Predict Josh Allen's Next Contract

Does Josh Allen get a new contract prior to the 2021-2022 NFL Season?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Does Josh Allen get a new contract prior to the 2021-2022 NFL Season?

• Yes - they lock him up long-term with an extension
    • No - they pick up his 5th year option and wait
  2. 2. What will the contractual term be in his new deal?

3. 3. What will his average annual salary (AAS) be?

• <25 million AAS
    • 25-29 million AAS
    • 30-34 million AAS
    • 35-39 million AAS
    • 40-44 million AAS
    • 45 or more million AAS

2 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

How exactly did Dak get screwed? He’s had the one of the best OL’s and RB’s on this O. Decent but not elite QB. Top 12-14. His agent should have run a marathon overnight to sign that deal!

Agreed.  Dak got screwed because he gambled trying for 40+M a year.  Now  after that gruesome injury, what is he going to get? It wont be the $170M Garanteed like the contract I'm suggesting The Bills offer Josh.  If Josh wants top dollar that's fine.. but then the Bills would be stupid not to exercise the 5year option and then franchise him. If he wants a huge payday and protection for injuries, he will give the Bills a deal that works for them 10-11 years 330M $170M Guaranteed. With a monster signing Bonus say....$50M

• Like (+1) 3

45m per year for 15 with guarantee to be paid  in top 10 if his stats warrant.  Worth every penny because of his talent and we can use draft for others positions with smaller salaries.  An elite QB gets almost any team to playoffs.  

1 hour ago, Gen2 said:

I think Josh is a stand up guy. IMHO there are guys that the number figure they get paid is some kind of status symbol, and there are guys that the figure they get paid is just a number. Josh strikes me as the kind of guy that when you talk about 300/400/500 millions it just doesn't matter, he would be just as comfortable for the rest of his life with 300 million as he would with 500 million. Josh doesn't seem to be the bright lights big city, look at me kind of guy ... he drives a Ford pickup truck for gods sake, Diggs on the other hand drives a white on white Bentley. Don't get me wrong, Diggs has EARNED every nut and bolt on that Bentley, but it's a status thing, they are two different people with two different motivations, and two different situations (and neither is wrong or more right).

What I was driving at with my post is that the Bills organization is in the drivers seat with contract negotiations, and if the bean counters want to look at it as a business deal, then the player should also look at it as a business deal.

Agreed.  But the bean counters won't be in charge. Bills will pay whatever it takes.  

On 12/20/2020 at 8:22 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Tre got a 4 year 69mil extension. That's a 17.25mil/yr, but Beane paid him some of that this year and next so that his cap hit never gets over 14.6mil and is signed through 2025. 

Next year (2021) would have been his 5th year.

If we project the same for Josh, assuming we can restructure/cut some contracts (Jefferson, Butler, Matakevich, Smith) to create more space in the offseason, he gets the 4 year 161M extension, but his cap hit could be lower if the 161mil is spread over 6 seasons instead of 4.

Josh is set to make 6.9 mil next year, and the 5th year option will be around 27million (it will be equal to the transition tag which was 24.4mil this year and should go up a bit due to Mahomes/Watson contracts.)

2021 - 6.9mil

2022 - 27mil.

Now add on the 4 year 161million. That's 40mil/year in years 2023-2026 OR 32mil/year from 2021-2026.

My guess is Beane will do the same he did with Tre and in a couple years both will be underpaid compared to top players at their positions.

6 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Well, any updated thoughts?

I think the price is going up, generally. In fact, we're probably going to have to settle for a shorter contract term just to keep the guaranteed number from making heads explode. All of this talk of discounts... I don't think those amount to much. In practice, Josh is worse off than other elite QBs financially because he has less opportunity for endorsement deals. The team will need to pay market value, not overpay. I think they'll work it out and he will be in the $40M/yr range.

On 12/30/2020 at 10:36 AM, Gene1973 said:

Whatever the contract, it will hamper the teams' ability to continue to surround him with talent, or the defense will suffer without a legitimate Hughes replacement. Price of doing business with a franchise QB near the top I guess.

Drafting well and finding mid round gems will be Important going forward. Beane has good adding solid FA starters as well.

On 12/20/2020 at 8:44 AM, JMF2006 said:

10yrs 100m per as Pegulas personal chauffer ;)

On the books cap wise 10 yrs 3m per ;) 

Team friendly deal ;)

Sounds like the deal Brady and Kraft had with his ridiculous TB12 marketing company that allowed him to take millions off the cap hit.

Full on cheating, just another example in a long line of it out there.