Bills will be a tough ticket next year

vanhalen26

9 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

Unless the vaccine uptake is good, there won't be attendance again next year.  I hate it, but, not sure the authorities can get it done.   I can hear it now.......people won't get vaccinated, and we can't open up until we get 75% covered.  Certain communities won't participate willingly....and etc etc.

If that is a stipulation they place on people to attend games then I guess I will never see a Bills game in person during my lifetime. I personally, or my children, will never be getting jabbed for the sake of supposed "freedom" to participate. Never gotten a flu shot in my life and won't be getting one of these either, by choice or otherwise. 

9 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I am in the 'Risk Pool', and I fully expect to attend a full slate of games, next season.

Get the friggin' Vaccine, when you have the opportunity!!!

I’m high risk too, but you can bet your bottom dollar there will be a noticeable percentage of knuckleheads that will invent some BS as to why they won’t get vaccinated. Luddites of all sorts are among us. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

12 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

Unless the vaccine uptake is good, there won't be attendance again next year.  I hate it, but, not sure the authorities can get it done.   I can hear it now.......people won't get vaccinated, and we can't open up until we get 75% covered.  Certain communities won't participate willingly....and etc etc.

Here comes the gloom and doom crap.  They will have fans next year, I am pretty confident.  This virus is going to run it's course within the next month or two and with the vaccines coming out I am hoping we get life back to normal.  Sports leagues, even the NFL are not sustainable without fans in the stands.  leagues can not go thru another year like they did this year.  MLB is trying to push back the season to may so they could guaranty fans in the stands.  Hockey & Baseball will go under if fans are not allowed in.  Even the NFL, they loss 3 billion dollars this year by not having fans.  If u=you think they could keep doing that year in and year out, your wrong.  I could see them not opening the parking lots to an hour or two before the game to curb tail gaiting but I am pretty confident the stadiums will be full next season.  

• Like (+1) 2

This can be overcome.  Make stadium admission dependent upon a ticket + proof of vaccination or antibodies.  With this in place, even the politicians can't say game attendance isn't safe.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

12 hours ago, RiotAct said:

but in all seriousness, assuming there ARE fans at Bills games next season (a pretty big assumption given the current... umm... :cough: stance of our county and state leaders), I can definitely see demand increasing.  Heck, early season games are always in demand anyway. 

I’m very lucky in that my uncle has seasons (a pair) and invites me to any games that my cousin doesn’t go to with him.  You bet your ass I’m going to take him up on as many of those as possible  No more taking stuff like this for granted.  

proof of vaccine card likely required on entrance or you can't get in. Simple. Will be millions of Bills fans all over who will get the vaccine. Plenty enough to fill a stadium. Some who otherwise would refuse it may get it just so they can go to sporting events, not to mention stores etc etc.......Want to get nearly 100% compliance on vaccine? Have Walmart require proof before entry. LOL.

2 hours ago, H2o said:

If that is a stipulation they place on people to attend games then I guess I will never see a Bills game in person during my lifetime. I personally, or my children, will never be getting jabbed for the sake of supposed "freedom" to participate. Never gotten a flu shot in my life and won't be getting one of these either, by choice or otherwise. 

It is always your choice. Stay home if you are afraid of a vaccine.

• Like (+1) 1

Risk schmisk. Attending a Bills game has always come with a risk of death, bodily injury, or a drunk guy falling on you from the upper deck. Get smart, y'all, it's all a conspiracy to keep the Bills out of the Super Bowl!

Just joshing—get a dang vaccine.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

This thread’s really starting to deliver the spice!

Yes, but will it make our eyes blue...

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, cba fan said:

It is always your choice. Stay home if you are afraid of a vaccine.

Stay home if you're afraid of the vaccine? I could say the same of "stay home if you're afraid of a virus". My choice is to live my life in the same manner I have been with not being afraid of the Flu so as not getting a Flu shot in my almost 44 years of existence. And how well has the Flu vaccine worked? They are rushing something out less than a full year after supposed inception of this virus and trying to force it onto the people as "necessary". Yeah, I'm not afraid to live life as it is now, because I have gone about it in the exact same manner as previously over the last 11 months, and I'm not a lab rat. No one will dictate to me as to what is required for my body when I am perfectly fine and without need for it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CuseBill said:

Can someone explain to me why they still have the train horn blaring at home games this year without any fans there?  Have the Bills done studies which show that it acts as a Pavlovian bell for the defensive players to respond in a certain way?  I don't get it.  I've also seen in some stadiums where the Jumbotron is displaying "NOISE" during defensive series and there is no one in the stadium.  And coaches with masks on who still cover their face with their playsheet so no one can read their lips.  It's hysterical!

Dude - SPOT on!  The covering of the facemask with the play sheet has be rolling on the floor everytime I see.  I am severely hearing impaired - I read lips A LOT and it just makes me cry with laughter to see the ole sheet over the face mask deal!!!!

The train horn is something I missed due to the hearing difficulty....that is sum funny sheet!  I love the Pavlovian reference - priceless!

Go BILLS!!!

13 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I LOVE attending a @Hammered a Lot tailgate and then a game, in December. Weather should NEVER deter anyone from going to a game. Just prepare in advance.

Bring a 4x4 vehicle, it's a little muddy sometimes!

starting to question if tailgating as we knew it will ever be a thing again.  Sad to think about...

24 minutes ago, H2o said:

Stay home if you're afraid of the vaccine? I could say the same of "stay home if you're afraid of a virus". My choice is to live my life in the same manner I have been with not being afraid of the Flu so as not getting a Flu shot in my almost 44 years of existence. And how well has the Flu vaccine worked? They are rushing something out less than a full year after supposed inception of this virus and trying to force it onto the people as "necessary". Yeah, I'm not afraid to live life as it is now, because I have gone about it in the exact same manner as previously over the last 11 months, and I'm not a lab rat. No one will dictate to me as to what is required for my body when I am perfectly fine and without need for it. 

I totally get what you are saying - totally.  The only thing I question is this isn't the flu, [full disclosure I have NEVER had a flu shot in my 57 laps around the sun.]  Not gonna get one either.  I have friends who are pharmacists who think I am nuts.....eff them!  BUT this is a wee bit different.  Since I am waaaaaaaaay at the end of the line before I can even begin to have thoughts about getting the vaccine I am hoping that more people than not will get it and therefore I won't need it.  Time will tell and I agree I don't wanna be a lab rat either and who knows what the side effects of this will be?  I will say this tho, the speed which they did this doesn't bother me as I know they basically cut out all the red tape that would normally be involved......what doesn bother me is the long term effects of this virus are.  It ain't known yet.....THATS what worries me more than anthing.....

• Like (+1) 1

It'll be 100% open. If people refuse to get vaccinated that's on them. They're not a risk for those who ARE vaccinated, but only to themselves.

Can't see the NFL not letting fans because a chunk of the population has philosophical differences with vaccines.