Ran into a bills fan where I never expected

14 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Lived on a boat about that size for a few months, it was great unless there was prolonged bad weather. Couldn’t get anything to dry out. You realize how much less you can get along with. Bristol is a very nice boat and made back when they laid up a lot of glass making the hull.

Lived in Charleston for a little while, loved it there.

Yup, nice boat, we have been out cruising the east coast and the islands for what is now our third year, it’s been great fun, with a few Mother Nature events that make you know your alive... 😳,  😁👍

Go Bills!!!

I've lived my entire life on Long Island. As a 9 or 10 year old I had no interest in the Jets or Giants so the decision was made to root for the other NY team and I've never looked back. Good times have been few and far between but it feels great to be back in the saddle. To paraphrase a line from Full Metal Jacket:

"These are great days we're living, bros. We are jolly blue giants, walking the Earth — with Josh Allen. These teams we vanquished here this year are the finest we will ever know. After we rotate back to the off season, we're gonna miss not having anyone around that's worth beating ."

• Like (+1) 1

Just had a funny experience & thought I'd throw my hat into the "ran into a Bills fan where I never expected it" ring.

So I work overnights at a fairly large County Jail in Texas, and 2 nights ago I was bringing in an inmate to process. He was drunk, rude, talking all kinds of s*** and just being a genuine pain in the behind. I tell him to stand against the wall & wait to be patted down, then I go to where we take mugshots (which is about 8 feet in front of him and start getting his paperwork together.

As I'm doing this, I grab my coffee tumbler and downing that sweet elixir when all of a sudden the guy just shuts up. I just thought "thank god," as I proceeded to setup the camera. About 10 seconds later, out of nowhere he just blurts out "Josh Allen is a STUD!" which absolutely threw me right off. I paused, looked up at him & just stared confused as hell as to why he just said that. I NEVER hear anything Bills-related in my city, and not once in 3 years in the jail. 

I just said "Sorry, what did you say?" even though I heard it clearly, I was just completely taken aback. He responded "Bro, the Bills are kicking ass this year! Diggs put this team over the top!" At that point, I didn't even care how much of a prick he was before that, I was so excited to hear Bills talk that I just completely dropped everything & stood there chatting it up for 10 minutes 😂

He got just as excited, then went on & on about how he wishes he could visit Buffalo, how he grew up loving them (post-Kelly), but they've never been good, and was so thrilled to meet another Bills fan that he couldn't stop apologizing for being so obnoxious earlier. Finally, I realized that I had no clue how he even knew I was a Bills fan, and he just pointed to my coffee tumbler. It was my Bills one, which I never bring to work but for some reason grabbed that night. 

Anyway, from that point on he was the most cooperative, calm & overly nice inmate I've ever dealt with. He asked for my name wanting to meet up to watch a game sometime, but yeah... wasn't willing to go that far lol. 
TL;DR - Met another Bills fan in jail. He was an a-hole. Then he became the most chill person ever, all because of a mutual love for the Bills. 👍:)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

TL;DR - Met another Bills fan in jail. He was an a-hole. Then he became the most chill person ever, all because of a mutual love for the Bills.

Might be taking Bills Mafia a bit too literally 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bmur66 said:

Nice. Eleuthera is beautiful. I have spent a lot of time on the southern end near Davis Harbor. Been to Staniel Cay?

Yup, pink store, Blue store 😁👍

• Like (+1) 1

I was walking downtown in Queenstown New Zealand in early March this year. I had on a Bills cap and passed by a small group of people and one said “go Bills“. I’m pretty sure I have never been more surprised in my life

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/18/2020 at 7:48 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Had to share what I thought was a unique experience that just grows my bills fan love.

was in a work conference call with our international team in México.

one of the team members sent holiday wishes but the Santa in the GIF was adorned with bills colors and logo.

turns out this person is a 30 years  long bills fan from Mexico City.

Commiserated all about superbowls, music city, all the players and drafts... his love of bills was rooted in family.

our culture runs deep. 

Same thing happened to me two weeks ago. A guy pulls up to me and asks me directions. He is wearing a Bills hoodie. I live in Chicago now. I said to him:

"You are wearing a Buffalo Bills Hoodie?" We talked about the Bills for a few minutes...I felt homesick!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

Let's make this a roll call thread. I live in Idaho now. Who's next and where?

Lived in Rochester for 30+ years - Had season tixs for 20 of them....now residing in Sunny Bradenton Florida.....Go BILLS!!!!!

Edited by Kwai San

Bills fans are like cockroaches: we're everywhere!

Just the other day, I talked to a guy working as a cook in a little BBQ joint in Gig Harbor, WA while wearing a Bills beanie. 

In the past, I've encountered Bills fans on the streets of Seoul, in the sands of the Arabian Desert, on a beach on the little Colombian island of San Andres, and various points in between.   

It's a great and global fraternity we have.