ESPN Moron: "I root against Josh Allen because his fans are Patriotic Americans"

Big Blitz

This should be on TSW.  Maybe someone mentioned it in a thread idk.  

There is absolutely a disease running rampant in this country and it isn't Covid:

ESPN’s Foxworth: I Root Against Josh Allen Because His Fans Are Patriotic Americans Who Like Dogs: ‘Really Concerning’

ESPN commentator and former NFL player Domonique Foxworth said this week that he roots against the Buffalo Bills’ Josh Allen because the quarterback’s fans have “American flags” and “dogs” on their social media.

“I am fully aware that I have biases,” Foxworth said Tuesday on ESPN podcast “The Right Time with Bomani Jones.”

“And my biases are not based on Josh Allen. It’s based on the people that are defending Josh Allen,” he said. “I would be 100% lying if I said that when Josh does something dumb, a little part of me doesn’t get happy. And it’s not because I don’t want Josh to succeed.”

“It’s because the people who are telling me that Josh is the second coming and Josh is better than everybody are people with American flags and dogs and skulls and crossbones,” continued Foxworth. “…

And then if you go just take a dip into their tweet history, it’s some really concerning retweets and likes.”

“It’s not about Josh,” he emphasized. ”

… Generally, I’m pro-player and I’m looking for ways to understand a player’s position and defend a player. But in Josh’s case, it’s not about him. He is the ground on which we are fighting.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/espns-foxworth-i-root-against-josh-allen-because-his-fans-are-patriotic-americans-who-like-dogs-really-concerning

59 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

There is absolutely a disease running rampant in this country and it isn't Covid:

ESPN’s Foxworth: I Root Against Josh Allen Because His Fans Are Patriotic Americans Who Like Dogs: ‘Really Concerning’

ESPN commentator and former NFL player Domonique Foxworth said this week that he roots against the Buffalo Bills’ Josh Allen because the quarterback’s fans have “American flags” and “dogs” on their social media.

“I am fully aware that I have biases,” Foxworth said Tuesday on ESPN podcast “The Right Time with Bomani Jones.”

“And my biases are not based on Josh Allen. It’s based on the people that are defending Josh Allen,” he said. “I would be 100% lying if I said that when Josh does something dumb, a little part of me doesn’t get happy. And it’s not because I don’t want Josh to succeed.”

“It’s because the people who are telling me that Josh is the second coming and Josh is better than everybody are people with American flags and dogs and skulls and crossbones,” continued Foxworth. “…

And then if you go just take a dip into their tweet history, it’s some really concerning retweets and likes.”

… Generally, I’m pro-player and I’m looking for ways to understand a player’s position and defend a player. But in Josh’s case, it’s not about him. He is the ground on which we are fighting.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/espns-foxworth-i-root-against-josh-allen-because-his-fans-are-patriotic-americans-who-like-dogs-really-concerning

The comments themselves I guess are football related, but the probability is high that on TSW the discussion would quickly become embrangled with the SDS pin.  Sorry.

This guy is a total douchewaddle.  Does he go into the twitter history of everyone who cheers for Josh?   I strongly doubt that.  Are there some people who support Josh who are also Boogaloo-Boy types?  Probably, they're almost everywhere.  But there are all sorts of other types in Bills Mafia.

Is he going after Incognito or the Bosa brothers who are pretty up-front and open about their political beliefs?  Wouldn't they be more representative of "the ground on which we are fighting?"

No one who heard him interviewed after the protests could doubt the total sincerity with which Josh said "I've never experienced that, being pulled over by police and being afraid for my life, and I think it's horrible".

Josh is not "the ground on which we are fighting",  give me a f'in break.

And Flags and dogs are cool - wtf is wrong with Flags and dogs? 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The comments themselves I guess are football related, but the probability is high that on TSW the discussion would quickly become embrangled with the SDS pin.  Sorry.

No no I agree with you.  That's why I did put it here I didn't think we actually would put it there - even tho I think we should as its directed at an entire fan base, but it's 2020 I get it.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

No no I agree with you.  That's why I did put it here I didn't think we actually would put it there - even tho I think we should as its directed at an entire fan base, but it's 2020 I get it.  

I mean, who could object to dogs?  Dogs are marvelous!  Seems like a lot of our team owns a dog or two also, judging by their insta's.

Look, IMHO it's not so clear where the "political epidemic" started and there are at least two sides, both egregious - but one with more actual beef.  But we're never going to sort a thing with attitudes like this guy expressed.   He's literally embodying the operational definition of prejudice - making assumptions about what an individual is like based on your personal beliefs about a group

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

ESPN is such a mess these days -- everything is always a double-standard with them. Remember years ago when they brought in Rush Limbaugh to provide an alternative view -- then immediately fired him when he did exactly that. Yet clowns like Foxworth remain gainfully employed.

I am not suggesting that ESPN fire him, just pointing out the hypocrisy of the network. Probably the best thing we can do as fans is ignore clowns like Foxworth and Jones, do not get tempted by their click-bait drivel, and tune out when they are on air. By being "provocative" and getting the responses they hope for, their behavior (and pockets) are being rewarded.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

All the democRAT sycophants on this board nod in unison.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

All the democRAT sycophants on this board nod in unison.

Not ONE word from WGR about the fan base being called racist by an ESPN "Analyst/SJW."  

On Twitter, all I found was that Tate Heary tweet in which Leremy Spite responded by trashing Clay Travis.  

Astonishing.  Shocking to absolutely no one.  

But we're supposed to take them seriously when they shout about anything else they deem as racist.  Ok.  Sure.  

Edited by Big Blitz

Nobody circles their systemic racist tendencies like the entire community of Buffalo Bills fans.....sure....give me a break.  What is wrong with people?  Do they really just want to alienate....everyone?  We are way better than this. Social Media is destroying this country.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1