Colin Cowherd Nick Wright Bet

Motorin'

On 1/14/2021 at 6:26 PM, CSBill said:

I do not think for one second that McDermott is a racist or prejudice in his treatment of players, or any people. BUT, the Peterman experiment in LA that day was by far—nothing else even close—the dumbest coaching decision he has made in his 4 year stint with the Bills. 

We still don’t know why. It made no sense then, and still doesn’t now. And unfortunately, while I don’t believe it, it gives fodder for this type of perspective if one wants to take it.

Fortunately for him, that decision has not come to define his time with the Bills. His belief in Josh Allen has proven to be much better placed than Nate Peterman. 

GO BILLS!!! 

What do you mean we don’t know why?  Tyrod had been terrible for 3 straight games and he was looking for a spark.  Was the offensive doldrums caused by Tyrod or the team?

It made perfect sense to bench Tyrod and made perfect sense to go back to him when Peterman blew.

Tyrod was a back-up in Baltimore - not because of his color, but his play.  He was a starter in Buffalo not because of his color, but he was the best of a terrible QB room.  He got benched not because of color, but because of poor play.

The Bills moved on and traded him to Cleveland not because of Color, but his play.

Cleveland benched him in game 1 and never game him another chance due to his play.

Anthony Lynn in SD left him as a back-up and finally started him after Rivers left, but he was again a poor starting QB.  Injuries allowed them to bench him and never look back.

Color is not Tyrod’s issue - it is his play and always has been.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

What do you mean we don’t know why?  Tyrod had been terrible for 3 straight games and he was looking for a spark.  Was the offensive doldrums caused by Tyrod or the team?

It made perfect sense to bench Tyrod and made perfect sense to go back to him when Peterman blew.

Tyrod was a back-up in Baltimore - not because of his color, but his play.  He was a starter in Buffalo not because of his color, but he was the best of a terrible QB room.  He got benched not because of color, but because of poor play.

The Bills moved on and traded him to Cleveland not because of Color, but his play.

Cleveland benched him in game 1 and never game him another chance due to his play.

Anthony Lynn in SD left him as a back-up and finally started him after Rivers left, but he was again a poor starting QB.  Injuries allowed them to bench him and never look back.

Color is not Tyrod’s issue - it is his play and always has been.

Yeah. I think fans delude themselves a little bit. The decision to bench Tyrod was widely accepted. There were some who questioned it for sure, but there were tons of people who agreed with it and tons, including local and national media people, who predicted that Peterman would perform better.

Tyrod threw for less than 100 yards in multiple games that year. And his rushing ability was pedestrian. He was doing literally nothing to help the offense. People view the move with the benefit of hindsight, as if they should have somehow known that Peterman, the practice champion, would throw three interceptions.

The one to blame is Peterman. He had opportunities and squandered them every time. Much like Tyrod has had multiple opportunities across multiple franchises and squandered them all.

• Agree 2

52 minutes ago, Billl said:

Nick Wright is honestly one of the best sports personalities in the business.  His schtik is entirely tongue in cheek, but he commits to it for eternity.  

Yes it is a shtick and he sticks to it for attention, period.  Saying it is tongue in cheek implies he knows better, maybe by now reality has set in and he realizes it but he initial josh Allen and Bills bashing wasnt tongue in cheek, it was simply flat out wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yeah. I think fans delude themselves a little bit. The decision to bench Tyrod was widely accepted. There were some who questioned it for sure, but there were tons of people who agreed with it and tons, including local and national media people, who predicted that Peterman would perform better.

Tyrod threw for less than 100 yards in multiple games that year. And his rushing ability was pedestrian. He was doing literally nothing to help the offense. People view the move with the benefit of hindsight, as if they should have somehow known that Peterman, the practice champion, would throw three interceptions.

The one to blame is Peterman. He had opportunities and squandered them every time. Much like Tyrod has had multiple opportunities across multiple franchises and squandered them all.

I'll say it right now -- I was disgusted with how Tyrod had been playing, and I flew up to Buffalo and sat in the stands for that horrid New Orleans game the week before Taylor was benched.  McD was mad, and rightfully so.

To his credit, McD corrected the mistake immediately and made sure he didn't lose the locker room -- and the Bills went on to finish strong and reach the playoffs.

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Nick Wright won't be able to deflect that Pinto Ron treatment like he does the Bills' performances :lol:

I hate when people spin everything to support their point. He says the 2 missed FGs by Tucker make it a 10-9 game and changes everything, but he fails to acknowledge the 2 missed FGs by Bass. 

I don't like this guy. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yes it is a shtick and he sticks to it for attention, period.  Saying it is tongue in cheek implies he knows better, maybe by now reality has set in and he realizes it but he initial josh Allen and Bills bashing wasnt tongue in cheek, it was simply flat out wrong.

Well yeah.  He was absolutely wrong.  His schtick is that he leans into his incorrect opinions even after he’s been shown to be totally wrong.  He’s basically taking the piss out of himself by wearing his missed predictions.  Five years ago, he declared Tom Brady washed up.  He’s a regular on a radio show in Kansas City that isn’t sports related, but he talks sports and other things.  They’ve been on his ass for years about his Brady takes and he still swears that he was right then and that he’s still right.  Of course he knows he was wrong.  He just digs in because it’s funny.

I understand that he’s an acquired taste.  I hated his show when he got his start as a local sports guy back in the day, but he really grew on me.  He’s the guy who is a HUGE egomaniac but is also self aware enough to know that he’s full of ***** and can make himself the butt of jokes when his bad takes get shoved back in his face.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I hate when people spin everything to support their point. He says the 2 missed FGs by Tucker make it a 10-9 game and changes everything, but he fails to acknowledge the 2 missed FGs by Bass. 

I don't like this guy. 

Well yeah.  You’re basically saying “Baltimore played poorly, but so did Buffalo”.  That’s literally his point.  

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Hate to say it, but I agree with his analysis of Lamar.

I actually agree with some if what he says about Josh too.  Mind you he only takes the negatives which is his shtick against allen but the things he says about allen are true.   It was only 10 points.  He did fumble again.  Not like he's making things up.  It gets fans worked up and that's why he only talks about that and not the big plays allen makes. 

54 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I actually agree with some if what he says about Josh too.  Mind you he only takes the negatives which is his shtick against allen but the things he says about allen are true.   It was only 10 points.  He did fumble again.  Not like he's making things up.  It gets fans worked up and that's why he only talks about that and not the big plays allen makes. 

And that right there is the problem with journalism and analysts now. Gotta say the one thing that gets you clicks-you dont necessarily have to defend yourself, find the stats and plays that fit your narrative and stick to it. In this particular case, no mention of the elements and wind, no mention of him completing around 65% of his passes, just talks about the 200 yards passing and the fumble. 

Vick was terrible with his takes as well. He mentions Lamar’s receivers weren’t visible and he needs more help. They have used 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks on people to help him out-no one mentioned that. It’s all very lazy analysis on their parts to make sure they emphasize only what they want

People like this Nick Wright guy, Stephen A Smith, Skip Bayless have all shown you don’t get big gigs by being objective-it does make watching these things for more than a couple of minutes very hard to do 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

And that right there is the problem with journalism and analysts now. Gotta say the one thing that gets you clicks-you dont necessarily have to defend yourself, find the stats and plays that fit your narrative and stick to it. In this particular case, no mention of the elements and wind, no mention of him completing around 65% of his passes, just talks about the 200 yards passing and the fumble. 

Vick was terrible with his takes as well. He mentions Lamar’s receivers weren’t visible and he needs more help. They have used 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks on people to help him out-no one mentioned that. It’s all very lazy analysis on their parts to make sure they emphasize only what they want

People like this Nick Wright guy, Stephen A Smith, Skip Bayless have all shown you don’t get big gigs by being objective-it does make watching these things for more than a couple of minutes very hard to do 

The one issue I had was that Josh did try and throw long, which you just couldn't in that wind.  

The second pass of the game told you that, as Allen could have run but threw it long and no chance for a reception.  

As for Wright, it get's old, but at least he was tough on Lamar after the game, and was (w)right....

1 hour ago, Billl said:

Well yeah.  He was absolutely wrong.  His schtick is that he leans into his incorrect opinions even after he’s been shown to be totally wrong.  He’s basically taking the piss out of himself by wearing his missed predictions.  Five years ago, he declared Tom Brady washed up.  He’s a regular on a radio show in Kansas City that isn’t sports related, but he talks sports and other things.  They’ve been on his ass for years about his Brady takes and he still swears that he was right then and that he’s still right.  Of course he knows he was wrong.  He just digs in because it’s funny.

I understand that he’s an acquired taste.  I hated his show when he got his start as a local sports guy back in the day, but he really grew on me.  He’s the guy who is a HUGE egomaniac but is also self aware enough to know that he’s full of ***** and can make himself the butt of jokes when his bad takes get shoved back in his face.

Well yeah.  You’re basically saying “Baltimore played poorly, but so did Buffalo”.  That’s literally his point.  

Nah. He acts exactly like how a fan of a recently successful team who can’t control himself would. It’s a KC phenomenon.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Billl said:

Nick Wright is honestly one of the best sports personalities in the business.  His schtik is entirely tongue in cheek, but he commits to it for eternity.  

How insanely low is the bar if Nick Wright is one of the best?  Nothing he does is enjoyable or entertaining.  His schtick is lazy and disingenuous. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

How insanely low is the bar if Nick Wright is one of the best?  Nothing he does is enjoyable or entertaining.  His schtick is lazy and disingenuous. 

In the words of the great Jalen Ramsey “he trash”

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Billl said:

They both weren't affected equally by the wind, and the wind had nothing to do with Lamar's pick-six.