Herd has Buffalo over KC as top team in NFL

racketmaster

I don't like the Bills being talked about as the #1 team.  KC is the Super Bowl champion, has the best record, and beat us pretty soundly (the game wasn't as close as the score indicated).  I would love a chance to beat KC in the AFC title game, and we just might earn that opportunity.  And with our improved defensive play and slightly improved running game, I think we have a shot.  But until we knock them off, it is silly to rate the Bills above the Chiefs.  Also, I like being the "underdog" as I think the Bills feed off of it.  I think the "disrespected" Bills are a more dangerous team than the highly lauded Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, msw2112 said:

I don't like the Bills being talked about as the #1 team.  KC is the Super Bowl champion, has the best record, and beat us pretty soundly (the game wasn't as close as the score indicated).  I would love a chance to beat KC in the AFC title game, and we just might earn that opportunity.  And with our improved defensive play and slightly improved running game, I think we have a shot.  But until we knock them off, it is silly to rate the Bills above the Chiefs.  Also, I like being the "underdog" as I think the Bills feed off of it.  I think the "disrespected" Bills are a more dangerous team than the highly lauded Bills. 

The Bills are playing better than the Chiefs right now.  The Bills are peaking and the Chiefs have defensive problems and have had 4 close games in a row.  I think KC should be #1 but right now if they played the Bills would have a 50-50 shot.

1 minute ago, FUTURIST said:

The Bills are playing better than the Chiefs right now.  The Bills are peaking and the Chiefs have defensive problems and have had 4 close games in a row.  I think KC should be #1 but right now if they played the Bills would have a 50-50 shot.

KC is coasting right now because why not...  KC should still be #1.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HeHateMe said:

KC is coasting right now because why not...  KC should still be #1.  

They aren't really coasting. Why would they?  They have a #1 seed on the line. Look at their last 5.  The did not look great in a few of them.  That is an average margin of victory of about 4 points a game against 5 teams that aren't exactly elite NFL teams.

Panthers  33-31

Raiders 35-31

Bucs 27-24

Broncos 22-16

Dolphins 33-27.

16 minutes ago, wjag said:

He keeps poking Pittsburgh in the eye.  

Maybe his dislike for Pittsburgh is like Steven Smith with his hate for all things Dallas Cowboys. If I cared more, I would dig a bit into that background but meh.

He does really seem to be having a lot of fun dumping on Steeler fans.

2 hours ago, JustWinPlease said:

This guy is the biggest clown in the world...it's almost as if he's doing this to troll us.

he's trolling the bigger (non-KC) markets, who will respond in droves with indignation (and clicks and attention - what his bosses get paid to generate) ..  he could give a crap what the tiny market does - does not move the needle.  

ignore.  

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Anyway, NEVER argue with the experts. They pay them big money to make wise and well educated selections

they pay them to get eyeballs.  Promoting a tiny market team  is brilliant, as the big markets will go b--lsh-t and give him more attention and clicks -- what his bosses want;   reaction of the tiny market is irrelevant.   

guy knows what he is doing

Edited by ProcessTruster

1 hour ago, FUTURIST said:

think so.  milano on Kelce, Tre on Hill.. I can see Bills scoring on that D if they can score on Pitt D.   We can play them now me thinks. 

I watched the whole video.  I've never seen this segment before, but it's a neat premise.  Some power rankings are basically a restatement of records, some are a list of superbowl odds, and apparently cowherd's list is a ranking of who he thinks would beat who today (based on recent play and current injuries).  I did not expect rationality, but I was pleasantly surprised.  I wouldn't put the bills as #1 in a power ranking, but based on his premise and data, I have a hard time disagreeing with him on the placement of the bills and chiefs.  5-10 is arguable, I would think the colts and potentially redskins belong there by his metric.  Whatever else cowherd says, this was some decent content.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

This is silly. KC has one loss and killed the Bills without even trying to throw the ball.  

And that was two months ago. Things change in the NFL.

Cowherd is ranking them based off of two months ago. He clearly stated that.