Colin Cowherd Nick Wright Bet

Motorin'

4 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

My money is obviously on Cowherd winning the bet

This is pretty hilarious.  I'm also impressed Cowherd took the bet.

As much as I think he's a tool a lot of the time, he's very entertaining to listen to.  And when he gets an idea, he's never lukewarm on that idea.  He's almost always just all-in.

Over the last 2 weeks you've seen him go from basically avoiding talking about Josh Allen when talking about how the Bills are a good team to talking about how he might be the 2nd best young QB in the NFL to Mahomes.  It's kind of amazing.

I'm terrified of the playoffs because I'm a Bills fan, but I do think it was a pretty good bet to make.  I really, REALLY hope we pull the Colts in the first round.  Dome team with a grandfather QB with nearly a dead arm who played most of his career in sunny San Diego coming to Buffalo for a January game?  Good grief... I'll almost be even more worried about that game as a trap game.

And then we could potentially get another home game?!?!  Awesome!!!

They should get Pinto Ron to do the honors and I hope to see Nick Wright's ugly mug full of ketchup and mustard

• Like (+1) 1

No question that the guy is just doing it for pub. I don't think he even believes his own bs...especially after some of Josh's hardest critics have finally come around.

But the thing that does get me a little (so I guess he's doing his job), is that he keeps saying that Josh was great the first month of the season, then sucked for two months, then was good in SF, and good for a half against Pitt. I keep wishing that one of the other hosts would respond saying it was two bad games, not two months, and point out that Josh also had a shoulder injury. Why other QBs get a pass for an injury, but Josh doesn't, I guess, is just par for the course. Josh has to do more than any other QB that I have ever seen to prove himself.

And just to run down these "two horrible months," they would have to include (along with the bad Tenn and KC games) the following match-ups:

Win vs. Raiders: 24 of 34; 70% comp., 288 pass yds, 3 TDs, 0 INTs

Win vs. Jets: 30 of 43; 69.77% comp., 307 pass yds, 0 TDs, 0 INTs

Win vs. Pats: 11 of 18; 61.11% comp., 154 pass yds, 1 TD, 1 INT

Win vs. Seahawks: 31 of 38; 81.58% comp., 415 pass yds, 4 TDs, 0 INTs

Loss vs. Cards: 32 of 49; 65.31% comp., 284 pass yds, 2 TDs, 2 INTs

Win vs. Chargers: 18 of 24; 75% comp., 284 pass yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT

So, over this horrible two months (also including the Tenn and KC games in stats below), Josh's team went 5-3 (one Hail Mary away from 6-2) and his average per game stats over that period were:

23 of 34 for 248.75 passing yards, Comp. % 67.88, 28.4 rushing yards, 2.13 TDs, .88 INTs

or to round it out a bit, say: 68% completions, for 277 yards (all-purpose), 2 TDs and 1 INT. Not phenomenal stats, but far from horrible, error-prone, below 60% completion Josh, like this guy is proposing. Plus if you took any QB in the league and said, well, if you eliminate their six best games, their stats aren't very good, so they must suck. Plus he never gives context to those games, like Josh's shoulder injury or that Daboll decided to run the ball the entire Patriots game, etc.

Anyhow, though this bet with Cowherd is just another self-promotion stunt to raise his own profile (cause we all know that no fan base will come after you like BillsMafia), it also puts more spotlight on the team, on Pinto Ron and the mythic Bills tailgating, etc., so I'm ok with it. Plus the Bills are going to make this shameless self promoter earn his attention by being doused with mustard and ketchup...so it's all good.

9 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

My money is obviously on Cowherd winning the bet

Honestly, this is the first Nick Wright anything I've watched (besides other people's tweets of him being trolled on his Wiki, which I could have watched for 8 hours straight; they are money...), and the dude is trying so hard. I can't recall who said it, but someone on here (Bless them; they're correct) likened Wright to "Thirsty" girls on Instagram...

Dude is straight up thirsting, but hey... at least he's trying. I think he knows that he's in on the joke on/of himself, and is playing the idiot because, hey... it gets clicks. Scummy, carpetbagging way of living, but it is what it is.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JohnNord said:

It’s getting to the point where Wright is making this a comedy bit.  He’s agreed to do a Pinto Ron challenge with Colin Cowherd.  Obviously this was orchestrated by FOX, but it’s something fun at least 

https://twitter.com/theherd/status/1339271481981870084?s=21

Bomani Jones is the dude who fans should direct their hate at

Yeah, I mean they had the video ready, Nick even said he hopes they could show it for this "bit".  So yeah was all pre planned ahead of time and agreed to before going on air.  

But Nick Wright is a joke.  He is basically just a clown trying to emulate Skip Bayless kind of loud shock statements to get a career.

The opinions of these guys mean absolutely nothing. It's all for show. They flip flop their views all the time and can't even keep track of it. I guarantee you could go back and find footage from each where Cowherd is shitting on Josh Allen and the Bills while this other turd loves on the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, folz said:

No question that the guy is just doing it for pub. I don't think he even believes his own bs...especially after some of Josh's hardest critics have finally come around.

But the thing that does get me a little (so I guess he's doing his job), is that he keeps saying that Josh was great the first month of the season, then sucked for two months, then was good in SF, and good for a half against Pitt. I keep wishing that one of the other hosts would respond saying it was two bad games, not two months, and point out that Josh also had a shoulder injury. Why other QBs get a pass for an injury, but Josh doesn't, I guess, is just par for the course. Josh has to do more than any other QB that I have ever seen to prove himself.

And just to run down these "two horrible months," they would have to include (along with the bad Tenn and KC games) the following match-ups:

Win vs. Raiders: 24 of 34; 70% comp., 288 pass yds, 3 TDs, 0 INTs

Win vs. Jets: 30 of 43; 69.77% comp., 307 pass yds, 0 TDs, 0 INTs

Win vs. Pats: 11 of 18; 61.11% comp., 154 pass yds, 1 TD, 1 INT

Win vs. Seahawks: 31 of 38; 81.58% comp., 415 pass yds, 4 TDs, 0 INTs

Loss vs. Cards: 32 of 49; 65.31% comp., 284 pass yds, 2 TDs, 2 INTs

Win vs. Chargers: 18 of 24; 75% comp., 284 pass yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT

So, over this horrible two months (also including the Tenn and KC games in stats below), Josh's team went 5-3 (one Hail Mary away from 6-2) and his average per game stats over that period were:

23 of 34 for 248.75 passing yards, Comp. % 67.88, 28.4 rushing yards, 2.13 TDs, .88 INTs

or to round it out a bit, say: 68% completions, for 277 yards (all-purpose), 2 TDs and 1 INT. Not phenomenal stats, but far from horrible, error-prone, below 60% completion Josh, like this guy is proposing. Plus if you took any QB in the league and said, well, if you eliminate their six best games, their stats aren't very good, so they must suck. Plus he never gives context to those games, like Josh's shoulder injury or that Daboll decided to run the ball the entire Patriots game, etc.

Anyhow, though this bet with Cowherd is just another self-promotion stunt to raise his own profile (cause we all know that no fan base will come after you like BillsMafia), it also puts more spotlight on the team, on Pinto Ron and the mythic Bills tailgating, etc., so I'm ok with it. Plus the Bills are going to make this shameless self promoter earn his attention by being doused with mustard and ketchup...so it's all good.

I don’t think you understand how this works-for some of these blowhards when they same someone is playing bad you are only allowed to count the bad games and take other ones (like the New England game) completely out of context. I’m pretty sure this Nick Wright guy believes Josh has had 3 really bad games and then like 10 lucky ones 

I'm not vitriolic about this at all, and I don't really get the apoplexy from some fans because some no-name commentator is trying to make a name on Josh.

But my first thought is that Nick should definitely be scared if he loses this bet. He seems like the type that would still talk sheet at the ketch\must event and a sea of buzzed bills fans aren't exactly the group to taunt, and hammers can be a bit "lord of the flies-ish"

But I guess you really can't make that nose any worse🤣

Fun segment though and I hope (for the Bills sake) that Nick is getting covered at the Conf champ game!

I like Colin's sudden love for the Bills and Allen, but these superlatives are knee jerk reactions to the Bills beating up on  NFL powerhouses, Pittsburgh, Seattle and SF. The only problem is these teams are either overrated or decimated by injuries. I am a 45 year Bills diehard, so my objectivity is suspect, but I want to see the Bills win playoff games before anointing them with superlatives. Having said that, these Bills are different in several ways. The physicality they play with, which Tomlin marveled at, is stark. The talent level is up there at skill positions with the top teams. Finally, the defense, now with Milano , is playing the run better and getting turnovers. I'm cautiously optimistic, but when we dominate in the playoffs there will be opportunities to bang our chest. Nick Wright is using our history of being a fake team the last 25 years to throw cold water on the great year Josh and the boys are putting together. Let's let this season play out. When we beat one of the AFC big boys in January , things will start getting very real. 

15 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This is pretty hilarious.  I'm also impressed Cowherd took the bet.

As much as I think he's a tool a lot of the time, he's very entertaining to listen to.  And when he gets an idea, he's never lukewarm on that idea.  He's almost always just all-in.

Over the last 2 weeks you've seen him go from basically avoiding talking about Josh Allen when talking about how the Bills are a good team to talking about how he might be the 2nd best young QB in the NFL to Mahomes.  It's kind of amazing.

I'm terrified of the playoffs because I'm a Bills fan, but I do think it was a pretty good bet to make.  I really, REALLY hope we pull the Colts in the first round.  Dome team with a grandfather QB with nearly a dead arm who played most of his career in sunny San Diego coming to Buffalo for a January game?  Good grief... I'll almost be even more worried about that game as a trap game.

And then we could potentially get another home game?!?!  Awesome!!!

They should get Pinto Ron to do the honors and I hope to see Nick Wright's ugly mug full of ketchup and mustard

It would be pretty interesting if we rested starters against Miami and lost to them in week 17 then got them first round of the playoffs...that probably gives us the best chance of winning that first playoff game.  I dont think we'll rest starters though since the 2 seed will be in play