Preferred playoff matchups

Who do you want to see in the playoffs? Who do you fear most?

Though the defense has played much better lately I still fear teams with power run games. Therefore I would rather avoid Cleveland, Tennessee, and Baltimore.  I'm not saying the Bills couldn't beat all of those teams. Each is flawed in some way or another.  

The most favorable matchups would be Miami, Indianapolis, and Pittsburgh even if they had to travel to Pittsburgh. 

• Like (+1) 1

The worst matchup is Tenn and it's not close. They run the ball with Henry and AJ Brown is a tough cover for our dbs. Their defense is stout and Vrabel and his staff are solid. The Colts are also a tough matchup. Their O-line is the best in the business and they have good backs and receivers . Their defense is really good and Reich is a top playcaller. In the end I think we beat Indy but I am not as confident about Tenn. I think they represent a bigger challenge than KC.

I just dont care who we play. We will be in every game against whoever we play. Period. 

I prefer to play the steelers because we just beat them so my memory is fresh. 

There isnt a team, Chiefs included, that I dont think we have a real good chance at beating. 

11 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

The worst matchup is Tenn and it's not close. They run the ball with Henry and AJ Brown is a tough cover for our dbs. Their defense is stout and Vrabel and his staff are solid. The Colts are also a tough matchup. Their O-line is the best in the business and they have good backs and receivers . Their defense is really good and Reich is a top playcaller. In the end I think we beat Indy but I am not as confident about Tenn. I think they represent a bigger challenge than KC.

We didn't bring our A game to that matchup, but I agree. Definitely don't want to see them, especially in the first round.

10 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Well, the Chiefs are the toughest matchup-- for anybody. But, after that, I agree that the Titans are our worst matchup. And, I'm going to get flamed for this, but I think that after the Chiefs, and Titans, Browns would be the next toughest. They're a complete team, and the D can be disruptive. Chubb would be hard to defend, and that opens up the rest of the field for their receivers, And, despite his flaws, Mayfield has a helluva long ball. To defend the Browns means defending the entire field.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Might Rather said:

This year feels different. I feel we can beat anyone.

Agreed. You have to beat everyone to win a Super Bowl.  There is no real home field so I don't care.  Not afraid to go to Kansas City. Our linebackers stay healthy and we can beat anyone.

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Well, the Chiefs are the toughest matchup-- for anybody. But, after that, I agree that the Titans are our worst matchup. And, I'm going to get flamed for this, but I think that after the Chiefs, and Titans, Browns would be the next toughest. They're a complete team, and the D can be disruptive. Chubb would be hard to defend, and that opens up the rest of the field for their receivers, And, despite his flaws, Mayfield has a helluva long ball. To defend the Browns means defending the entire field.

I agree with your assessment on Cleveland's offense. They will however struggle with defending Josh's multidimensional offense. The reason I think KC would be a better matchup is that we would score a lot of points against that defense. Maybe they win a shootout but Henry is a bigger problem because he single handedly controls time of possession and we are not built to defend that type of attack. 

19 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

In order, from easiest to hardest, I'd go...

Miami

Pittsburgh

Indianapolis

Cleveland
Baltimore
Tennessee
Kansas City

(Just realized that I can finally change my name, since we're winning now! Lol.)

I mostly agree with this list, but I would rather play Baltimore than the Browns. I just think we match up better vs. the Ravens (but not by much).

Don't change your name until we win a playoff game.

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Who do you want to see in the playoffs? Who do you fear most?

Though the defense has played much better lately I still fear teams with power run games. Therefore I would rather avoid Cleveland, Tennessee, and Baltimore.  I'm not saying the Bills couldn't beat all of those teams. Each is flawed in some way or another.  

The most favorable matchups would be Miami, Indianapolis, and Pittsburgh even if they had to travel to Pittsburgh. 

Agree completely. Give me Miami, Indy, Pittsburgh or Vegas (don't think they make it though). Think the other 3 are all worse matchup wise but Tenn are the one I most want to avoid.

8 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I mostly agree with this list, but I would rather play Baltimore than the Browns. I just think we match up better vs. the Ravens (but not by much).

Don't change your until we win a playoff game.

Yea I am with you. 

Baltimore

Cleveland

Tennessee

Kansas City

In that order of the 4 I think we could lose to. I don't really see us losing to Indy, Miami or Pittsburgh.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

I agree with your assessment on Cleveland's offense. They will however struggle with defending Josh's multidimensional offense. The reason I think KC would be a better matchup is that we would score a lot of points against that defense. Maybe they win a shootout but Henry is a bigger problem because he single handedly controls time of possession and we are not built to defend that type of attack. 

I have a good friend who's a hardcore Titans fan (weirdly, as he was born and raised in Los Angeles), and we're quite vociferous with the smack-talking. I would have a very hard time admitting that the Titans would be a tougher matchup than the Chiefs.

Be that as it may, the Chiefs are so well coached, they have the ability to dramatically shift their game plans  to their opponents, I think better than any team in the league. The Titans will always play to their strengths (which, admittedly, are an especially hard matchup for us), but I think the Chiefs are much harder to game plan for, as they can adjust so well to their opponents, and are a more complete team. And, of course, there is Mahomes...