25 long years ago! I was 40! 😢 😁

WOOHOO!!!!!!! Just the way I envisioned us reaching out and TAKING what is ours. And that beautiful 51 yard run to cap it off by Devon Singleterry, AND the second game in a row with a defensive touchdown after not getting one in the last 47 games or so! Peaking at the right time! Josh Allen was awesome again today being responsible for four scores. The receiver package was unbelievable! I was one week off with my prediction of four score +7 last week LOL! 🤣 And a big hat tip to Jerry Hughes With a scoop and score! What a run! New nickname: Crazy Legs Hughes! I was there for the first four Super Bowl appearances, as were so many of you, and seriously, if we could stay healthy throughout the playoffs, We should fear no one!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yeah.  I was 30, and a few years ago I was beginning to doubt whether I would live to see the Bills make the playoffs again, much less be contenders.  The current Bills' team was worth the wait and I think they're as good as some of the Bills' teams which made it to the Superbowl 30 years ago.

Edited by Artful Dodger
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

You know they had one last week.

Did you read the OP? Obviously they had one last week. BEFORE then was what was referenced.

EDIT: Looked it up. We had a defensive TD in 2018, so I'm not sure where the 47 games number is coming from.

Edited by MJS

22 minutes ago, Logic said:

It was actually 45 games. So the OP was close.

Prior to last week, the Bills had gone 45 straight games without a defensive TD. It's true.

We had one in 2018, so I guess it must have been early in the season.

Those of you under 30, this is what 1988 felt like.

When we won the division in 1995 we were all thinking the same thing.....ho hum....we better win it all this time.  Like the Patriots do every year.  In fact there was some dread like "not sure we're good enough."  I was 17 in 1995. 

Tonight I'm beyond excited and busted out the crown and ready to get loose no doubt.

But I'm most excited for an entire generation of fans under 30.  I'm thinking of all you tonight and what this feels like for you.  I'm thinking of the parents my age - especially the ex pats who have had a near impossible task of getting your kids to support this team the way we do during just a lost era especially the 2005 to 2013 seasons.  I have 2 boys 15 and 11.  The 15 year old is definitely not like i was as a fan.  I mean his favorite player is Lamar.  

My 11 year old is loving this.  It's the sweet spot of entering fanhood.  I was 10 when I saw those goal posts come down.  I showed them those clips and what that was like.  That's what this game means today. 

What an awesome feeling this all is.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2

I was 12 and the Bills had gone to the Superbowl every year I watched. I remember wondering how Bengal fans could stand supporting such a bad team year after year (5 years in a row). I had no clue how good I had it. But now I do.

We've been here before with high hopes that eventually got crushed. The fast starts followed by atrocious finishes. The Billsy losses that seemed to ruin out seasons singlehandedly, reminding us if the losers we were.

After the Az hail mary I was devastated. But it was different from the NE losses or the Dallas MNF loss. 

One unlucky play did not destroy our season.

Now we have JA. Even if we fail this year we will have a great opportunity next year. And the year after that. And after that.

It's a feeling that only last year seemed incomprehensible. 

As I looked at the Broncos message board earlier I thought to myself "I know they are a slim chance at the playoffs but what's going on in here?" 

50 some of pages later, the Bills were AFC East Champs. I know it's hard to be fan of a bad team but I also know how long a bunch of us have been around here waiting for this day to come. 

50ish pages is really my point. How long have we sat waiting every game day for the threads to start and then the game time threads and those would get to 30-40.

We will never be "fair weather fans".  We are the hardened sons of ***** that have sat through the agony, heartbreak and defeat that have made us who we are. 

Happy to be on this journey with you all. 

:beer:

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1