Will you cry?

Tears?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Tears?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

No, the question is will you cry if the Bills win tomorrow.

Judging from your self description as a "drought survivor" my question might have been a bit too on point.

No,  I will not be crying.  

As I've said before, the journey is the reward.

But I guarantee there will be a bunch of folks on here who will say they will.........that also for years made excuses to me here as to why it was justifiable to stop showing up for Bills games after Thanksgiving.

After a couple of decades of sitting in the stands at the end of so many Bills seasons with only like 10,000 others........for playoff-meaningless games where the team couldn't have PAID people to show up........I find it a bit hard to believe that there are quite this many tortured souls.:lol:

There is a little emotional tourism going on...........that's fine, no real harm, it's just a game..........but it was amusing watching all the bandwagon sufferers when the Bills finally made the playoffs in 2017 and it should be amusing watching the social media reactions if they win the division tomorrow.🤞

11 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

I may cry if we don’t win the super bowl this year. This team is not perfect but it’s at worst a top five team as of this moment. You are only this good this late in the season every so often, and in our case maybe once in 27 seasons. Any thing less than a super bowl victory this year will be a bitter disappointment IMO. 

Agree 💯 

we are good enough this season. We have what it takes.  If we don’t win, I’ll be disappointed.

Regardless, I’ll be happy that we’ve become a contender.....but I truly feel that this is the year

This might come off like a bit of a dick, but no.  I think that’s a losers mentality and we are past that.  Making the playoffs was a huge moment and I wouldn’t begrudge anyone for that.  A lot of things had to happen in that moment and there were so many deserving players on that team, like Kyle.  

Winning the division was an expectation this year and it means nothing without a playoff win.  Anything less than a playoff win would be a disappointment of a season. I’d rather make it in as the 7 seed and get a win or two than just win the division.  

The issue for is, we’ve surpassed expectations almost too fast.  Josh wasn’t supposed to be this good already.  The defense wasn’t supposed to bounce back like this. Diggs wasn’t supposed to lead the league in receptions.  

If we made baby step improvement, or if Brady was still owning our division, it would be a different story.  But we could have locked it up last Monday.  

The fact that we could win the division with two weeks left makes it almost anticlimactic. 

Expectations have changed very fast and winning the division is nice, but it’s the price of admission going forward 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Judging from your self description as a "drought survivor" my question might have been a bit too on point.

No,  I will not be crying.  

As I've said before, the journey is the reward.

But I guarantee there will be a bunch of folks on here who will say they will.........that also for years made excuses to me here as to why it was justifiable to stop showing up for Bills games after Thanksgiving.

After a couple of decades of sitting in the stands at the end of so many Bills seasons with only like 10,000 others........for playoff-meaningless games where the team couldn't have PAID people to show up........I find it a bit hard to believe that there are quite this many tortured souls.:lol:

There is a little emotional tourism going on...........that's fine, no real harm, it's just a game..........but it was amusing watching all the bandwagon sufferers when the Bills finally made the playoffs in 2017 and it should be amusing watching the social media reactions if they win the division tomorrow.🤞

Good lord you’re insufferable. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

This might come off like a bit of a dick, but no.  I think that’s a losers mentality and we are past that.  Making the playoffs was a huge moment and I wouldn’t begrudge anyone for that.  A lot of things had to happen in that moment and there were so many deserving players on that team, like Kyle.  

Winning the division was an expectation this year and it means nothing without a playoff win.  Anything less than a playoff win would be a disappointment of a season. I’d rather make it in as the 7 seed and get a win or two than just win the division.  

The issue for is, we’ve surpassed expectations almost too fast.  Josh wasn’t supposed to be this good already.  The defense wasn’t supposed to bounce back like this. Diggs wasn’t supposed to lead the league in receptions.  

If we made baby step improvement, or if Brady was still owning our division, it would be a different story.  But we could have locked it up last Monday.  

The fact that we could win the division with two weeks left makes it almost anticlimactic. 

Expectations have changed very fast and winning the division is nice, but it’s the price of admission going forward 

For the most part the refrain before the season was that they will go as far as Allen can take them.

So I don't think it's a crazy shock that Allen has been excellent.    I think the manner he has been excellent..........short to intermediate accuracy improves and not running nearly as much and still not fixing the deep ball issues.......is surprising.  But it was feasible for him to be excellent.    The defense was supposed to be "top 5" and Diggs was supposed to be a revelation at WR.

And more importantly we were told back in the struggles of 2018 that year 3.....2019........was supposed to be the year all along............and it almost was but they still went 0-2 vs. the Pats and stumbled down the stretch and came unglued in the playoff game.

4 years into a regime we shouldn't be the least bit surprised to be a SB contender.

• Like (+1) 2

Oh darn.  I thought the question was win the SB.  So I voted Yes !   Tears Of Joy. I will  cry like a baby.  

I would not cry for AFC East Division but I’ll be damm happy.  Too old and grizzled to cry for that though.  

I saw the AFL champs back in 64 and 65.  I cried like a little kid when they lost to KC the next year but I actually was a little kid then. 

Edited by Bob in STL

Is the question for the division? If so, no.

If we get to the Super Bowl? Maybe, but that might be more so out of frustration as I scramble and try to figure out Super Bowl plans during a pandemic. What a year to be great. No complaints. If nothing else I'm flying to Buffalo and hanging out in a living room with as many Bills fans as possible. 

Win the Super Bowl? Yeah

Edited by Nelius

11 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I'll be delighted, but not to the point of tears. If we win the Super Bowl I will be inconsolable.

On a related note: I will also not purchase any of the AFC East Champion T-Shirts that will be everywhere next week. I pledged after the 4 Super Bowl run that I would never buy another Bills celebratory shirt unless it said "Super Bowl Champs." I bought a slew of AFC East and AFC Champions shirts on the last go-round, only to never wear them after the sting of the SB losses.

Like this????

IMG_5138.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

See? SEE??? See how we are? We bawled when Dalton shocked the NFL World. Since then, we’ve played 2 playoff games with a 3rd one coming in a few weeks. But we haven’t won one. The 😢Tear Bar keeps getting re-set higher. For those of us who were here for the  SB run, it became clear then that only a Super Win will truly be acceptable. For the even fewer of us who recall our Championships in the mid ‘60’s, tears are followed by lifting up our players on our shoulders and carrying them off the field.

Has the time finally come?

98A8C7DE-C010-40B3-BEBC-7430D89F8D77.jpeg

4ED74864-81EA-4D7A-BAF2-C7992FE47711.jpeg

23 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

I will cry when we win a Super Bowl. A man is only allowed to cry 2-3x in his life, can't waste them.

But you do get a free pass if your watching Brian's song.

just sayin'

• Haha (+1) 1

While skimming through these replies it seems like most people agree that Winning the AFC East isn't going to bring any waterworks but I see everybody saying it would have to be for a Super Bowl win to get to that point....I am pretty sure I would be pretty emotional if we even just got back to a Super Bowl and the tears would be flowing then, anybody else think that would be enough to get the tear ducts going?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

While skimming through these replies it seems like most people agree that Winning the AFC East isn't going to bring any waterworks but I see everybody saying it would have to be for a Super Bowl win to get to that point....I am pretty sure I would be pretty emotional if we even just got back to a Super Bowl and the tears would be flowing then, anybody else think that would be enough to get the tear ducts going?

Yeah, I agree.  That would prob do it for me.

• Thank you (+1) 1