Week 15 Bills @ Broncos PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Apparently Lock is going to die today judging by the comments over at https://www.orangemane.com/forum/orange-mane-discussion/orange-mane-central-discussion/2767597-fangio-renames-wilkinson-as-starter-at-rt

I guess Wilkinson is pretty bad according to their fans.

Wilkinson is a friend of a friend... supposedly he’s semi-decent at guard but has been to putrid at T dating back to college. 

4 minutes ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

781781193-miami-dolphins-vs-buffalo-bill

The four consecutive trips to the Super Bowl were behind them, but Jim Kelly and the Buffalo Bills under coach Marv Levy had one last hurrah left in them in 1995. Rallying from a 7-9 record the previous season, the 1995 Bills went 10-6 to capture the AFC East title.

That year also marked the last time the Bills won a playoff game. Some 25 years later, the world is a very different place as the Bills enter NFL Week 15 on the cusp of an AFC championship.

The World Was Crazy the Last Time the Buffalo Bills Won the AFC East Championship 

5fd6ef5597f72.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

A win over the Broncos on Saturday afternoon is all the team needs to secure the AFC East crown for the first time since the 1995 season.

According to the NFL’s release about this week’s playoff scenarios, the Bills can also wrap up the division with a Dolphins loss to the Patriots or if both they and the Dolphins tie their games.

If the Bills lose and Dolphins win, the Bills can clinch a playoff spot with a Ravens loss to the Jaguars.

Bills can clinch first AFC East title since 1995 this week

The way 2020 has gone I wouldn't be surprised if this is what happens.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think so?  Chiefs have the head-to-head tiebreaker on us.  But Man you guys are all "Cart Before Horse".   Just Win Baby

It.  Will.  Be. Dark.  Here.  @Chandler#81

No.

Actually if this happens Bills are number 1 seed as long as one of the loses for KC is San Diego. Head to Head only comes into play if all three teams have played each other

1 minute ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Actually if this happens Bills are number 1 seed as long as one of the loses for KC is San Diego. Head to Head only comes into play if all three teams have played each other

The other loss has to be the Saints. It can’t be the Falcons or they remain the number one seed.

Lets get it done guys. My kids have had to listen to me talking about how this hasn't happened since I was their age. Do it for the city and Bills family everywhere. Then its on like a mofo.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

I have a dilemma today. My son has a 315 hockey game. We won't be home until nearly six. Watch the game on my phone as i keep time in the box and listen on Sat radio on the way home or try to go off the grid and watch it all when I get home?

It's so hard to go off the grid, but I'd try. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think so?  Chiefs have the head-to-head tiebreaker on us.  But Man you guys are all "Cart Before Horse".   Just Win Baby

It.  Will.  Be. Dark.  Here.  @Chandler#81

No.

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Put a flashlight on your helmet.

I’ve seen theory’s where -if it’s a 3-way tie, we win Home Field. Not sure how that’s decided but I do know 3-way ties cancel out Head to Head.

The head to head in a 3 way tie is if a teams beaten both the others they win or if they've lost to both they're eliminated. Since that doesn't happen it moves on down the list and with our strength of victory/schedule we could get the #1 seed.

Last time we won the division I had no wife, no kids. I had my whole life ahead of me and my dreams still smelt of roses instead of stale piss. I had hair, could drink all night and not feel a thing in the morning. I could get out of a chair without making a noise, listen to music at full volume without complaining it was too loud. I regularly spent the night with women whose names I didn't know in the morning and still don't know now. The week before I had scored four touchdowns in a single game. I was a hero. I was happy dammit.

Now here I am selling shoes for a living, wondering how the hell Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas and Bruce Smith and Andre Reed suddenly got so old, just waiting for a young man who was barely out of his father's sack in 95 to lead us to another division triumph. And I know if they can do it I will remember once more what it's like to be young, to be free, to be a winner.

tenor.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

I have a dilemma today. My son has a 315 hockey game. We won't be home until nearly six. Watch the game on my phone as i keep time in the box and listen on Sat radio on the way home or try to go off the grid and watch it all when I get home?

Option 2 - family first.

This is just my opinion, and it works for me.

I have been saying "Wait until next year since 1967! :beer:

• Like (+1) 1