Week 15 Bills @ Broncos Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

Shout out to McD for making the call on eliminating the Denver Kick Return game. He saw the imbalance on offense and defense, and decided to limit their chances at splash plays. They didn’t need the advantage of catching them at the 10, or hoping for a fumble. 

I loved this call. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am at the point now where I am not rooting for or against anyone. I think we all fear the ravens— but there’s nothing we can do about that now. 

I do not fear the Ravens in any way.  Obviously KC is the team to beat.  After that my "fears" are all minimal.  It's a game and any team can lose to a good team.  We're not immune to that.  I think the biggest threats are Colts, a Titans and I think the Steelers may bounce back a bit.  Forget the Ravens IMO.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Big C said:

Division, check. Let’s keep this thing goin!

side note anyone else think they should have pulled the starters sooner? Was getting a little nervous there. Couple minor injuries but holy crap Josh don’t block for your RB when you’re up 4 scores in the 4th!!

Isn't that why we all love Josh Allen?

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Ehhh this is starting to make me nervous... I guess Norman did already have covid so he'll be okay. There's another video of Siran Neal high fiving a bunch of random people out his window as he drives through the crowd. Can't imagine the NFL will be happy about this.

Oh here's a follow up to that guy on the ledge:

This is what happens when Buffalo is deprived of tailgating for an entire season.

If I had video editing skills I'd work on that screaming idiot at the car door to visually show all the flying particulates he's hurling at the face of our 3rd corner.  What an idiot.

We were so confident in the win yesterday, we actually cheered Roberts' turnover because it increased the chances of fast points being scored.  I had the over for the game, and my friend had the first half over on his prop bets.  My friend ended up winning his ticket because the last thing he needed was the over on Singletary rushing yards, which wasn't looking good until he smashed the over with a single rush at the end.  I was telling him all game that he has the ability to break big gains, and that we would run more towards the end with a big lead.  Only problem was they were going more with Moss...

1 hour ago, Process said:

For anyone else hoping the dolphins win and get into the playoffs, this is.. not good

Well darn, I had Miami winning by 4 in my big stupid parlay bet ($10 bet to win over $3100).  I think my dad also has them in his $3 bet to win $150k.

9 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Well darn, I had Miami winning by 4 in my big stupid parlay bet ($10 bet to win over $3100).  I think my dad also has them in his $3 bet to win $150k.

Well, the pats are bad and it doesn't seem to be a problem for the Dolphins.

Edit: Lol...they just tua'd themselves. 

Edited by jeremy2020

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I personally doubt Mark Schlereth knows a damned thing about what Josh Allen does or does not take personally.

He certainly doesn't know much about the Buffalo Bills offense or how Allen plays.

A few snafus:

-Immediately called Illegal Contact penalty on Diggs reception "Offensive pass interference" without bringing back up a clip that might show his point, and stuck to it.  But people who've been watching Diggs know he's been breaking ankles like that all season with no contact

-Said of Beasley "talking to him and others, every route he runs is like an option route, he has freedom to do whatever he wants out there".  But Beasley has said "we don't run as many option routes as you guys think" and also that part of what he does is talk to Allen watching film and then "I have to run it the way I tell him I'm going to run it, even if I see something different"

-On Allen touchdown to Knox called it a "designed run for Allen" and "improvising" when we've all seen that rollout to the R and pass to a crossing route in the EZ before, vs. when Denver was on offense he correctly identified a bootleg rollout to the R by Lock

He just didn't seem to have done much, if anything, in the way of pre-production homework on the Bills.

I mean it seemed to be from a pregame interview they do before calling these national games but then there is the postgame interview where Allen just kind of dead pans and says he's where he's supposed to be.

15 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean it seemed to be from a pregame interview they do before calling these national games but then there is the postgame interview where Allen just kind of dead pans and says he's where he's supposed to be.

Got a link because I would be shocked if Josh said anything like that pre-game

Now....Mongo outed Josh a bit post game.  Asked in a post game interview if there was anything personal for Josh Allen in beating one of the teams that could have drafted him Mongo smiled a little and said unambiguously and unadorned "Yes".  *silence*.

43 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

If I had video editing skills I'd work on that screaming idiot at the car door to visually show all the flying particulates he's hurling at the face of our 3rd corner.  What an idiot.

Well 🤔 if there's two guys on the Bills team that have less to fear from flying particles, Josh Norman would be one.

Worth noting he could still catch a flu or a cold that would have the same symptoms and knock him out of the lineup.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Fair points, but Bills Mafia didn't make the players roll down their windows.  But they shouldn't be beating on the cars, that's just disrespectful.  But I doubt the players took offense.

This.

There are some things you can tell.  That Josh unsolicitedly mentioned that they passed on him at 5 says it bothered him.

Huh?  Who the hell is hoping the Dols get into the playoffs?

Eh, we played them last year and this wasn't really a narrative at all.

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am at the point now where I am not rooting for or against anyone. I think we all fear the ravens— but there’s nothing we can do about that now. 

I definitely don’t fear the Raven. They fit the teams feast on, all run and little pass. We load the box against them and dare them to pass. This isn’t last year. Fear teams like the Browns or Colts or Titans who can score 26+ on anyone. If you can’t put up that many on the Bills you are going to lose. So the Steelers and Ravens are teams I would love to play. They are both one dimensional. 

34 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Now....Mongo outed Josh a bit post game.  Asked in a post game interview if there was anything personal for Josh Allen in beating one of the teams that could have drafted him Mongo smiled a little and said unambiguously and unadorned "Yes".  *silence*.

There isn't one from what the announcer said it seemed like he was taking it from the pregame interactions that the guys calling the game have with the teams.

Just now, Warcodered said:

There isn't one from what the announcer said it seemed like he was taking it from the pregame interactions that the guys calling the game have with the teams.

Yeah, well like I said he made it sound like from his interactions Beasley just goes out and free-styles and runs options on every play and we know from detailed coverage with Josh and Beas that is far from the case, thus I'm dubious about anything Schlereth reports

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I know you're afraid of the Ravens.  But speak for yourself

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don’t fear the dolphins, but I hate the idea of playing a team three times in a season. The familiarity typically evens the games out. 

Im with you on this but they look bad. I wonder if some of that could be nullified by the bills not NEEDING to win week 17, and the Dolphins might. The way they call the game could be completely different than what that truly want to try and do 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well 🤔 if there's two guys on the Bills team that have less to fear from flying particles, Josh Norman would be one.

Worth noting he could still catch a flu or a cold that would have the same symptoms and knock him out of the lineup.

True, but who else's car did he scream into, sans video?  Did he consciously pick out Norman to scream at, knowing he already had COVID?  Doubtful. The point is, putting our players at risk like that is stupid and selfish. 

2 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

True, but who else's car did he scream into, sans video?  Did he consciously pick out Norman to scream at, knowing he already had COVID?  Doubtful. The point is, putting our players at risk like that is stupid and selfish. 

Independent of any current health situation, I think it's a bit boundry-crossing and disrespectful to stick your head into the window and scream into a player's car in any season.  Surely one can express one's bliss without putting hands on player's personal property or getting into their faces? 

JMO, no salesman will call.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

My God! I am so happy. For all the fans, current and past, for all the players for any era...we can all say it with pride.

WE are the Buffalo Bills.

"Is thing on? Cause it's about to be."

--quoted from a current bills fan, happens to be a former coach 

Edited by foreboding
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.