Colin Cowherd Nick Wright Bet

Motorin'

3 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

Nick is a total clown.. and Brandon was dead-on!  He was reaching and it’s getting annoying now. 

My favorite was when he criticized Allen’s jump shot pass to Knox on the busted run.  I have seen Mahomes do that before.. and “it’s the most amazing play!”  Josh does it and it’s careless.  

I fully understand some of this is his shtick.. and I know the best way to combat Nick is to ignore him, but my honest question is this: He’s making a living ripping Josh apart. It’s totally pathetic. He can’t make it as a real analyst, so he has to make enemies to create clicks. At any point, does Nick feel bad, like maybe Josh Allen doesn’t deserve this from some no-namer trying to make a living?

That play was actually designed that way as an RPO...Josh the same play earlier in the year, IIRC, but it was just to a receiver running over the middle instead...

6 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I gotta say I like Brandon Marshall and Mike Vick a lot more after that.

Sure. I give them credit for not being complete idiots by agreeing with Wright.

They played the game. They know it is impossible to not make a handful of mistakes in a game. Every player does. Every defender takes a bad angle sometimes. Every receiver drops a pass. Every QB throws an INT. They understand that. They said it. That's football! The dweeb Nick Wright, with is shirt collar buttoned without a tie like a complete moron, has probably never played a sport in his life and so does not understand the razor thin margin between a great play and a great blunder.

Edited by MJS
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

That clip is clownish.  That guy is the heir to Bayless.

He's not the only one though.  Josh's only really bad play was that sack/fumble - but my goodness. It was ONE PLAY.   

Which QB played a perfect game this weekend?  I missed it if there was one.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Sure. I give them credit for not being complete idiots by agreeing with Wright.

They played the game. They know it is impossible to not make a handful of mistakes in a game. Every player does. Every defender takes a bad angle sometimes. Every receiver drops a pass. Every QB throws an INT. They understand that. They said it. That's football! The dweeb Nick Wright, with is shirt collar buttoned without a tie like a complete moron, has probably never played a sport in his life and so does not understand the razor thin margin between a great play and a great blunder.

No, he really does understand.  He knows Josh Allen is good.  He’s just using our fan base because we can make him famous.   As far as his knowledge of sports, he’s not an idiot.  He knows a lot about hoops. More than most.  

12 hours ago, H2o said:

Enjoy the clown meltdown. Nick Wright straight out the VW with 13 others.

This is the first time I actually watched a Nick Wright video. Had to see what all the fuss is about. I couldn't make it 2 minutes. I have no clue how anyone listens to that shrill voice with the exaggerated facial expressions and doesn't instantly change the channel. This is the guy that is trolling Bills fans? If we're looking for a media antagonist we can do better.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Let me be clear though that fumble by Allen is something we haven't seen in a while and it can't happen vs the Ravens.

But then there are those plays where he does fight off the defender and escapes the pocket and makes a ridiculous throw for a 1st down. He did that 4 or 5 times in this game alone. It's just this time there happened to be another defender right next to him. So I struggle to say "Allen should know better."

I guess the counterargument is in THAT situation he needs to eat the sack no matter what, like he did a couple plays earlier, because the risk at that point isn't worth it. But it's a tough balance. On one hand I'd love if Allen always made the 100% correct decision, on the other hand I have to be realistic and accept that his play style will occasionally cause things like that to happen and I wouldn't give it up in exchange for the positive plays.

I more blame Daboll for going spread offense with no extra protection built in. Past midfield with the clock running and an offensive line that's struggled all game, that's a stupid call.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, McMuffin said:

Josh Allen is to Nick Wright as Lebron is to Skip Bayless.

Oh, great!  Now I’m going to have SAT nightmares!

I need to stay away from this place before bed!

At least there was no math......

:)

• Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

Some fan will light him up with some ketchup and mustard down the line- don’t worry about it lol

Nope. That twerp lives in a studio he made for himself in his Mom's basement. He's holed up in there, running an encrypted, direct connection with no WiFi. Nobody's going to find him. 

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No one has posted this yet.

Keeps doubling down over & over.....  5:00 minutes in....

Did you think he would all of a sudden have a change of heart?  Of course he’s doubling down. That’s his MO.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL

That one guy mentions the first game against the Pats as an example that we can't stop a mobile QB....no mention of the second game.

That was a Patriot Homer if you didn't know.

Yes conveniently forgot the second game which if I was a New England fan so would I.