Will you cry?

Tears?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Tears?

• Yes
    • No

I’ll be honest, this meant more to me than I realized.  No tears, but a lot of memories. 

Beyond that, just knowing we have a real team that can beat anyone.  Knowing we have a defense again.  Knowing we have our Franchise QB and Receiver.  

To absolutely know we’ve arrived and it’s real....

• Like (+1) 2

I felt like the Bills should beat Denver, so no tears for that. Maybe if the game got close and they scored last second, but I was pretty confident it would happen so no tears. Confidence takes away happy tears. (Ask my wife during our wedding, not letting go of that one). Plus I already did all my crying yesterday watching The Mandolorian season finale.

I'm shaking. No crying but these guys have a goal to win the Super Bowl. The intermediate goal was to "host a playoff game by winning the division". They set out to do something and they did it. And the way they did it today... playing with supreme confidence and "looking the part".

Despite the score it wasn't a perfect effort, and they know it.  We haven't even seen their ceiling but today was an example of what they can do when all 3 phases are clicking.

Probably the closest I ever came to that was in 2017, but it was from seeing the locker room footage of Kyle Williams hugging his boys and then he himself starting to tear up a bit only to be embraced by Leslie Frazier. THAT was the most emotional I think I've gotten watching this team and I've been watching them for a long time.

On 12/18/2020 at 11:09 AM, Buftex said:

I think the only time I cried after a sporting event (other than ones I was involved in, as a kid), was the Comeback Game against the Oilers.  It wasn't a "cry like a baby" kinda cry...but I remember my eyes just welling up with tears, and getting very emotional.  I was so proud of that team, that day.  I was also in the early stages of a divorce, so that may have played into it a little...my ex always hated my devotion to the Bills, because "they always lose".  That day, even she was impressed. Not today b**ch! :)

Ok...so I was wrong.  It wasn't the game...I didn't get choked up by the game, or winning the divsions title...it was this morning, watching all the clips of fans at the airport.  I am so happy for the city.  It probably shouldn't mean so much to us...but damn it, it does.

• 3 weeks later...