Herd has Buffalo over KC as top team in NFL

racketmaster

How cool that the sports-celebrity “talking-heads” are hyping up our finally-too-good-to-be-true Bills team. This is great for us fans. Just as long as the players don’t start watching and getting a big head. 
The Bills can just go ahead and win the next 7 games and that will guarantee anyone and everyone ranking them #1.

5 hours ago, racketmaster said:

The main thing to remember about this is that pundit fashions are meaningless.  The pundits are no more likely to be right when they're lauding us than they were when they were dissing us.  We're not proven the "best team in the NFL", though we are on an upward trajectory.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then...but DON'T EAT THE CHEESE

26 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The main thing to remember about this is that pundit fashions are meaningless.  The pundits are no more likely to be right when they're lauding us than they were when they were dissing us.  We're not proven the "best team in the NFL", though we are on an upward trajectory.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then...but DON'T EAT THE CHEESE

If you look at it objectively, Buffalo is playing the best football right now.  Let's hope they keep their heads down and it continues.

Well I have to admit there were some facts he threw out there that Iwasn't aware of.  I did not know Green Bay was 0-2 against teams with winning records. Also we are 3-0 vs. other teams he has listed in the top 10.  I think we've beat the most teams with winning records.  so it's not that far fetched really.  I'd personally have us at 2 behind KC, but we are not far behind at all.

Edited by DQW87

7 hours ago, DQW87 said:

Well I have to admit there were some facys he threw out there that Iwasn't aware of.  I did not know Green Bay was 0-2 against teams with winning records. Also we are 3-0 vs. other teams he has listed in the top 10.  I think we've beat the most teams with winning records.  so it's not that far fetched really.  I'd personally have us at 2 behind KC, but we are not far behind at all.

Yea we have beaten 8-5 Miami, 9-4 LA Rams, 7-6 Las Vegas, 9-4 Seattle and 11-2 Pittsburgh. We did lose to 9-4 Tennessee, 12-1 Kansas City and 7-6 Arizona. So 5-3 against teams above .500 which is pretty good. Most 4th Quarter takeaways was the stat I liked about the Bills from that piece. That is definitely conducive to winning. I'd also have us #2 behind Kansas City. I think it is close but the last time I saw the two teams on the same field I felt like KC still had a clear advantage. We have improved from there but would it be enough?

As for those doubting Cowherd saying something good about the Bills..... he has liked this regime from day 1. Regularly calls McDermott one of the best young Head Coaches in football, likes Beane and Daboll and Frazier. Has been a bit up and down on Josh Allen but certainly gives him more credit than the perception and actually said pretty early last season he was wrong to hate him at draft time.

The most interesting part of his show yesterday was he had Jordan Palmer on and he talked about a lot of the young QBs in the league. Some really good stuff about Josh being ahead of schedule and the way the Bills have built around him, about where Lamar is at this point and the expectations for him, about how the league is sleeping on Deshaun Watson this year who is playing really well despite the Houston tire fire, about Baker Mayfield and his maturity issues, and about Joe Burrow's road to recovery. He also said the Cincinnati QB in college (who is a human I was not aware of) is a sleeper in this draft if he comes out. Jordan really likes him so I will definitely check him out.

• Like (+1) 1

I think it's clear that the Chiefs are the top dog in the NFL and that the Bills, Packers and Saints are very closely 2nd, 3rd and 4th in some order that we can't possibly know.

Cowherd gets paid to say provocative things.  I will say that the fact that he knows casual fans will be interested in the concept of the Bills at #1 being one of those provocative things is awesome for the franchise!

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

They aren't really coasting. Why would they?  They have a #1 seed on the line. Look at their last 5.  The did not look great in a few of them.  That is an average margin of victory of about 4 points a game against 5 teams that aren't exactly elite NFL teams.

Panthers  33-31

Raiders 35-31

Bucs 27-24

Broncos 22-16

Dolphins 33-27.

I hear you and everything but it's the regular season... They have already won a Superbowl and have the likely MVP and best player in the sport on their team.  They have the 3 best offensive players on the field in mostly every game they play.  I don't think they are worried about playing close games right now and not going all out for regular season wins..

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

I hear you and everything but it's the regular season... They have already won a Superbowl and have the likely MVP and best player in the sport on their team.  They have the 3 best offensive players on the field in mostly every game they play.  I don't think they are worried about playing close games right now and not going all out for regular season wins..

I think they are bored. The issue is can they raise themselves at playoff time? I won't be shocked if they lose in the playoffs to a team everyone has them beating.

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think they are bored. The issue is can they raise themselves at playoff time? I won't be shocked if they lose in the playoffs to a team everyone has them beating.

Agreed.  That is always the question with the teams at the top right even across other sports.. Usually the best players in the sport can and will turn it on. but I guess we will see.

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Agreed.  That is always the question with the teams at the top right even across other sports.. Usually the best players in the sport can and will turn it on. but I guess we will see.

I thought it with Clemson last year and while I think LSU were probably just better than them in the end I don't think it should have been a 17 point gap in the NCG. When you have been winning without being at your best for so long and then suddenly you need your very best I think it is difficult to turn it on.

So look when you compare the last groups of games with KC.. There are many spots We are better. #1? that's a tough pill to swallow. This is a what are you doing for us now football league and right now us being better then better then KC is more of an argument I might put up then winnable argument.

I wish we played them next week again... 

but we are #2 100%

Colin and Wright just made a bet on air. Loser takes mustard ketchup to the face. The bet is bills lose first game in playoffs colin loses bet. Bills win 1 playoff game its a push. Bills win 2 playoff games Wright loses. Would love to see that loser Wright covered. Let's go Bills

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Cowherd is one of the worst pundits out there. He is constantly wrong, arrogant, ill-informed, and annoying. He has such a poor logic for almost anything he says. I caught he once saying that he would love to have invested in the AAF a few weeks before the league went bankrupt.

I don't know how or why this clown ever became popular.