Colin Cowherd Nick Wright Bet

Motorin'

10 hours ago, Billl said:

Nick Wright is honestly one of the best sports personalities in the business.  His schtik is entirely tongue in cheek, but he commits to it for eternity.  

Nick Wright suffers from Rosenitis. He possesses a most punchable face that belongs on radio. 

Don't get me wrong. He sucks on the radio, but at least you can't see him.

He sucks.

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

And that right there is the problem with journalism and analysts now. Gotta say the one thing that gets you clicks-you dont necessarily have to defend yourself, find the stats and plays that fit your narrative and stick to it. In this particular case, no mention of the elements and wind, no mention of him completing around 65% of his passes, just talks about the 200 yards passing and the fumble. 

Vick was terrible with his takes as well. He mentions Lamar’s receivers weren’t visible and he needs more help. They have used 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks on people to help him out-no one mentioned that. It’s all very lazy analysis on their parts to make sure they emphasize only what they want

People like this Nick Wright guy, Stephen A Smith, Skip Bayless have all shown you don’t get big gigs by being objective-it does make watching these things for more than a couple of minutes very hard to do 

On the play before the pick 6 Jackson had two WR's wide open and he missed them. Was he under pressure - yes.  But there's several top flight QB's in the NFL including Allen who likely would have had a TD pass there in spite of the pressure.

Of all the shows I listened to only one so called national "expert" had the obvious response to all the Ravens need to upgrade their WR's talk: what top flight WR would want to come to the Ravens with that offense?

#15 for the Ravens is a stud.  With the right QB this guy would catch 100 passes for 1200 yards.  Allen could only dream of a pass catching TE as good as Andrews. And could you imagine how lethal Allen's play action passes would be with the two Baltimore RB's alternating in the Bills backfield?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, stevewin said:

The Bills just gave him a gift of more of the attention he seeks

Agreed. I don't think anyone was rooting harder for the Bills on Saturday than Nick Wright.  Now he gets a ton of attention for losing a bet.  Give the guy credit for self promotion.

So stop paying attention to guys like Nick Wright and understand they are actors, not analysts. ESPN knows it’s views and click bait by him playing up his anti Allen/Bills schtick. Once people understand this maybe they’ll tune out espn who at one point provided true objective analysis and not “hot take” garbage that reeks of insincerity. People need to really smarten up on the content they absorb and thus waste time getting upset with. 

23 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

So stop paying attention to guys like Nick Wright and understand they are actors, not analysts. ESPN knows it’s views and click bait by him playing up his anti Allen/Bills schtick. Once people understand this maybe they’ll tune out espn who at one point provided true objective analysis and not “hot take” garbage that reeks of insincerity. People need to really smarten up on the content they absorb and thus waste time getting upset with. 

I havent seen anyone on ESPN ever analyze a game where i actually thought....wow...i didnt notice.

You can literally just watch an all 22 replay of the game and get more info than those "analysts" ever could.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, stevewin said:

The Bills just gave him a gift of more of the attention he seeks

Attention is his job. I guess this is what sports talk has become though. Making outlandish statements is the norm. Baker Mayfield loses and Skip Bayless's first thought is I'll still take Mayfield over Josh Allen. I mean no one else in the world is probably thinking about that when the game ended except Skip. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Attention is his job. I guess this is what sports talk has become though. Making outlandish statements is the norm. Baker Mayfield loses and Skip Bayless's first thought is I'll still take Mayfield over Josh Allen. I mean no one else in the world is probably thinking about that when the game ended except Skip. 

And this is why I stopped watching these shows a long time ago.  Most of them don't even believe the crap that comes out of their own mouths anymore, they're all just looking for viewers and clicks.

Edited by Amaru523

Considering the bills themselves replied where are the people to tell them like on this forum when a post is made regarding it:

"You're all so soft/emotional/giving people attention/fragile/ etc."

Clearly the team saw it too and was bothered by it.

In fact why don't some of our posters go tell them they are watching garbage tv and that "says a lot about them"

I'll be waiting with popcorn.

You know who you are people:

Edited by Sharky7337
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Of all the shows I listened to only one so called national "expert" had the obvious response to all the Ravens need to upgrade their WR's talk: what top flight WR would want to come to the Ravens with that offense?

Wasn't there a really good receiver on the Ravens who had success with Flacco, but then Lamar couldn't get him the ball so he left for another team with a young QB with a bigger arm?  I thought I heard he had great success as the team's #1, and even though he has been the #2 this year and been banged up, he is still getting the ball more when in there?  Who WAS that receiver and where did he go.  Hmmmmm....let me think.  I do realize that Lamar was a rookie then, and I am a bigger Lamar fan than many....but I think that narratives have power and it would keep top receivers from coming there.

• Thank you (+1) 1