How can I watch the Bills this Saturday (without NFL Network)

13 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Some network providers will not carry NFLN due to dispute on cost (but they carry 20+ Reality TV shows).

Verizon locally moved NFLN to Sports Tier so they can charge $14/month to watch it.  I signed up for it today and will cancel after wild card weekend.

It was on ESPN and cross covered on ABC.

Incorrect. It was on NFL Network with Mike Tirico on the call.

The playoff game was on ESPN/ABC.

Just a heads up but I have spectrum in the Utica area and was able to add the sports package with NFLN and red zone for 5$ a month. Had the channels in 30 seconds. Hope it’s this easy to cancel in a month or two.

Just another option if anyone is looking for one. GO BILLS

28 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I suspect 17+ plus years of 1:00pm suckitude created your football routine..🤔 

Absolutely true!

I also have the angst the OP is feeling of trying to figure out how I’m going to catch the game. Last week we spent hours figuring how to add apps to the TV and how I was going to stream it. When we finally (thought) we had it all worked out we learned the effort was wasted because even streaming was blocked due to “local restrictions”. I ended up at a Bills bar watching the Spanish channel in a crowd  on DTV. There was a LOT to not like about that!

But aside from the angst, the routine is borne of years suckitude.....I’m a creature of habit, and they did this to me! 

• Like (+1) 1

I have Game Pass, so I was planning to watch it tonight after the game ends. But I decided to sign up for a free trial of YouTubeTV so I can watch it live. I'll cancel it before the bill comes due.

1 minute ago, WhoTom said:

I have Game Pass, so I was planning to watch it tonight after the game ends. But I decided to sign up for a free trial of YouTubeTV so I can watch it live. I'll cancel it before the bill comes due.

A friend of mine at work is from Miami (we are still friends, yes). He set up his YouTube TV with his mother’s address who still lives down there so he can watch the Dolphins (seriously, he’s an OK guy). But, all NBC, ABC, CBS, etc are Miami channels, so he can’t get local forecasts in the morning. But who watches the news anymore? 

16 minutes ago, pepsicat17 said:

Just a heads up but I have spectrum in the Utica area and was able to add the sports package with NFLN and red zone for 5$ a month. Had the channels in 30 seconds. Hope it’s this easy to cancel in a month or two.

Just another option if anyone is looking for one. GO BILLS

Never as easy to cancel as to add. Once cancelled and next month was on bill.  I contacted them and even with confirmation number they claimed change had not completed.  I told them to cancel service and they put me to supervisor who allowed removal and took it off bill.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Never as easy to cancel as to add. Once cancelled and next month was on bill.  I contacted them and even with confirmation number they claimed change had not completed.  I told them to cancel service and they put me to supervisor who allowed removal and took it off bill.

Good part of YouTube TV. Since it’s an app, you can cancel as soon as you sign up and still get your free month. 

28 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

A friend of mine at work is from Miami (we are still friends, yes). He set up his YouTube TV with his mother’s address who still lives down there so he can watch the Dolphins (seriously, he’s an OK guy). But, all NBC, ABC, CBS, etc are Miami channels, so he can’t get local forecasts in the morning. But who watches the news anymore? 

The IP address from his location should have stopped that.

Just now, Mike in Horseheads said:

Good for him, I'm surprised that he can do that without a VPN.

I thought the same thing. But VPNs are IP based and most of our new tech uses GPS. I think YouTube is just thinking “ok, you’re in Florida? Cool. Give me you 70 dollars.”  

• Haha (+1) 1