NFL to invite vaccinated healthcare workers to SB

North Buffalo

1 minute ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

My wife just got her vaccine shot on Wednesday. I wonder if she can bring her spouse!

I'm in the same boat here! Several of her colleagues turned down the vaccine (tinfoil hats). I said I'll take their vaccine! 

Let's hope we can all go to the super bowl baby 

• Like (+1) 2

On one hand, I am like, "Boy that is nice, they deserve all the credit in the world!"

On the other hand I am thinking "Are they just bringing in 20k healthcare workers, and those are the only fans allowed? Or are they flying like 100 of them out, and then still filling up the stands with 20,000 other people. Because if they wanted to show  the most respect and gratitude for the work healthcare workers have put in, a good place to start is to probably not filling a stadium in Florida with 20,000 random ticket purchasers and not potentially putting additional strain on the healthcare system."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

While it is great that they are inviting health care workers remember that all are not taking protocol as seriously off the job.

There have been multiple stories of them not using masks, etc off work.  There was a national story of one in Michigan who when bars opened up there had her child watched by someone else while she went without a mask to a bar and partied saying she needed a break.  After she was identified she said it was a mistake and was self quarantining for a week.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

While it is great that they are inviting health care workers remember that all are not taking protocol as seriously off the job.

There have been multiple stories of them not using masks, etc off work.  There was a national story of one in Michigan who when bars opened up there had her child watched by someone else while she went without a mask to a bar and partied saying she needed a break.  After she was identified she said it was a mistake and was self quarantining for a week.

That doesn’t surprise me... their jobs got a lot more stressful over the past nine months and they need to blow off some steam.  That’s still only a small minority, hopefully.

Edited by RiotAct
  • Like (+1) 2