Ran into a bills fan where I never expected

Had to share what I thought was a unique experience that just grows my bills fan love.

was in a work conference call with our international team in México.

one of the team members sent holiday wishes but the Santa in the GIF was adorned with bills colors and logo.

turns out this person is a 30 years  long bills fan from Mexico City.

Commiserated all about superbowls, music city, all the players and drafts... his love of bills was rooted in family.

our culture runs deep. 

• Like (+1) 22
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We are many Mexican Bills, I am one of them (Currently living in Houston) and have been for the past 30 years. I come in every day to the board to check on any news.

My group already has tickets for the AFC championship game in Kansas, so hopefully see you there.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 years ago I was working in a bank

The american football here in argentina was a sport almost nobody saw or undestand

At that time, I never talk about the sport or the bills, beacause every time I talk, the people look at me li if I was a rare person.

One day, in a break I start to talk with a teammate and because I remembered he lived in US. Told him I like footbal (because I was desesperate to talk with somebody who undertand the sport). 

After few minute, he ask me if I like some team and i told "Bills".

¿He look at me and told me ¿"how do you know"?

He was a bills fans! maybe the only two bills fans at that time in all the country.

I need to name like 30 players and plays of the bills history and then he really believe me.

Fast forward, The other day, after almos 10 years without talk, I send a wasap message..."In february I see you in the obelisc (the place where the people celebrate his team championship)

Two minutes later, I recive his mesage "vamos los bills".

THE BILLS ARE A FAMILY!

LOS BILLS SON UNA FAMILIA!

Edited by Gonzonzo
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 5

I’m from Rochester, although lived in Connecticut for many years, now living on our sailboat cruising the the east coast and the Bahamas, where I am currently, 👍 ️🏝🤿🎣🍹😁

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Holding it down for 30 years in Mississippi GO BILLS 

5 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I’m from Rochester, although lived in Connecticut for many years, now living on our sailboat cruising the the east coast and the Bahamas, where I am currently, 👍 ️🏝🤿🎣🍹😁

Go Bills!!!

Is this terry or Kim 🤔

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, 97bills said:

Holding it down for 30 years in Mississippi GO BILLS 

Is this terry or Kim 🤔

Neither, 😁

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Had to share what I thought was a unique experience that just grows my bills fan love.

was in a work conference call with our international team in México.

one of the team members sent holiday wishes but the Santa in the GIF was adorned with bills colors and logo.

turns out this person is a 30 years  long bills fan from Mexico City.

Commiserated all about superbowls, music city, all the players and drafts... his love of bills was rooted in family.

our culture runs deep. 

The title frightened me! I was afraid it was in a Wegman’s parking lot! 

When we moved to Sarasota, Florida I was amazed to find so many Bills fans. All of that lost population had to go somewhere, and it was a safe bet many of them went somewhere warm! 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Go Bills!!!

This sounds amazing...are you able to see the games regularly?

Bronx NY. Family are all die hard Giant fans, have 0 ties to western NY, although that’s changed now (1 cousin who’s a Buffalo cop, the other for nat’l grid.). People always ask how did I become a fan, and I can’t really answer, I was too young to remember. I do remember my mother calling me buffalo bill Cody, and a neighbor friend of mine Jesse...jesse James. My only thought was that I thought the team was named after me? The other was just being a punk child rooting against my family’s team in the super bowl, which is my first football memory. I was 5 and I still remember the look on my parents face when I was rooting for the Bills lol. Fast forward and now my family always supports the Bills, at least when they’re not playing the G-men. Now that I’m thinking about this is should really change my post name to BuffaloBillCody.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

There is a long football tradition her in Mexico, at least 70 years, and during the early 90'  the Bills fan base grew up, until now, with the Facebook groups you can notice the  size of mexican Bills  fans, there is at least 6 national groups (and several regional). I'm in a couple of those  for a couple years back, and most of the members started in those years, and clearly 

It is starting to grow with the current results of the team

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Live from Bangalore, India.

Bills fan since 1990....lived through the 4 SB losses.  Illegal Forward Throw,  drought,  and now enjoying the revival;  don't care whether the game is at 11:30 PM or 2:30 AM or 5 AM, always watch it live every single game...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 7