Predict Josh Allen's Next Contract

Does Josh Allen get a new contract prior to the 2021-2022 NFL Season?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Does Josh Allen get a new contract prior to the 2021-2022 NFL Season?

• Yes - they lock him up long-term with an extension
    • No - they pick up his 5th year option and wait
  2. 2. What will the contractual term be in his new deal?

3. 3. What will his average annual salary (AAS) be?

• <25 million AAS
    • 25-29 million AAS
    • 30-34 million AAS
    • 35-39 million AAS
    • 40-44 million AAS
    • 45 or more million AAS

30 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Woah. 

I don’t know about that. 

Why not? I think we have all witnessed who the top two young quarterbacks in the game are this season. When one gets the bank, the other is the next man up. Josh is getting paid whether you like it or not and that payday is going to be a BIG one

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 1

I predict that I will continue to not care what players get paid, it has nothing to do with why I like watching football. 

Go Bills !!!

13 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Sounds like the deal Brady and Kraft had with his ridiculous TB12 marketing company that allowed him to take millions off the cap hit.

Full on cheating, just another example in a long line of it out there.

Assuming this is still legal why do more teams not do it? If it is illegal how did NE get away with it for so long? I would gladly spend Pegulas money and use Josh vitamins with an off the books 10 million a year with 10 year contract. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, mattynh said:

That will be the neighborhood.  The question is will he take some kind of discount like Mahomes did.

I know NFL contracts are not all that they are written but I do not see a discount, though I realize it is cap friendly until year 6. Also the interesting thing to me is that if KC cuts him they will have already guaranteed his next two seasons of pay.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I know NFL contracts are not all that they are written but I do not see a discount, though I realize it is cap friendly until year 6. Also the interesting thing to me is that if KC cuts him they will have already guaranteed his next two seasons of pay.

Cap friendly for 6 years is a discount in my mind, that is what I was referring to.  They are really cheap in 2021/2022.   The cap will go up a lot during this contract, QB's will be making much more 6 years from now.  It's hard to say if year 6 or 7 will be market value or not but the one year with a big hit is 2027 which gives them a long window where the numbers are more reasonable.  In 2029-2031 I bet the numbers will be team friendly but I bet there will be multiple restructures before then.  I would think as time moves along, they will be able to play games with restructuring the roster bonuses.

• Like (+1) 2

Mahomes makes 45 mil a year------------- Closer to this number if Josh wins a SB this year

Watson makes 39 mil a year--------------- AFC Camp game and a loss puts Josh closer to this number

Wilson makes 35 mil a year---------------- 35-36 Mil if we win at least one Playoff game

Ole Ben makes 34 mil a year--------------- A little less if we donk out this year. At this point we pick up 5th year option to evaluate more.

No team wants to sign a QB to big money that fails in the playoffs. NFL is a prove it or loose it environment.. I think Josh will prove it.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/20/2020 at 9:45 AM, Ya Digg? said:

If Josh takes less, it’s not going to be significantly less and it shouldn’t be. It’s not up to Josh to put together a competitive team, that’s up to the front office. We need to stop using Brady as the example. Just because Mahomes, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, etc signed big contracts does not mean they weren’t team oriented guys. If you ever listen to players around the league, they never want guys to take less money. Fans are always screaming for guys to take less money but let’s be honest,  I fan truly understands how the salary cap works-if they did they would be working for an NFL team. Let Josh get paid every dollar he can get and let the front office guys do their job and structure these contracts so the players can get paid 

You are so correct. As it is if JA signs a long term deal the back part of the contract will likely end up looking team friendly. After Dak’s situation this year players have all of the incentive they need to sign proper deals when they can get them. While it may be that Dak returns. These guys are only one play away from a career ending injury.

If they win the SuperBowl it will be 8 years and 2% more than Mahommes. If they lose the next game it will be a 4 year @ $38M per year.

1 minute ago, peterpan said:

Pick up his 5th year option and stack the roster with talent so we can win the superbowl again next year 

Its an extension. The cap will mostly be unaffected next year.

• 6 months later...
On 12/20/2020 at 8:39 AM, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I reached my max questions on the poll, but am also curious what people think we're looking at for total guaranteed money. 

I'll take a random guess:

7 Years (2028 UFA at 31 years old....FWIW, Russ is 32, Cam is 31.)

41 million AAS (Watson=39, Mahomes=45)

287 Million Dollar Deal

71 Million in total guarantees

What say you?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/quarterback/ 

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

(for your reference)

I was TERRIBLY off on the guaranteed money.