Good WGR Topic/Question this morning.

billsbackto81

Listening as I'm driving home from work this morning and they posed an interestingly fun question.

Which player would you choose from the "drought" years to complete our current roster?

One picked Kyle Williams as his #1 pick and the other picked CJ Spiller. I didn't understand the Meatball pick because he did get to play in a playoff game his final season. CJ was interesting because of his breakaway speed and abilities in space.

Other popular answers were: Gilmore, Mario Williams, Fred Jackson, SJ13 and T. Spikes.

Me personally would loved to have BeastMode on this current team. Our inability to pick up 2-3 yards in 2nd and 3rd down situations is IMO killing our offense. Marshawn would make defenses respect the possibility of running it down their throats. 

Pat Williams, Antoine Winfield and Mario also crossed my mind. They agreed that an upgrade at TE would be ideal but unfortunately there is no one in our drought history worth considering.😂😂😂

What say you?

8 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Listening as I'm driving home from work this morning and they posed an interestingly fun question.

Which player would you choose from the "drought" years to complete our current roster?

One picked Kyle Williams as his #1 pick and the other picked CJ Spiller. I didn't understand the Meatball pick because he did get to play in a playoff game his final season. CJ was interesting because of his breakaway speed and abilities in space.

Other popular answers were: Gilmore, Mario Williams, Fred Jackson, SJ13 and T. Spikes.

Me personally would loved to have BeastMode on this current team. Our inability to pick up 2-3 yards in 2nd and 3rd down situations is IMO killing our offense. Marshawn would make defenses respect the possibility of running it down their throats. 

Pat Williams, Antoine Winfield and Mario also crossed my mind. They agreed that an upgrade at TE would be ideal but unfortunately there is no one in our drought history worth considering.😂😂😂

What say you?

Pat Williams be my top pick but he did play as a backup in 1998/1999 so not sure if he qualifies. 

Edited by The Jokeman

I'll take Gilmore.  Having 2 total shutdown corners in the same backfield would really free up the coaching staff to do some fun and creative stuff on defense.

I think he could add more raw impact to the team than any other single player, so I'll take him.

I would prefer to take a dynamic playmaking TE, which is what this team needs badly....but there weren't any of those during the drought years! 

• Like (+1) 2

Mario would be helpful.

Lynch would be interesting as well. He could be a big hammer to swing at teams come playoff time.

But Mario wouldn’t fit on this team IMO in terms of personality. So I’ll go with Lynch. 

Edited by Dkollidas

I’m going to go with Fred Jackson. He was a better back than Lynch, IMO, and would fit perfectly with the team culture instantly becoming a leader.

In terms of most impact though, it’d be hard to do better than going from Levi Wallace to Gilmore.

• Like (+1) 2

Fred Jackson. I'm not even sure he's an upgrade over the current guys talent wise, but he's a production machine and would fit right in with the current crew. There may be better players or bigger needs, but another guy who can will a team to victory is always welcome in my book. 

Pure talent/need then it's probably Ted Washington. 

From a need for more Williams, obviously Kyle..

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 1