Colin Cowherd Nick Wright Bet

Motorin'

2 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I think the bet is still on, for his side of the bet.

If the Bills win, weather will be the excuse Bucky uses.

Help me on this bet.

Was the bet if the Bills lose first playoff then Cowherd gets the ketchup/mustard.  For Nick Wright to lose the Bills have to win two playoff games, is that correct.

So right now if I cam right as above, Cowherd cant lose but Wright could still lose if Bills win vs Ravens.  If the Ravens win then the bet is a wash.

C

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Help me on this bet.

Was the bet if the Bills lose first playoff then Cowherd gets the ketchup/mustard.  For Nick Wright to lose the Bills have to win two playoff games, is that correct.

So right now if I cam right as above, Cowherd cant lose but Wright could still lose if Bills win vs Ravens.  If the Ravens win then the bet is a wash.

C

Correct.

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Help me on this bet.

C

This was the original bet, yes.  But before the Colt game, Wright gave Cowherd the out for Colin's birthday which I think was that day.  So in essence, there was no risk to Colin.  Wright still is committed to the condiment bath if the Bills win on Saturday.  But as I've said before, I don't think the Bills should in any way do anything to acknowledge Wright and this bet.  Wright can do it on his own time, in his own studio and in any way he chooses. 

Edited by Pokebball

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Correct.

Cowherd was a fool to accept the bet, (assuming it all just wasnt for obvious hype).  For Cowherd to win, the  Bills have to win 2 games, straight up odds of that are 25%............ whereas that blowhard Wright only has the Bills lose one game, or 50%.

Just now, Pokebball said:

This was the original bet, yes.  But before the Colt game, Wright gave Cowherd the out for Colin's birthday which I think was that day.  So in essence, their was no risk to Colin.  Wright still is committed to the condiment bath if the Bills win on Saturday.  But as I've said before, I don't think the Bills should in any way do anything to acknowledge Wright and this bet.  Wright can do it on his own time, in his own studio and in any way he chooses. 

I agree 100%.  I also hope J Allen never addresses this arseclown, he gets way too much attention from the Bills mafia for his contrived hate of J Allen..  I would hope Allen listens to that last Cole Beasely interview which was fantastic.  Beasley said the best thing he did was stop monitoring the social media.

10 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Cowherd was a fool to accept the bet, (assuming it all just wasnt for obvious hype).  For Cowherd to win, the  Bills have to win 2 games, straight up odds of that are 25%............ whereas that blowhard Wright only has the Bills lose one game, or 50%.

Not really, because as long as the Bills won at least one game, nothing bad would happen to Cowherd. So it was a 50/50 chance he had on wether or not he would have to get sprayed with condiments. I'm not sure he cares if the Bills lose this week and it's a wash.

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Not really, because as long as the Bills won at least one game, nothing bad would happen to Cowherd. So it was a 50/50 chance he had on wether or not he would have to get sprayed with condiments. I'm not sure he cares if the Bills lose this week and it's a wash.

Again assuming this wasnt all a PR stunt, I dont know about you but I dont enter bets if I have a 50% chance of losing but only a 25% chance of winning.

28 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Help me on this bet.

C

That's right, and he's hoping the Bills win so he gets the publicity from getting doused with ketchup/mustard in hopes that he'll get a raise. 

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Again assuming this wasnt all a PR stunt, I dont know about you but I dont enter bets if I have a 50% chance of losing but only a 25% chance of winning.

He wins either way, cause it's all about the publicity.

10 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

It's not a bet for money, though.

Just now, MJS said:

I understand it isnt about money, it is supposedly about honor if you win or humiliation if you lose.

If they really dont care at all about the consequences then there was no purpose to the bet, beyond the publicity of us babbling about it....what now 17 pages long thread..

11 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

That's right, and he's hoping the Bills win so he gets the publicity from getting doused with ketchup/mustard in hopes that he'll get a raise. 

He wins either way, cause it's all about the publicity.

Understand the concept, that is why i wrote "assuming it all wasnt a PR stunt".

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I do not think for one second that McDermott is a racist or prejudice in his treatment of players, or any people. BUT, the Peterman experiment in LA that day was by far—nothing else even close—the dumbest coaching decision he has made in his 4 year stint with the Bills. 

We still don’t know why. It made no sense then, and still doesn’t now. And unfortunately, while I don’t believe it, it gives fodder for this type of perspective if one wants to take it.

Fortunately for him, that decision has not come to define his time with the Bills. His belief in Josh Allen has proven to be much better placed than Nate Peterman. 

GO BILLS!!! 

57 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I do not think for one second that McDermott is a racist or prejudice in his treatment of players, or any people. BUT, the Peterman experiment in LA that day was by far—nothing else even close—the dumbest coaching decision he has made in his 4 year stint with the Bills. 

We still don’t know why. It made no sense then, and still doesn’t now. And unfortunately, while I don’t believe it, it gives fodder for this type of perspective if one wants to take it.

Fortunately for him, that decision has not come to define his time with the Bills. His belief in Josh Allen has proven to be much better placed than Nate Peterman. 

GO BILLS!!! 

McDermott took a chance because we could not move the ball in the air with Tyrod.  Inside the pocket, he was one of the worst.  We weren’t scoring points and were a one dimensional offense.  The Ravens are one dimensional too but Lamar is on another level running than Tyrod.

His decision ended up back firing because Peterman was a disaster.  

We weren’t going anywhere with Tyrod so it does make sense to me.  

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, CSBill said:

GO BILLS!!! 

Tyrod wasn't even on the team anymore at that time. Right? I'm pretty sure he was traded in that off-season before. It made sense to tank. Allen wasn't going to be mentored by Tyrod. Two completely different players. And maybe McD didn't want him to learn from tyrod with how cautious with the ball he was. Unfair to indict McD in any way on this one imo.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Tyrod wasn't even on the team anymore at that time. Right? I'm pretty sure he was traded in that off-season before. It made sense to tank. Allen wasn't going to be mentored by Tyrod. Two completely different players. And maybe McD didn't want him to learn from tyrod with how cautious with the ball he was. Unfair to indict McD in any way on this one imo.

Yeah, TT was traded prior to the 2018 draft.  But it doesn't matter in the eyes of some since he replaced TT and thus gets the ire.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MJS said:

In fact, it’s not a bet at all! It’s a PLAY. He can’t lose! Nick Wright has gotten more publicity from this than almost anything he could have done that excluded farm animals.

It’s a game, and everyone is playing along with him and falling for it. Cowherd is his buddy (and mentor) and is playing along. 

The only bad publicity is NO publicity. He’s winning, and I’m just laughing at the whole scene. How many more people have now heard of Nick Wright?

It doesn’t bother me in the least. Chill, folks, it’s a game and he’s winning if you get worked up one way or the other. I find it amusing, personally. Take it in context and maybe you will too. It’s just  theater. 

• Agree 1