Do we even want a home playoff game? Allen is a better road QB...

Big Turk

Good thread and some great insight. For me it’s a mental advantage for the Bills even without fans. It’s a tough task to know you have to go to frozen Buffalo. And JA having such a strong arm. I think it’s a bit intimidating. Be interested to see opposition QB second half of season stats vs Bills. It’s one of the reasons JA will never lead in % or yards/TD’s.
JA certainly has excelled in mild weather conditions. Weather and in particular wind cause challenges for all QB’s in OP. So slight advantage Bills even if hampers JA to some degree. Home is home with travel factor as well. 

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

That Bills team was terrible and the Chargers were really good.  And it was in September.  

I’d be interested to see PR stats in cold weather games in particular playoffs. May not be that many examples but I don’t see him being comfortable. 

5 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

No offense but what an incredible obtuse comment.

So Allen does better on the raod?  Are we in it for Josh's stats?

We are according to your numbers 6-1 at home and 4=-2 away?  What is the mystery, why the heck would we want an away home game?

The second loss was BS and we should be 5-1 but a loss is a loss I guess...

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

That Bills team was terrible and the Chargers were really good.  And it was in September.  

If I remember correctly it was all first half..that was the game the defense really changed into an elite unit almost overnight...held the Chargers to something like 30 total yards in the 2nd half and Rivers did basically nothing...and no, they were not just trying to run it every play.

Edited by matter2003

How about this for people:

Scenerio: Bills are 12-3 going into the last game. The Steelers are also 13-2 or 12-3 going into the last game. Would you rest your starters or play for the chance at the 2 seed?

Edit: Chiefs are 14-1 and the Bills have no chance at the 1 seed

Edited by dma0034

This is an overall silly topic.  As much as I want to see Josh play well, and his play can be correlated to wins, I'd rather the Bills win with JA having a bad day.  Almost all stats point to playing at home gives us a better chance to win.  Winning is whats important.  Not JA's numbers.

There is also the fact that in each of the last 2 seasons, the road teams won 3 out of the 4 wildcard games. Last year we were the only road team to lose on Wildcard weekend.  3 seasons ago it was 2-2.  In 2015, road teams were 4-0 WC weekend.  

Edited by Hellcamino
added content

6 hours ago, dma0034 said:

How about this for people:

Scenerio: Bills are 12-3 going into the last game. The Steelers are also 13-2 or 12-3 going into the last game. Would you rest your starters or play for the chance at the 2 seed?

Edit: Chiefs are 14-1 and the Bills have no chance at the 1 seed

play for the 2 seed,

it assures them 2 home games in the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/17/2020 at 8:36 PM, Meatloaf63 said:

The second loss was BS and we should be 5-1 but a loss is a loss I guess...

I was responding to the OP use of stats and judge by the stats he/she used, Allen's record at home was vastly superior to away games.  Now if you and yto start to qualify his/her stats, select or deselect the one you want/dont want. then dont  use the stats to being with.

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I was responding to the OP use of stats and judge by the stats he/she used, Allen's record at home was vastly superior to away games.  Now if you and yto start to qualify his/her stats, select or deselect the one you want/dont want. then dont  use the stats to being with.

Just saying record at home and away is pretty = I haven’t looked individually at WvsL, although we do have a bad loss at home and on the road. More than likely we will have to play both.