Week 15 Bills @ Broncos PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

I think hell has officially frozen over...

https://www.espn.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/37485/can-bills-patient-plan-with-josh-allen-work-for-broncos-and-drew-lock

‘Can Bills' patient plan with Josh Allen work for Broncos and Drew Lock?’

The Buffalo Bills are now being used as an example on how you develop a young quarterback 😂

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 8

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Can anyone answer a quick question here seem as good as any. Im not local so I cant answer. But my dad doesn't have NFLN is in the Syracuse area. Think he'll be able to get it on a local channel anyone?

I'm in Syracuse region too. NFLN is the only way to watch. There is the Bill's app though. Probably some other internet method's too.

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Can anyone answer a quick question here seem as good as any. Im not local so I cant answer. But my dad doesn't have NFLN is in the Syracuse area. Think he'll be able to get it on a local channel anyone?

Chiming in from Florida, I don’t know. I’m sure -without inquiring- WNY is carrying it on a local Chl, (7?) But having lived in the Syracuse area for 4 years a lifetime ago, I remember that it depended on what NYS team was playing well that year. Best bet, Ask him if it’s on his ABC tv guide.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I admire the confidence. I think Denver is too well-coached to just fold. I can see this being a pretty close game for the most part. Hopefully we can pull away late, and win the turnover battle. 

Buffalo is a pass first team.  Denver is down to there 3 rd string Boundry Cb and 2 guys they picked up off ps squad this year.  I heard Cossell state they might play their saftey Kareem Jackson at nickel.  This is why I expect Buffalo to have their way on offense.  Locke is talented but doesnt need much more than a soft nudge to take ill advised risks.  I expect Buffalo to jump out to a 2 score game quickly than Locke presses and snowballs.  

• Like (+1) 1

Man that would be a hell of a day for Diggs and Allen.

Bold prediction: Buffalo wide receiver Stefon Diggs will go wild on Saturday. With the Broncos' struggles at cornerback, that might not be too bold of a prediction, but this might be: He will set a new career high and eclipse the 201 receiving yards he needs to become the Bills' single-season receiving leader. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques

2 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I am trying to decide if I want the Bills to win this game for pride or lose for a better draft pick  .. oh wait 25 year old habits die hard.

llet's go Buffalo I want the t-shirt for Christmas!

Jesus H! It’s been so long, I forget about the T-shirts! And here, I thought all the Xmas shopping was done.. Gonna be very close with Xmas Friday morning. Especially for out-of-Towners

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Bufflow4 said:

I was lying in bed last night...

I drifted off and had a dream.

we were beating Denver 14-3.

I woke up kind of sad.

But then I realised it was only a dream.

I know We'll beat Denver by way more than that!

- Sent from my IBM Selectric

I'm fired up for this one, seems strange to have a SATURDAY game to get ready for, but I'll figure it out!  Might have to go for a hike to burn some energy / waste some time :beer:

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I think hell has officially frozen over...

https://www.espn.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/37485/can-bills-patient-plan-with-josh-allen-work-for-broncos-and-drew-lock

‘Can Bills' patient plan with Josh Allen work for Broncos and Drew Lock?’

The Buffalo Bills are now being used as an example on how you develop a young quarterback 😂

I think the media has a very skewed idea of what Josh Allen was doing last year.   The Bills were winning games with him.  He wasnt always doing it with his arm, but he was carrying the team and making 4th Quarter comebacks in his second year.   Josh was inaccurate at times his first two years (didnt help they led the league in drops) but he wasnt some horrible losing quarterback who didnt look like he belonged.

Patience is part of the key in developing young quarterbacks, but I have a feeling no matter how long the Bills "developed" J.P. Losman or E.J. Manual, they were really never going to be good at the position.  I dont think Allen's elite physical ability gets enough credit in his becoming a very good NFL QB. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Heitz said:

- Sent from my IBM Selectric

I'm fired up for this one, seems strange to have a SATURDAY game to get ready for, but I'll figure it out!  Might have to go for a hike to burn some energy / waste some time :beer:

Be on the lookout for @Hapless Bills Fan. Hiking trails will be full of Bills fans today!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Bufflow4 said:

I was lying in bed last night...

I drifted off and had a dream.

we were beating Denver 14-3.

I woke up kind of sad.

But then I realised it was only a dream.

I know We'll beat Denver by way more than that!

Varsity Blues.  RIP Paul Walker.

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 1

It was 25 years ago, in the year of our lord 1995, that a plucky team of players representing the Western section of the state of New York made a heroic last stand in the pursuit of a trophy named for the fallen warrior, Lombardi. They'd come close, that ragtag bunch of overachievers. On 4 occasions they'd come to the arena where the holy trophy would be presented and each time they walked away defeated, while their opponents celebrated. This time they would secure the crown of the East, but not of the conference named after the nation that they'd bended a knee to honor and protect.

But the combatants were not the only ones affected by the outcomes. The ones known as the fanatics were crestfallen as well. While their blood was not shed in the literal sense, it flowed from them like water from the mythical river Styx. They were connected with their on field heroes cosmically, just as that famed river was said to connect the underworld with the world of the living.

Dead was what many of them felt after those defeats. Their ever-true hearts ripped in two. Even in the halcyon days of 1995, the fanatics knew that a storm was coming. They knew that their team would soon hibernate and dream of days of future and a return to glory. What they did not know is how long that induced slumber would last.

One score and 5 long years later the beast has reawoken. Led by a field lieutenant espousing a meticulous process and a chess master of a general pulling the unseen strings that have replenished the ranks of a newly-feared Army, they stand at the ready to right old wrongs and restore glory to a franchise long overdue for it's just reward.

The fanatics too have changed. Many much grayer at the temple than the first go 'round. Still others breathing Earthly air when they were but a twinkle in heaven's eye those many years ago. Still, we pause to raise a glass to those that have passed on to a higher plane. Parents and Grandparents, brothers and sisters and friends of the Red, White and Blue. Though your body has left us, we feel your spirit here today and it emboldens us as we prepare to watch our heroes take the first step in reclaiming a glory that should have never been so long in its return.

Clasp hands, brothers and sisters, and speak with me words that unite us across all racial, ethnic and socio-economic lines. Words that ring true from the banks of Lake Erie to the top of Mt. Everest. Words of eternal beauty that have ever been spoken on this great land of ours - Go Bills!

Edited by ChevyVanMiller
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My feelings haven't changed on this one.

All three major matchups -- Bills offense vs Broncos defense, Bills defense vs Broncos offense, and McDermott vs Fangio -- favor the Bills.

I know, I know: any given Sunday, altitude, scrappy opponents that we can't overlook, blah, blah, blah...The Bills are a perfect 5-0 against top 10 pass defenses this year. You're telling me that THIS Broncos secondary is beating Josh Allen's Bills offense today?!

Bills are raising the AFC East banner today. The wait is over.

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Bills will get the #1 seed if these are their records at end of the season ?

Chiefs 13-3

Steelers 13-3

Bills 13-3

I don't think so?  Chiefs have the head-to-head tiebreaker on us.  But Man you guys are all "Cart Before Horse".   Just Win Baby

44 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Be on the lookout for @Hapless Bills Fan. Hiking trails will be full of Bills fans today!

It.  Will.  Be. Dark.  Here.  @Chandler#81

No.

• Haha (+1) 1