but it is still fair to say, IMO, that he is every bit as good... this season. I also think he will continue to be every bit as good.

It's fair to say he is having a comparable season at this point, absolutely. 

We hope he will continue to be every bit as good.

The issue is sustained excellence, which we hope Josh will show, but he hasn't yet.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Saw the segment, agree Teddy showing a bit of his Bills disdain.  

Matt, then also Randy and Rex, certainly stepped up to give Josh and the Bills some props.

I think Matt nailed it in his assessment, clearly has been watching thr film to support his stance.  Teddy referencing last years playoff loss to Texans just shows ignorance, Josh and this team are very different than last yr.

Add to that, Matt gave the defense props for coming alive.  Timing is great to have everything come together, just need to go into playoffs getting guys healthy 

In defense of TB, he’s basically saying has to win in the playoffs. So not that far off. TB is actually a really good dude. It’s increments of respect that JA and Bills earn ever so slowly. Just needs to keep it going with playoff wins. 

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's fair to say he is having a comparable season at this point, absolutely. 

We hope he will continue to be every bit as good.

The issue is sustained excellence, which we hope Josh will show, but he hasn't yet.

I would argue that he has.  He didn't start out very good but you could see it in him.  Not only has he sustained but he has taken some of the biggest leaps at QB ever from year to year.

The problem I have with saying... oh he has to win a superbowl or playoff games and stuff... thats a total team effort.  QBs dont carry their teams to wins like that.  Aaron Rodgers has been one of the best QBs in the league.  One superbowl.  Drew Brees.  One superbowl.  Russel Wilson's sole win was on the back of Marshawn Lynch and defense, not his arm. etc.

Edited by Scott7975

Just now on CBS they were talking about the Pats/Rams SB at the turn of the century. Bruschi talking about their dynasty being born. Yep, a dynasty of cheating, video taping, ball deflating, phone destroying, along with an occasional Asian rub and tug mixed in between. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mailman said:

Basking in the victory we have all longed for (I was 22 last time we won the division) and tuned into Sunday NFL Countdown on ESPN. Matt Hasselbeck said he feels JA is currently as good as Mahomes. Of course, Patriot homer Teddy B cant help himself and try to downplay Josh's ascension and point out the playoff loss last year as one of the reasons Mahomes is so much better than Josh. Between Teddy and Rodney Harrison and their Patriot loving BS, its nearly impossible to watch. Oh well Teddy!  AFC East Champs this year!

I know...it is sickening to watch the bias from Bruschi and Harrison. Man, I hated the Patriots back then. Lets curb stomp them from this point on!

We can thank Belicheck for one thing though. That game last year where he schooled Josh Allen on the finer points of NFL football. Allen woke up after that and never looked back.

6 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

It still baffles me, the amount of fans that are hurt by the words of anyone that disagrees.  Grow a sack and deal with it.

Not about anyone. This was more about Bruschi and his bias. Years if this a#$ clown.  He lectured Hasselbeck for daring to say that Allen has recently played as well as Mahomes. Its a fact, not conjecture.  No need to be baffled here. Pretty straightforward and Bills fans that suffered through decades of mediocrity and disappointment know full well about these Patriot players who have gone into broadcasting and still hate the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mailman said:

Not about anyone. This was more about Bruschi and his bias. Years if this a#$ clown.  He lectured Hasselbeck for daring to say that Allen has recently played as well as Mahomes. Its a fact, not conjecture.  No need to be baffled here. Pretty straightforward and Bills fans that suffered through decades of mediocrity and disappointment know full well about these Patriot players who have gone into broadcasting and still hate the Bills. 

Meh.  Get over it

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

i can’t and won’t because i don’t support espn unless the Bills are playing on monday night. So i’m not looking up the clip but based on what you said if hasselbeck is drawing comparisons between mahomes’ and allen’s development he’s welcome to do so and there are valid comparisons to be made. Their development from a mechanics POV may be similar. From a results standpoint the nod still goes to Mahomes hands down.

ESPN is the worst ..  only watch actual games there commentary is just argumentative bickering

3 minutes ago, BRH said:

It is possible to think both that Josh still has a little more to do to be considered on Mahomes' level, and that Tedy Bruschi is a cheating dbag who lets his bias color his opinions.

Complete possible, likely true

1 hour ago, JTown said:

I tend to agree however,  I never understood the one  is better than the other arguments.   It is a TEAM sport.  Just absolutely so friggin stupid.  Would Allen be 38-6 (or better) if Diggs and the team was where they are now  when Allen was drafted?  We will never know.   What would Mahomes record be if he played for the Bill's over the last three seasons?  We will never know and as I said previously.. it is a TEAM sport.  

Thankfully  coach McDermott knows this, and is obvious by his comments that Josh is aware that it's not about his record or stats vs Mahomes or any of the other BS that fans and media spew.

Smfh.

You can ONLY talk about what has happened.  No one cares about “what if”. It’s a desperate plea.

Mahomes is mvp and Sb champ.  He’s the best.  If Josh wants to be the best, he has to beat the best. Then we can talk about Josh being the best.  Til then, no one should expect anyone to anoint him as good as Mahomes because he’s won some regular season games.  

4 hours ago, Mailman said:

Basking in the victory we have all longed for (I was 22 last time we won the division) and tuned into Sunday NFL Countdown on ESPN. Matt Hasselbeck said he feels JA is currently as good as Mahomes. Of course, Patriot homer Teddy B cant help himself and try to downplay Josh's ascension and point out the playoff loss last year as one of the reasons Mahomes is so much better than Josh. Between Teddy and Rodney Harrison and their Patriot loving BS, its nearly impossible to watch. Oh well Teddy!  AFC East Champs this year!

Teddy is right.  Last year Mahomes was better than Josh.  This isn't last year.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's all good.  Mahomes has a Superbowl Ring and a playoff win the year before that.  He's shown he can do it consistently year after year.

Allen has not...Yet.

I didn’t see it, but I strongly suspect he wasn’t saying Josh is not a good QB and isn’t playing well.......he’s just not done what Mahomes has accomplished. That’s a fact. But with the way he’s playing, he’s quickly closing that gap in the level of play. If I weren’t so lazy (and about to get wrapped up in a college hoops game), I’d love to see their stats for THIS year side by side. Stats aren’t everything and can easily be twisted, but it would be interesting...... 

4 hours ago, Mailman said:

Mahomes is a Super Bowl champion, league MVP.  Where is he wrong for believing he is better?  🤷🏾‍♂️

Allen is a great talent and he is proving it week in and week out.  But him doing it in the playoffs is when he will be seen as next level by everyone.  I think that will happen over the next 6 weeks or so.  Patience grasshopper.

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Josh isn’t the bet QB in the NFL.  Yet.  Still has work to do

We'll here's the thing. Josh is already being talked about as a peer to Mahomes at QB.

Where do you think Mahomes is relative to his ceiling as a player, versus where Allen is to his?

2 hours ago, Mailman said:

This was more about Bruschi and his bias. Years if this a#$ clown.

That's why I keep that "PissOnTedyBruschi.jpg" in the photo album... it's relevant at least once a season :)

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Haha (+1) 1