How can I watch the Bills this Saturday (without NFL Network)

15 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Not if you are out of market unless you are on Verizon wireless data or if you are already a subscriber to one of the other things. They show it but only on cellular networks And phone so no airplay to the tv. 

I have done an embarrassing amount of investigation to try and avoid this annoyance . 

Oh ok. So, I do have Verizon, I'm lucky enough to have pretty good cell service where I live, and and an unlimited data package... sounds like this might work for me, as long as I turn off my WiFi, am I reading this right?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

O ok I didn't realize that I have Verizon i didnt know that was a perk 

I’m betting if you flip to WiFi or try to push to a tv it stops working. If not you have beaten something and that is awesome.

so irritating all the money I give the nfl For decades and they Reward me when the team is finally watch worthy by adding all this complexity for that one  network game per year 

16 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Not if you are out of market unless you are on Verizon wireless data or if you are already a subscriber to one of the other things. They show it but only on cellular networks And phone so no airplay to the tv. 

I have done an embarrassing amount of investigation to try and avoid this annoyance . 

Chromebook would be another option for the NFL app... I have a 15.5" one and its basically like watching games on a small tv. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BuffalothruMyVeins said:

Oh ok. So, I do have Verizon, I'm lucky enough to have pretty good cell service where I live, and and an unlimited data package... sounds like this might work for me, as long as I turn off my WiFi, am I reading this right?

Roger. On nfl app,turnoff WiFi and watch on phone free of charge. You can test it right now. Flip off WiFi then go in the app tap the 3 dots to the bottom right and select nfl network and it should start playing live NFLN. NFLN is alway free live on Verizon data.  

3 minutes ago, T&C said:

Chromebook would be another option for the NFL app... I have a 15.5" one and its basically like watching games on a small tv. 

That’s a nice set up. I will either do the free trial (did fubotv last year) so I can watch on the 70” or say eff it and Squish my face up to my iPhone 8.. 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Roger. On nfl app,turnoff WiFi and watch on phone free of charge. You can test it right now. Flip off WiFi then go in the app tap the 3 dots to the bottom right and select nfl network and it should start playing live NFLN. NFLN is alway free live on Verizon data.  

That’s a nice set up. I will either do the free trial (did fubotv last year) so I can watch on the 70” or say eff it and Squish my face up to my iPhone 8.. 🤷‍♂️ 

Wow, that's great, I just tried it and it worked!

I wonder how the chromebook option works, as I would think that would be running off of WiFi, and would be subject to the same blocking that my phone would have on WiFi signal.

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The chromebook I have is an Acer, bought it at walmart maybe 4 months ago... was only $174. Has gotten me Way more and better quality Bills games than the old laptop I had. I would highly recommend one to anyone. Any app you can get on your phone is available. 

2 minutes ago, BuffalothruMyVeins said:

Wow, that's great, I just tried it and it worked!

I wonder how the chromebook option works, as I would think that would be running off of WiFi, and would be subject to the same blocking that my phone would have on WiFi signal.

I "think" the game is on ch.7 up there... they might have their own app with "watch live", all of the channels down here do (Florida). 

I live overseas, so not sure if it's actually available in the States, but I have NFL Gamepass.  I can See all the games.  Bills Games and every single other NFL game is available every week and then for the whole season on demand.  You can watch them any time during or afterwards.  Then the next day you can watch the entire game, OR Just the plays - which takes 40 minutes.  It's great a couple days after you've already watched the whole game like on a Tuesday, to refresh your memory about how things developed over the whole game.   It's awesome.  

The Bills app has an option for you, check it out, I have watched a couple of games on my phone using it,

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

Just a quick option if interested...not that I have ever done it but some guy told me it works.....: 

PS it looks a little different now w/ the new updates but the directions are roughly the same.

Manually change your location in Firefox

Here’s how to spoof your location in Firefox:

1. Type about:config in your browser. A warning will pop up to tell you about the risk involved in altering the advanced settings. As long as you’re happy to go ahead, click I accept the risk!
  2. Look for the setting geo.enabled.
  3. The value column should read “true.” Double click it to set it to “false.”

The geo.enabled row highlighted.

Note that this will only stop Firefox tracking your location. To set a new location, you can continue with the following steps:

1. Still in about:config, look for the setting geo.wifi.uri.
  2. Change this to the location you want to “be” in. To do this, you have to enter a specific longitude and latitude value. You can use the following line of code but replace the values: data:application/json,{"location": {"lat": 40.7590, "lng": -73.9845}, "accuracy": 27000.0}

The geo-wifi.uri row highlighted.

The above example from a Stack Exchange user will put you in Times Square, but you can change it to wherever you want by tweaking the latitude and longitude values. There are plenty of tools to help you find out these numbers such as GPS Coordinates and LatLong.net.

Note that if you ever want to revert back to the default settings, you can right click anywhere on the geo.wifi.uri row and select Reset.

Edited by Lagoon Blues

I live in Atlanta and use Google to search for livetv.sx, click on Broadcasts and look for "American Football". I've watched every Bills game for the last two years for free. They also have NFL Redzone. I use this on my phone and laptop. I don't use a TV but I think you could connect your laptop to your TV? These broadcasts come out of Canada or the UK. Note sometimes the broadcast freezes or locks up so you have to refresh the screen/connection. This is a bit annoying but you are getting ALL NFL games for free so.... I bear with it.

You young whipper snappers are spoiled, back in the day we could only watch away games on a grainy black & white TV and we had to walk 12 feet through ankle deep pile carpeting, up hill both ways, to change the channels. Half the time we couldn't even tell who the heck had the ball unless you had just the right amount of tin foil on the rabbit ears and had them pointed in the perfect direction. Shoot, home games only came over my big brothers transistor radio which they made me stand in the middle of the room holding it above my head slowly rotation to get the strongest signal.

just sayin'

Oh yeah .... GET OFF OF MY LAWN

• Thank you (+1) 1