Do we even want a home playoff game? Allen is a better road QB...

Big Turk

8 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

No offense but what an incredible obtuse comment.

So Allen does better on the raod?  Are we in it for Josh's stats?

We are according to your numbers 6-1 at home and 4=-2 away?  What is the mystery, why the heck would we want an away home game?

Allen kicks butt in a Dome and runs a finesse Offense IMO. Without the 12th man involved I can definitely see advantages to playing in climate controlled or good weather conditions which by the way is something the Bills may have had up to this point at the Ralph. Not anymore.

Do you think it would be good to have Allens arm neutralized in a snow storm vs Derrick Henry? I don't...

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 2

I don't even think it matters that much.  The last two years we're 10-4 at home and 10-4 on the road (I eliminated last years Jets game finale).  However, if we have adverse weather conditions that make it difficult to pass it helps a team like the Browns and Ravens out who have a stronger running game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Does this factor in WHO they play?

Cream puffs on the road and stronger teams at home? 

No but one would think over his career that would be balanced out. The same trends this year are also there for his career stats.

14 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

No offense but what an incredible obtuse comment.

So Allen does better on the raod?  Are we in it for Josh's stats?

We are according to your numbers 6-1 at home and 4=-2 away?  What is the mystery, why the heck would we want an away home game?

Obviously not but typically his stats are a reflection of how he is playing. Unless we decide to run the ball more that day which is rare now.

• Like (+1) 1

No.  Our record is better at home than on the road.

I would actually agree with the premise to some degree if we had fans because I believe that Allen feels more pressure playing in front of his home fans than in front of road fans cheering against him.  I argued in his first couple years that he was better on the road than at home for that reason.  But no, with no fans in the stands, we 100% want other QBs dealing with the January weather of Buffalo that Josh Allen was made for.

And hopefully moving forward this year helped Josh become comfortable enough at the pro-level to get rid of those jitters and yips he seemed prone to in his first couple years in front of the home fans.

I would actually agree with the premise to some degree if we had fans because I believe that Allen feels more pressure playing in front of his home fans than in front of road fans cheering against him.  I argued in his first couple years that he was better on the road than at home for that reason.  But no, with no fans in the stands, we 100% want other QBs dealing with the January weather of Buffalo that Josh Allen was made for.

And hopefully moving forward this year helped Josh become comfortable enough at the pro-level to get rid of those jitters and yips he seemed prone to in his first couple years in front of the home fans.

Out of the 7 other teams that are likely to make it to the playoffs I think half of the possible playoff matchups are cold outdoor cities. Cleveland, Baltimore, KC and Pitt are all cold and outdoor areas, might as well have a home game in the cold weather outdoors vs an away game. 

Home, only thing this year that’s kinda benefit as far as josh goes, is that he doesn’t seem to get to “amped up” and seems so much calmer in the beginning of games. Don’t get me wrong I would rather see and be apart of a jacked up stadium crowd, but his play just seems much more controlled. JMO

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Give me the Colts in round 1.  

Obviously or the Raiders or Dolphins but they aren't getting in.  

Sure you want the Colts with Rivers at Bills Stadium?

Here was his line at the Ralph the last time he was here:

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG
Philip Rivers 23/27 256 9.5 3 0 2-16 95.5 143.2
TEAM 23/27 240 9.5 3 0 2-16 -- 143.2

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Repeat it one more time and I'll believe you really mean it.

9 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

IMO it does matter 

don’t you want to see the Bills win at home?

if / when fans are allowed?

I want to see them win a SB and if their best chance is to.do it on the road then so be it. Also there is a certain quiet in a stadium when you beat a team at home in the playoffs that I always loved seeing

6 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Forget these stats, and name a team where you would rather the Bills play in their stadium.

If there are no fans.

1. Lucas Oil Stadium

2. Allegiant Stadium

3. Hard Rock Stadium

But we have better records than these teams so the point is pretty moot.

5 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I want to see them win a SB and if their best chance is to.do it on the road then so be it. Also there is a certain quiet in a stadium when you beat a team at home in the playoffs that I always loved seeing

😝 

No.

sorry man.  I just looked at their history over the last 5 seasons 

2019s 4-4 and 6-2 was not the norm

how many losses this season at home?  

that would be 1. KC 

So is the premise because he has better stats or because the Bills aren’t a ground and pound team, they throw the ball more? If the Bills go on the road it’s not like they are likely to go play in a dome or in nice weather. KC, Pittsburgh, Tennessee (while not terrible not an ideal place to go play in January) so I’m not really understanding why anyone would want them to play away games...doe that incredibly slim chance they might get to play Indy in their dome for one game then have to go on the road to cold weather cities after that?

2 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

That was early in the year in good weather

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

That was early in the year in good weather

Played him in November to in 17.

Sun 11/19 vsBUFBUF 20 32 251 62.5 7.8 2 0 29 1 107.7 52.3 0 0 0.0 0 0

Got our asses handed to us.

Same thing in sept (nice weather game in 14)

Sun 9/21 @BUFBUF 18 25 256 72.0 10.2 2 0 49 2 131.4 88.8 1 9 9.0 0 9

Though I will say, we didn't have an offense anywhere close to what we have now in those years.  The stats aren't great but you can tell that they were winning because we did very little on offense.  I still don't know enough about the Colts but I know Rivers can make it work.

Edited by The Wiz

3 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

That Bills team was terrible and the Chargers were really good.  And it was in September.  

• Like (+1) 1