Predict Josh Allen's Next Contract

Does Josh Allen get a new contract prior to the 2021-2022 NFL Season?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Does Josh Allen get a new contract prior to the 2021-2022 NFL Season?

• Yes - they lock him up long-term with an extension
    • No - they pick up his 5th year option and wait
  2. 2. What will the contractual term be in his new deal?

3. 3. What will his average annual salary (AAS) be?

• <25 million AAS
    • 25-29 million AAS
    • 30-34 million AAS
    • 35-39 million AAS
    • 40-44 million AAS
    • 45 or more million AAS

I reached my max questions on the poll, but am also curious what people think we're looking at for total guaranteed money. 

I'll take a random guess:

7 Years (2028 UFA at 31 years old....FWIW, Russ is 32, Cam is 31.)

41 million AAS (Watson=39, Mahomes=45)

287 Million Dollar Deal

71 Million in total guarantees

What say you?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/quarterback/ 

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

(for your reference)

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

💰 💰 💰 💰 💰 💰 💰 💰 💰 💰 💰 💰 

You aren't wrong!

FYI...For those crazy people that voted 30-34 AAS, remember that this past offseason Dak turned down a 5 year deal worth 175 mil (or 35 AAS)...

I'm wondering if Josh is going to do a Brady, and take less money to be sure the Bills can sign guys to put around him.  If I were Terry and Beane, I might sit down with Josh and his agent, and offer something like a 15 year contract at 20 million per, with a guaranteed personal services contract with he team for 20 years after that at a few million a year.   

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

I'm wondering if Josh is going to do a Brady, and take less money to be sure the Bills can sign guys to put around him.  If I were Terry and Beane, I might sit down with Josh and his agent, and offer something like a 15 year contract at 20 million per, with a guaranteed personal services contract with he team for 20 years after that at a few million a year.   

That’s a REALLY interesting idea. Can a team structure a contract that pays the player outside of his playing days? Interesting.

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

This would be great.

We may start seeing our boy talking to the State Farm agent sooner than later..........

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

10 years $500 million, with a clause after year 5 that he has to be among the top 5 paid QBs in the league each of the final 5 seasons.  .  

Are you his agent?! Jeesh

28 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

10yrs 100m per as Pegulas personal chauffer ;)

On the books cap wise 10 yrs 3m per ;) 

Team friendly deal ;)

Who do you think we're dealing with here, Tom Brady, the Pats and TB12?!

23 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

I'll guess a bazillion dollars and 25 years. 

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/d3c61477-82b8-4ba7-8574-394a42c622e6

11 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I don't think Brady had much of a choice and they really never put great players around him

35 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

If Josh takes less, it’s not going to be significantly less and it shouldn’t be. It’s not up to Josh to put together a competitive team, that’s up to the front office. We need to stop using Brady as the example. Just because Mahomes, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, etc signed big contracts does not mean they weren’t team oriented guys. If you ever listen to players around the league, they never want guys to take less money. Fans are always screaming for guys to take less money but let’s be honest,  I fan truly understands how the salary cap works-if they did they would be working for an NFL team. Let Josh get paid every dollar he can get and let the front office guys do their job and structure these contracts so the players can get paid 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1