"See you in Buffalo in January. Be ready: it might be chilly." Give Steve Tasker an Emmy!

On 12/19/2020 at 9:50 PM, Helpmenow said:

Here come all the out of the region Bills fans who claim they have been fans for 25 years.

Like you...San Diego, Charlotte, Mt Laurel?  You do know that not EVERY Bills fan lives in, or is from Buffalo, right?  This fanbase covers the globe.  I do agree with your screen name though.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, chaccof said:

Nope, some of us had the good fortune to be born and raised in WNY, have been gone for more than 25 years and have followed the Bills for 50+ years.  Through mostly bad football punctuated by periods of bursts of really good football.  Moments like last night and victory over the Jets in 1988, and the Dolphins in 1980 make it all worthwhile though.  Feels like the team is on the verge of another burst of really good football.  Here's hoping so....

Yep, grew up in the Town of Tonawanda, graduate of Kenmore West 1986. Moved to Texas in 2000 for a better job. Miss the area, the food, family and friends, but I'll be a Bills fan 'til the day I die. I'm always wearing Bills swag and I get a "Go Bills" from a lot of people. Just recently was at Disney World during Thanksgiving and got a lot of thumbs up for the Bills. Loving it!!!

GO BILLS!!

Wonderful and professionally done . They should consider selling a 3' x 4' Poster with the screen shot and caption of Steve Tasker saying:

See you in Buffalo in January. Be ready: it might be chilly

Columbia, South Carolina 

Thanks @Giuseppe Tognarellifor posting this.  I am damn proud of this years Bills.  And how they have taken the first 3/4 of the season to develop a team mentality and overcome all the challenges they faced this year to date (Covid-19, Zo retiring, Injuries to both starting LBs early on, Josh's shoulder, the Oline injuries, John Brown's injuries and no fans at games).  McD has kept them laser focused.

Like many fans, my first memory of a Bills games was not a pleasant one.  It was listening to them lose to the Kansas City Chiefs on New Years Day 1967.  The game was radio only I believe as I distinctly remember listening to the call on the radio in our kitchen.  We were home against a team we had split the season series with - both teams had prevailed on the road.  The winner of this game was going to the 1st World Championship game of AFL winner versus NFL winner.  The Chiefs went instead and lost to the Packers.

My hopes for the team never died even in the darkest seasons (1968, 1977, 1984-85, the drought years).  Some corny slogans come to mind like the "The Bills are due in 72".   Some great memories - "The Juice is on the loose", The Electric Company, The Bermuda Triangle, Talking Proud, the Levy/Kelly era.  And now - the McBeane era and rise of the Bills Mafia.  

Glad to see the team not just be relevant but actually developing into a force in the league.  Hoping for a great finish to a great year!

Edited by freddyjj
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 12/20/2020 at 11:24 PM, Johnnycage46 said:

Like you...San Diego, Charlotte, Mt Laurel?  You do know that not EVERY Bills fan lives in, or is from Buffalo, right?  This fanbase covers the globe.  I do agree with your screen name though.

Mt. Laurel as in NJ?  That was my last stop prior to being in Virginia.  Very nice place....Don't miss the taxes.  I will say, the vast majority of Bills fans I meet are generally from Buffalo or have a very close relative (usually a parent) from Buffalo.   My unscientific guess is that, unlike the Cowboys or the Patriots or other such teams who probably have more fans out of their geographic area than in, Buffalo fans have some connection to WNY.  Total guess. just based on meeting hundreds of people over the years wearing Bills gear out in public.

Damn marketing department has their act together.

Now only if they could get a manufacturer to make an old school jacket.

I bought mine over 20 years ago and I am fortunate that my wife who was tailor to supermodels (several of swimsuits she made were in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issues) has been able to replace the wear and tear over the years.