Bills will be a tough ticket next year

vanhalen26

1 hour ago, BillnutinHouston said:

This can be overcome.  Make stadium admission dependent upon a ticket + proof of vaccination or antibodies.  With this in place, even the politicians can't say game attendance isn't safe.

Some people balk at the idea that a person should be required to provide ID to be allowed to vote. IMHO requiring a fan to provide vaccination records (and ID to prove the vaccination record is in fact theirs) to attend a sporting event would go over like a fart in church.

just sayin' 

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

I totally get what you are saying - totally.  The only thing I question is this isn't the flu, [full disclosure I have NEVER had a flu shot in my 57 laps around the sun.]  Not gonna get one either.  I have friends who are pharmacists who think I am nuts.....eff them!  BUT this is a wee bit different.  Since I am waaaaaaaaay at the end of the line before I can even begin to have thoughts about getting the vaccine I am hoping that more people than not will get it and therefore I won't need it.  Time will tell and I agree I don't wanna be a lab rat either and who knows what the side effects of this will be?  I will say this tho, the speed which they did this doesn't bother me as I know they basically cut out all the red tape that would normally be involved......what doesn bother me is the long term effects of this virus are.  It ain't known yet.....THATS what worries me more than anthing.....

Yes it is different. I'm not saying it's just like the Type A or Type B flu like some, but I also don't see it as a shut down the world type of event it has been used as either. I use the typical precautions as everyone else. Stay sanitary, wear a mask if necessary, don't lick door knobs, don't be the close talker from Seinfeld, you know, all of the common sense stuff. I quit going to bars long ago so no worries for me there. I haven't been to the doctor for a sickness in like 4 years, and that was when the Flu went through our entire household. It knocked me and my youngest son down for 7-10 days and all you can do is ride it out. I've worked in close contact with multiple people who have had this thing already at my job and fortunately have not gotten sick. Everyone I know who has gotten it has fully recovered with no health issues outside of the initial few days of getting where they felt like crap. All they were told when they were sick? You just have to ride it out like like my family and I had to do with the Flu. Some of them who have gotten it were in their late 60's. Those are the chances we take. Something could happen any given moment we step out of our door. To me it's not justifiable of letting them pump anything into my body when I have no need of it already. 

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yes it is different. I'm not saying it's just like the Type A or Type B flu like some, but I also don't see it as a shut down the world type of event it has been used as either. I use the typical precautions as everyone else. Stay sanitary, wear a mask if necessary, don't lick door knobs, don't be the close talker from Seinfeld, you know, all of the common sense stuff. I quit going to bars long ago so no worries for me there. I haven't been to the doctor for a sickness in like 4 years, and that was when the Flu went through our entire household. It knocked me and my youngest son down for 7-10 days and all you can do is ride it out. I've worked in close contact with multiple people who have had this thing already at my job and fortunately have not gotten sick. Everyone I know who has gotten it has fully recovered with no health issues outside of the initial few days of getting where they felt like crap. All they were told when they were sick? You just have to ride it out like like my family and I had to do with the Flu. Some of them who have gotten it were in their late 60's. Those are the chances we take. Something could happen any given moment we step out of our door. To me it's not justifiable of letting them pump anything into my body when I have no need of it already. 

Like I said - totally relate.  I hope there are no long term ramifications to the peeps that do get hit with C19 and recover.  And like I said before - I really am hoping that so many people will be vaccinated before me that it will be a moot point for me to do it.  I will go BALLISTIC if it becomes a mandatory thing - THAT would sux the big one.....

• Like (+1) 1

I know of several folks who have died, well-intentioned, good folks. Some were also the type who would not get a vaccine. You do it not only for you, but for your fellow people, in this case, your fellow Bills fans.

If we all do it, this thing will be over much sooner. It is a kindness for all humankind.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Just stop.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, CuseBill said:

Can someone explain to me why they still have the train horn blaring at home games this year without any fans there?  Have the Bills done studies which show that it acts as a Pavlovian bell for the defensive players to respond in a certain way?  I don't get it.  I've also seen in some stadiums where the Jumbotron is displaying "NOISE" during defensive series and there is no one in the stadium.  And coaches with masks on who still cover their face with their playsheet so no one can read their lips.  It's hysterical!

Yes, I can explain. It’s because the train whistle is a sponsorship by Amtrak. They are obligated to sound the horn. 

15 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

Unless the vaccine uptake is good, there won't be attendance again next year.  I hate it, but, not sure the authorities can get it done.   I can hear it now.......people won't get vaccinated, and we can't open up until we get 75% covered.  Certain communities won't participate willingly....and etc etc.

The US population seems to be among the most susceptible to misinformation and has a high level of distrust (both justified in some respects and not in other) of the government and other official sources.

So I do feel some pessimism regarding if we can get to that 70% vaccine threshold. Me and my wife personally would get the vaccine in the Spring or early summer when it becomes available (we are nether old, extra vulnerable or essential workers) as by then we will have had months of people getting it and I think by then we would know what if any major risks are present.

I think there will at the very least be limited attendance at Bills games next year. Some teams have limited fans this year and by next season they can track the data to see if those games resulted in outbreaks. Given that the 2021 NFL season will be probably past the threshold of mass availability for the vaccine I do think it is possible for full attendance.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

Unless the vaccine uptake is good, there won't be attendance again next year.  I hate it, but, not sure the authorities can get it done.   I can hear it now.......people won't get vaccinated, and we can't open up until we get 75% covered.  Certain communities won't participate willingly....and etc etc.

The current state of things will be about the same through the summer next year.

I tend to agree we may very well not have fans next year, but that all remains to be seen.  We may also start the season with no fans but end up with fans, whereas this year that was never going to happen.

Got 2021 season tix, for the first time in a LONG time. (Granted, I spent the majority of my adult life away from WNY, and when I returned in 2012, neither my finances nor the team's prospects were looking good...until recently.)

So, here's to you, WNYers. Take care of each other so we can all get back to the things we love. 

1 hour ago, foreboding said:

I know of several folks who have died, well-intentioned, good folks. Some were also the type who would not get a vaccine. You do it not only for you, but for your fellow people, in this case, your fellow Bills fans.

If we all do it, this thing will be over much sooner. It is a kindness for all humankind.

Actually, as of right now, it is not yet known if the vaccine prevents the spread of the virus...it might just end up limiting symptoms to the individual that takes it, while still allowing covid to be spread to others...

Does anyone really believe that the government/medical providers are going to hand out “I’ve been vaccinated” cards, so that fans can attend a sporting event?  A card that can be easily duplicated, and sold on eBay or craigslist?

Delusional is the word that comes to mind. 

Edited by Back the Blue

2 hours ago, Back the Blue said:

Does anyone really believe that the government/medical providers are going to hand out “I’ve been vaccinated” cards, so that fans can attend a sporting event?  A card that can be easily duplicated, and sold on eBay or craigslist?

Delusional is the word that comes to mind. 

actually, from what I’ve seen, people ARE getting that card.  I’m friends with a couple healthcare workers on facebook who have posted pics of them getting the vaccine and then the card (complete with the CDC logo in the upper-right)

• Simon locked this topic