Super Bowl ticket prices. What would you pay?

BITE ME

An interesting debate has broken out. I mentioned it in another thread but it is beginning to play out publicly now.  Will this be the most expensive ticket ever or the cheapest ticket ever?

What would you be willing to pay if the Bills are in the Super Bowl?   I would probably go to $500 but no higher.  It just might be better to watch on television if you can't leave your hotel anyway.

As one mid-level broker said, “If there isn’t a party, that hurts a lot. You want to sell people on being out and eating and drinking and going to the beach. Part of the attraction will hinge on that. Nobody is going to pay a premium to go sit in a hotel.”

The broker paused for a moment and chuckled, adding a shrugging thought: “Or maybe nobody will want to go at all because all this [expletive] could still be just like it is right now. Maybe nobody will even want to pay average Super Bowl ticket prices if it won’t be the same experience. Or [President-elect] Joe Biden decides the day after the inauguration that we’re not doing sports events for a couple months.

“Who really knows? You see what I mean? It’s impossible to call at this point.”

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/super-bowl-lv-could-be-most-expensive-and-covi-dtested-nfl-ticket-in-history-072939370.html

Edited by FUTURIST
  • Like (+1) 1

Sure...get that ticket for $500.

From TicketIQ:

“If the Super Bowl ticket market experiences the same sort of trends [as other limited capacity games this season] that could push the cheapest ticket to $10,102, nearly $3,500 more than last year’s get-in price for Super Bowl LIV, and the most expensive get-in price we’ve tracked for the big game. With an increase of 53-percent, the average list price would jump to $12,858 and easily be the most expensive Super Bowl since 2010. The most expensive [Super Bowl] we’ve tracked so far was the 2015 game, which had an average list price of $9,723.”

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

From TicketIQ:

“If the Super Bowl ticket market experiences the same sort of trends [as other limited capacity games this season] that could push the cheapest ticket to $10,102, nearly $3,500 more than last year’s get-in price for Super Bowl LIV, and the most expensive get-in price we’ve tracked for the big game. With an increase of 53-percent, the average list price would jump to $12,858 and easily be the most expensive Super Bowl since 2010. The most expensive [Super Bowl] we’ve tracked so far was the 2015 game, which had an average list price of $9,723.”

Nobody is paying big money to sit in a hotel.  Not happening. Depending on the matchup,  I can see tickets available for $500.  This belief that people are dying to go is nonsense.  I bet half the players families wouldn't even get on a plane.

1 minute ago, JustWinPlease said:

Unless I'm guaranteed to witness a Bills victory, I'd rather just sit in the comfort of my own home and watch the game with the people I love.

I'd rather be at the parade, than the game.

I sort of agree.  I am not sure I wan't to even go if I could get a ticket for $500.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

$3000 or so, plus travel expenses.  You only live once (and there hasn’t been a whole lot of living this year).

Tickets prices are not just about supply. In fact this year they are probably more about demand. I just don't see the demand.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

From TicketIQ:

A lot depends on the opponent.  For example this year potentially LA Rams (modest travelling support) or Green Bay (huge travelling support).  It's all a question of supply and demand.  With KC and 49ers last year it was not unreasonable to expect of a lot of extra demand to drive prices up, especially in a smaller stadium.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Nobody is paying big money to sit in a hotel.  Not happening. Depending on the matchup,  I can see tickets available for $500.  This belief that people are dying to go is nonsense.  I bet half the players families wouldn't even get on a plane.

LOL

So basically if you buy a Super Bowl ticket, you are handcuffed to your hotel room or something?  I have a lot of friends in Florida, they are out and about all the time.  

But I guess if you have a Super Bowl ticket, that's not allowed.

The belief that tickets will be $500 is nonsense.

Half the players families won't get on a plane?  They aren't going to see their loved on in the biggest game of their career?  Really?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, peterlaw said:

A lot depends on the opponent.  For example this year potentially LA Rams (modest travelling support) or Green Bay (huge travelling support).  It's all a question of supply and demand.  With KC and 49ers last year it was not unreasonable to expect of a lot of extra demand to drive prices up, especially in a smaller stadium.

Oh it does and I think Buffalo would increase the demand.

But do you think you could buy a ticket for a Super Bowl ticket for $500?

I’ve been torn about this since it’s become apparent that our team has its best chance in decades this year.

While I still strongly suspect the Chiefs will be a bridge too far for us or anyone else in the AFC, it would be just our luck as fans that this crappy year is the year we go.  

I’ve always said I’d go if they ever go back to the Super Bowl, having been too young and poor during the prior SB runs to go. Always “Guesstimated” the normal price in the $5-8k range per ticket for a Bills SB.

But I’m not sure that I’d want to go if they make it this year and if the price got too high.  Combination of the factors listed by others—

Covid risk in getting there and in attending

Likely very expensive due to cut on supply and pent up demand, even in a pandemic

Desire to watch the game with my immediate family and friends (now that my dad has passed, no obvious one person to take).

Now if I win the season ticket holder lottery for face value seats, that might be tough to pass up.

Let’s hope this concern becomes more real as the playoffs advance!  (Touching every piece of wood in the house.)

Edited by MattM

Limited supply will likely inflate the prices.

I won the lottery for xxv, just had an infant son and couldn’t go. I got $800 apiece for them.

For XXVIII, I had tickets in the media section. I was offered $1250 each. In hindsight I should have sold them.

That was the year Small World Travel had a promise for a block of tickets and the guy stiffed them because people were paying double for tickets.

When you expect prices to be low they usually are not. Wouldn’t surprise me to see them go to 3k per ticket.

Ill stay home.

• Like (+1) 1

Right now the get in price from NFL on location is $5,400.  I could fly in the day of the game & home the next day for $258 round trip. All I'd need is to find a motel Sunday night.  I can currently get one between $100-$200,  I'd do it if the Bills are in because I'll get a $3,000-$4,000 tax refund in February & could pay most of it off.  Unfortunately, the problem is I'd be risking my life going unless they speed up the Covid vaccine.  I'm over 65 and had cancer 3 years ago.  It's tempting.  My friend Petrino wants to drive, I'd never do that but if he wants to & picks me up at the Tampa airport Sunday morning I'd do that.  Still undecided on what to do if the Bills get in.  

https://tickets.nflonlocation.com/e/sports/super-bowl-lv-tickets/raymond-james-stadium/february-07-2021-1001310762

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, dlonce said:

Limited supply will likely inflate the prices.

I won the lottery for xxv, just had an infant son and couldn’t go. I got $800 apiece for them.

For XXVIII, I had tickets in the media section. I was offered $1250 each. In hindsight I should have sold them.

That was the year Small World Travel had a promise for a block of tickets and the guy stiffed them because people were paying double for tickets.

When you expect prices to be low they usually are not. Wouldn’t surprise me to see them go to 3k per ticket.

Ill stay home.

wouldn’t surprise me to see double that I’m the door and increases from there on quality of seats