Week 15 Bills @ Broncos Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

34 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Independent of any current health situation, I think it's a bit boundry-crossing and disrespectful to stick your head into the window and scream into a player's car in any season.  Surely one can express one's bliss without putting hands on player's personal property or getting into their faces? 

JMO, no salesman will call.

Exactly how I feel.   There’s situations that just cross a line... banging on a car and shouting through the window definitely fit that description to me. 

Otherwise...  this team and this fan base deserve to celebrate, let the players know how much we enjoy everything they’ve been working for, and shout their joy to the heavens.  In this year of so much hardship.. the Bills are the o e shining star. So some jubilation is to be expected, and I would say allowed.  Had they had better security along the road out... I would see absolutely nothing wrong with the celebration at the airport. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am at the point now where I am not rooting for or against anyone. I think we all fear the ravens— but there’s nothing we can do about that now. 

Not really scared of the Ravens. The Browns absolutely torched their defense.

Lamar is really good, but still has areas where he struggles with ball placement. The Bills have played a lot of very mobile QBs this year.

Play the run, keep him in the pocket, and defend the middle of the field. Solid play from Edmunds would be key. 

Don't think the Bills should fear anyone. The teams I think would offer the biggest challenges for the Bills in the AFC would be:

KC, like Allen Mahomes can extend plays and be accurate. They ran all over us last time, but our run defense has stepped up a bit.

Titans: Just because Henry is a beast and our defense likely would have to "borrow" defenders to commit to stopping him. That leaves the secondary thin. They have a solid defense.

Browns: Playing some pretty good ball, and have a decent running game. Did not see a lot from either their defense or the Ravens in that last game. I think normally they have had pretty good balance this year under their new coaching staff.

I also think a healthy Miami would be tough, but Allen has played them tough and I don't think they are in his head.

I do think the head-to-head matchups against his 2018 QB class alumni kicks those QB's into another gear. Will be fun to watch for years to come.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

I definitely don’t fear the Raven. They fit the teams feast on, all run and little pass. We load the box against them and dare them to pass. This isn’t last year. Fear teams like the Browns or Colts or Titans who can score 26+ on anyone. If you can’t put up that many on the Bills you are going to lose. So the Steelers and Ravens are teams I would love to play. They are both one dimensional. 

It’s the ravens defense that you should be worried about.  If that D is healthy. They can beat anyone

5 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Not really scared of the Ravens. The Browns absolutely torched their defense.

Lamar is really good, but still has areas where he struggles with ball placement. The Bills have played a lot of very mobile QBs this year.

Play the run, keep him in the pocket, and defend the middle of the field. Solid play from Edmunds would be key. 

Don't think the Bills should fear anyone. The teams I think would offer the biggest challenges for the Bills in the AFC would be:

KC, like Allen Mahomes can extend plays and be accurate. They ran all over us last time, but our run defense has stepped up a bit.

Titans: Just because Henry is a beast and our defense likely would have to "borrow" defenders to commit to stopping him. That leaves the secondary thin. They have a solid defense.

Browns: Playing some pretty good ball, and have a decent running game. Did not see a lot from either their defense or the Ravens in that last game. I think normally they have had pretty good balance this year under their new coaching staff.

I also think a healthy Miami would be tough, but Allen has played them tough and I don't think they are in his head.

I do think the head-to-head matchups against his 2018 QB class alumni kicks those QB's into another gear. Will be fun to watch for years to come.

The browns torched their D minus some starting corners.  What happened week one when they faced a healthy ravens D....without Ngakoue.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It’s the ravens defense that you should be worried about.  If that D is healthy. They can beat anyone

The browns torched their D minus some starting corners.  What happened week one when they faced a healthy ravens D....without Ngakoue.

Every team has players dinged or missing from the lineup. Never a reason to collapse and give up 400+ yards.

Next man up and game plan around the missing parts. Not saying there is not a drop, but solid coaching and depth on good teams matter because players get hurt. 

On top of players getting hurt, this year we have the Covid factor too that has impacted most teams. Everyone is dealing with personnel issues.

No excuse and we tend to live on past laurels, the Ravens are 5th or 6th this year in team defense behind the likes of Pittsburgh and Miami.

Respect, but no fear.

12 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Every team has players dinged or missing from the lineup. Never a reason to collapse and give up 400+ yards.

Next man up and game plan around the missing parts. Not saying there is not a drop, but solid coaching and depth on good teams matter because players get hurt. 

On top of players getting hurt, this year we have the Covid factor too that has impacted most teams. Everyone is dealing with personnel issues.

No excuse and we tend to live on past laurels, the Ravens are 5th or 6th this year in team defense behind the likes of Pittsburgh and Miami.

Respect, but no fear.

IF they are healthy....their D is trouble. Coupled with a good defensive game plan, it wouldn’t be that big of an upset imo. they’ve were without Campbell and Williams for a few games. They’ve held their opponent under 20 8 TIMES.  They have 3 talented corners.  They’re D terrorized us last year and embarrassed us.  We’re obv much better now, but a good game plan can go a long

If they aren’t healthy, we should handle them.

I believe we’re the better team, but they’re getting hot and playing well after a rough 5 games stretch where they lost 4 game (pitts x2, titans and NE in a downpour).  They’re capable

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, NewEra said:

IF they are healthy....their D is trouble. Coupled with a good defensive game plan, it wouldn’t be that big of an upset imo. they’ve were without Campbell and Williams for a few games. They’ve held their opponent under 20 8 TIMES.  They have 3 talented corners.  They’re D terrorized us last year and embarrassed us.  We’re obv much better now, but a good game plan can go a long

If they aren’t healthy, we should handle them.

I believe we’re the better team, but they’re getting hot and playing well after a rough 5 games stretch where they lost 4 game (pitts x2, titans and NE in a downpour).  They’re capable

The Bills o-line took some exception to how much they let Allen get pummeled by Bosa during that Chargers game.

In a mic'ed up session after that play where he wrapped his leg around Allen and twisted him to the turf the whole offensive line was pissed and Bosa was jawing back pleading what do you expect me to do the guy is f'ing huge...

Since that game something changed in that group. Just a switch was flipped and they have been a pass-pro machine even with Pittsburgh throwing blitz after blitz at them and having an all-pro end.

I think they decided Josh is their man and they have to elevate their game and protect him better.

That scare was a good thing. It brought that realization home about just how much he means to this team and its success. It was like getting the paddles out and yelling "clear".

Edited by WideNine

35 minutes ago, WideNine said:

The Bills o-line took some exception to how much they let Allen get pummeled by Bosa during that Chargers game.

In a mic'ed up session after that play where he wrapped his leg around Allen and twisted him to the turf the whole offensive line was pissed and Bosa was jawing back pleading what do you expect me to do the guy is f'ing huge...

Since that game something changed in that group. Just a switch was flipped and they have been a pass-pro machine even with Pittsburgh throwing blitz after blitz at them and having an all-pro end.

I think they decided Josh is their man and they have to elevate their game and protect him better.

That scare was a good thing. It brought that realization home about just how much he means to this team and its success. It was like getting the paddles out and yelling "clear".

You think that, after the chargers game, the OL decided that Josh allen was their man and had to elevate their game huh?

idk man.

the niners never blitzed and don’t have any great pass rushers without Bosa. 

the Steelers DL dominated 1/2 of the game.  

the Broncos Have one pass rusher and we doubled him a fair amount. 

the ravens bring disguised blitzes and have several good pass rushers. Not even a couple.  Campbell, ngakoue, Judon are top notch.  Ferguson, Bowser, ward and McPhee can all find a way to the qb as can their secondary.  

like I said, we’re better, but their healthy D can give us a run. 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

You think that, after the chargers game, the OL decided that Josh allen was their man and had to elevate their game huh?

idk man.

the niners never blitzed and don’t have any great pass rushers without Bosa. 

the Steelers DL dominated 1/2 of the game.  

the Broncos Have one pass rusher and we doubled him a fair amount. 

the ravens bring disguised blitzes and have several good pass rushers. Not even a couple.  Campbell, ngakoue, Judon are top notch.  Ferguson, Bowser, ward and McPhee can all find a way to the qb as can their secondary.  

like I said, we’re better, but their healthy D can give us a run. 

Was kind of moving on from the Ravens topic...

Just that our o-line has elevated their play. I checked football outsiders offensive and defensive line DVOA db and they currently have the Bills ranked 4th just behind the Ravens.

I take that with a grain of salt as they still struggle run blocking in short yardage situations, but their pass protection has been at a whole new level with Mongo and Morse manning the middle and with Ike playing better.

Not easy either with a QB who loves to hold the ball move around and extend plays.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I love the line "This is why QBs should take debate class in college."

His line about Jerry was pretty good too - 'Possibly the only man who hates the refs more than I do' - and showed a clip of when Jerry had a go at a ref in the tunnel.

I'd recommend watching it just for that tbh. ;)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.