Beasley Mic'ed Up

DrDawkinstein

51 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Maybe it's just because I'm a chatterbox but I'm usually surprised by how little talking seems to happen after most plays.

Agreed, I always expect a lot more talking than what we get. I also assume a lot is edited out as not viable for public consumption. Micah Hyde's was surprisingly quiet too.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Maybe it's just because I'm a chatterbox but I'm usually surprised by how little talking seems to happen after most plays.

Especially when it seems like most on TV get up after a first down and shout or start talking trash.

Personally I'd like to see a RB hit a pile screaming like he's running head first into war like a viking or like a tennis player. I think that'd be hilarious and scare the hell out of everyone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, SomeDudeAtHome said:

Especially when it seems like most on TV get up after a first down and shout or start talking trash.

Personally I'd like to see a RB hit a pile screaming like he's running head first into war like a viking or like a tennis player. I think that'd be hilarious and scare the hell out of everyone.

Hopefully the next generation of owners will realize just how much money there will be in releasing full profanity-laced game audio.  Some of the content on Amazon's All or Nothing is already amazingly entertaining and that's mostly just the teams at practice.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I've always been like that too.  I played catcher growing up, and then played some first base later on and you just get into the habit of chatting.  

In football even playing corner I never really talked much though.  I always found i got called for less penalties by being less vocal.  Lots of guys like to get into the other guys head by talking, but i'd usually be more of the "nice catch, good play" kinda guy.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Hopefully the next generation of owners will realize just how much money there will be in releasing full profanity-laced game audio.  Some of the content on Amazon's All or Nothing is already amazingly entertaining and that's mostly just the teams at practice.

I LOVE those shows...I like them better than Hard Knocks actually.

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I've always been like that too.  I played catcher growing up, and then played some first base later on and you just get into the habit of chatting.  

In football even playing corner I never really talked much though.  I always found i got called for less penalties by being less vocal.  Lots of guys like to get into the other guys head by talking, but i'd usually be more of the "nice catch, good play" kinda guy.  

Pretty sure if Jalen Ramsey was mic'ed up we would be hearing a lot going on...

18 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I love having anything - but the Bill's mic'ed up segments are honestly among the most boring I ever see in that genre - it seems they edit them very aggressively to take out most real conversation.  Contrast it with the Rems' Bosa one from the Bills game - THAT was a mic'ed up w/ some real interesting talking :) 

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I LOVE those shows...I like them better than Hard Knocks actually.

Pretty sure if Jalen Ramsey was mic'ed up we would be hearing a lot going on...

Yeah - a lot of these guys treat it like basketball.  The first down signals, the incompletion signals, all the jawing after plays.  I liked the quick high five and line back up - communicate with teammates etc.  But they're pro's and I sell software so they're probably on to something...

Beasley would have fit in very well on our previous Super Bowl teams.

He seems like he is out there to win games and doesn't care about anything else.  Takes his craft seriously.  

You can't have too many guys like this on a team, in any sport.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Beasley would have fit in very well on our previous Super Bowl teams.

He seems like he is out there to win games and doesn't care about anything else.  Takes his craft seriously.  

You can't have too many guys like this on a team, in any sport.

I've wanted a guy like Beasley on this team since I watched him in Dallas. When we signed him I lost it. My wife thought something was wrong haha