So have we stop doing the Josh Allen grade after games

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I feel like there’s no need anymore. The debate has been over. He’s the franchise QB and is going to be one of the best in the NFL for a long time. 

I agree... the grading system is uncalled for now... we're getting TD'a called back & I have ZERO doubt Josh will lead us in the endzone again & again!

It's time to start breaking the old system of thinking as well. We're good...& this is the 1st of many division Championships! 

WGR should also get rid of that "If there's a god... he's laughing at us & our football team song" 

We're just not that team anymore! When we lose it's a sound lost on a great play from a great player...like the Nuke Hopkins catch

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I don't think we do honestly.  Every play is an experience with him.  Nowadays, it's more "OH ***** HE'S GOT THIS" as opposed to the past when it was "OH *****, WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN???"

Point being, every play that he makes feels like it's be electrifying.  Be it a simple dump off for 2 yards or a 55 yard bomb to Diggs.  Every play you wonder "What's he going to do? (and not in a bad way)" and I love that as a fan, I can only imagine how many hours of sleep have been lost over having to plan against him  (I've lost enough just being excited to watch him).

They've gotten a lot better at everyone being on the same page and knowing what to do when josh is scrambling and the play breaks down it seems.  

7 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

When he does it for another season I will feel safer. 

Don't want another Derrick Anderson scenario although he did win me a fantasy league that year.

I think it looks like a very bright future though!

Derrick Anderson and a guy who is potential league MVP caliber player? That’s like comparing a Corvette to a Prius...both are cars 

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

That's why I never took the grades seriously. I highly doubt Chiefs fans grade Mahomes every week. There's no reason to because there's no debate he's elite. 

That's what is happening. The debate has ended. 

Yes you did. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He definitely had one of their "turnover worthy plays" with the throw he attempted to Gabe in the 3rd Quarter. 

He totally didn’t see the CB who was screened off by another Bronco. If he had I think he makes the throw to the back pylon because that would have been the window, similar to the TDs vs the Niners and Steelers.

if we’re being perfectly honest Allen wasn’t sharp the first drive, a little amped and the ball was sailing. The difference is against Steelers he’s 3 and out, against the Broncos they’re scoring anyway. Another one punt no turnover game* right? Tough to lose those.

Edit: * on offense.

Edited by Ralonzo

7 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

He totally didn’t see the CB who was screened off by another Bronco. If he had I think he makes the throw to the back pylon because that would have been the window, similar to the TDs vs the Niners and Steelers.

if we’re being perfectly honest Allen wasn’t sharp the first drive, a little amped and the ball was sailing. The difference is against Steelers he’s 3 and out, against the Broncos they’re scoring anyway. Another one punt no turnover game* right? Tough to lose those.

Edit: * on offense.

Yea he was too amped that first drive and every ball came out high. After that he had that one bad throw - where I think you are right he didn't see the defender - but otherwise was pretty much perfect. He is just playing at a super high level. At this moment in time there is no Quarterback in the league playing better football than Josh Allen. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea he was too amped that first drive and every ball came out high. After that he had that one bad throw - where I think you are right he didn't see the defender - but otherwise was pretty much perfect. He is just playing at a super high level. At this moment in time there is no Quarterback in the league playing better football than Josh Allen. 

And no WR pair playing better than Diggs and Beasley.  If Smoke comes back and has his top end speed, this offense is a defensive nightmare.  Next up Bellysick....

10 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

I agree... the grading system is uncalled for now... we're getting TD'a called back & I have ZERO doubt Josh will lead us in the endzone again & again!

Yeah it's weird.  Previous years I would feel "Oh my now we're back to 1st and goal from the 30, I guess a field goal is still good".  Now it's just "OK cool, what kind of heroics is getting us the touchdown here?"

• Like (+1) 1

There's no real need for game to game grades, he has arrived. And, unlike previous "hot streak" QBs, there is a big difference with Allen. In many cases other "hot" QBs only lasted until the league figured them out - because they had good skills but lacked talent. With Allen, the reverse is true; he had great talent and needed time to build his skills. So instead of the league figuring him out, he's figured the league out, and now he'll be a star player going forward (barring injury).