Jets forum...so low....

foreboding

2 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Anyone know who has the tiebreaker between the Jets and Jaguars? If the Jets would get 2nd overall and it comes down to that last game, I wouldn’t put it past Bill to actually give the Jets a chance to win. 

draft tie breaker is strength  of schedule.  The weak one gets the higher pick.

one year Miami was ahead of buffalo in standings with same record, but drafted before because of weaker strength of schedule

stregth is same as total opponents wins.

jets  

AE  24 x2=48

AW 28 

NW  30 

ind 9 

Cle 9 *

Jags

AS 22x2=44

AN  30.5 *

NN 27 

Mia 8

LAC 4

cle can change based on tonight’s game but since they play within division a certain aw comes out in division so AN total is pist Monday’s game.

In general divisional games just add 1.  The only changes that can occur in week 17 are the 2 non common opponents.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Biggest Gase fan of all time, trust me, he thinks Gase is the next greatest thing.

There's a real judge of talent.  An avatar with Herm, Kotite, Coslet, and Joe Walton.

As bad as it is right now Jets fans, it is hard to believe it's worse now than it was with Rich Kotite.

6 hours ago, sullim4 said:

There's a real judge of talent.  An avatar with Herm, Kotite, Coslet, and Joe Walton.

As bad as it is right now Jets fans, it is hard to believe it's worse now than it was with Rich Kotite.

Kotite seemed to always have that 'what just happened?' look on his face.  The current ringmaster has that ammonia inhalant gaze (Gase gaze?) that implies he's zoned out.

I have browsed around there the last few weeks.  I find it interesting, because I recall leading up to the opener last season, how 100% certain nearly everyone there was that Darnold was way ahead of Allen and was sure to be onto bigger and better things.  I was confused as to how they could be sure, at that point it looked maybe 50/50.

I like the banter about how amazing Allen is, it inflates my fan-ego.  I have to say a lot of them have a generally good and realistic view.  I do feel a bit bad for them.  Although I typically hate NYC teams, Jets fans have had it pretty rough for a long time.

Many though think.... that a 1st pick QB is a magic pill that fixes everything, along with cap space to spend on shiny toys.  That is not true.  The QB is important (but this day and age seems to be fairly common).  The most important thing is the football CEO who is generally the coach, who works with a savvy GM.  Need to get decent starters in the draft, and need to find decent but not all that splashy FA signings.  Maybe can swing for the fences if an opportunity arises like the Bills did with Diggs and Cardinals with Hopkins.  The environment for the QB is just as important as the QB, and a crummy environment will ruin any QB.   The turnaround only needs to take a couple years if done correctly.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dma0034 said:

The Sabres are the drought Bills of the NHL. If they don't make the playoffs next season they will own the longest postseason drought of all time

Is that right?  Seems like they were in the playoffs 10 years ago..... maybe just wishful thinking

13 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I have browsed around there the last few weeks.  I find it interesting, because I recall leading up to the opener last season, how 100% certain nearly everyone there was that Darnold was way ahead of Allen and was sure to be onto bigger and better things.  I was confused as to how they could be sure, at that point it looked maybe 50/50.

I like the banter about how amazing Allen is, it inflates my fan-ego.  I have to say a lot of them have a generally good and realistic view.  I do feel a bit bad for them.  Although I typically hate NYC teams, Jets fans have had it pretty rough for a long time.

Many though think.... that a 1st pick QB is a magic pill that fixes everything, along with cap space to spend on shiny toys.  That is not true.  The QB is important (but this day and age seems to be fairly common).  The most important thing is the football CEO who is generally the coach, who works with a savvy GM.  Need to get decent starters in the draft, and need to find decent but not all that splashy FA signings.  Maybe can swing for the fences if an opportunity arises like the Bills did with Diggs and Cardinals with Hopkins.  The environment for the QB is just as important as the QB, and a crummy environment will ruin any QB.   The turnaround only needs to take a couple years if done correctly.

Especially if so called qb pick would rather stay at school than play for your team lol

46 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

The Sabres are the drought Bills of the NHL. If they don't make the playoffs next season they will own the longest postseason drought of all time

The Pegula's need to find their Beane/McDermott of the NHL. They are doing so well with the Bills and yet so poorly with the Sabres.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Greg S said:

He would be better off in LA with Herbert. Plus they have other talented players to work with. Its not a total lost cause.

The lustre might be off anyone connected with Buffalo, after 'stumbling bumbling Anthony Lynn' has muddled his way through the last couple years.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

He would be better off in LA with Herbert. Plus they have other talented players to work with. Its not a total lost cause.

The Beane-McD-Frazier-Daboll-Farwell Branch of the Andy Reid coaching tree has built a playoff contender out of a laughingstock with Pegs help. If Daboll leaves for his shot at being the big guy, that's that, so long as Pegs let's him name his price and gets turned down first.

I kinda feel for every delusional dumba$$ over there. We have been there. It is also fantastic that this board isn't filled with a 1000 posts of what draft picks we need to get, before Christmas. Now with 3 weeks left of the regular season we are focusing on playoff seeding. I could get used to this . 

Viva Los BILLS, baby!

1 minute ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

The Beane-McD-Frazier-Daboll-Farwell Branch of the Andy Reid coaching tree has built a playoff contender out of a laughingstock with Pegs help. If Daboll leaves for his shot at being the big guy, that's that, so long as Pegs let's him name his price and gets turned down first.

I think there is a very good chance Daboll leaves. You know the league has taken notice of the job he has done with the Bills especially helping Allen become the player that he is today. I just hope he doesn't go to NY and get to work with Lawrence.

17 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I think there is a very good chance Daboll leaves. You know the league has taken notice of the job he has done with the Bills especially helping Allen become the player that he is today. I just hope he doesn't go to NY and get to work with Lawrence.

Seriously.

But one would hope that NYC is not really a great place for Daboll and his huge family, he seems a small-town guy. But it the Northeast  is where his extended family live. LA is far, but would be a nice place to land with some good talent, Daboll would turn that program around immediately. Where else might he land? Houston? I doubt Pederson gets fired or that would be a decent spot for him.

Any chance is he not interested in being the top guy? Maybe he will take 2 mill a year and stay?!?

2 minutes ago, foreboding said:

Seriously.

But one would hope that NYC is not really a great place for Daboll and his huge family, he seems a small-town guy. But it the Northeast  is where his extended family live. LA is far, but would be a nice place to land with some good talent, Daboll would turn that program around immediately. Where else might he land? Houston? I doubt Pederson gets fired or that would be a decent spot for him.

Any chance is he not interested in being the top guy? Maybe he will take 2 mill a year and stay?!?

Trying to think of other teams that could be looking for a HC...Jacksonville, Philly, Chicago. Have to wait and see who gets fired.

17 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

They also think BB is going to tank the last game to prevent them getting Lawrence...

Paranoia running deep...

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/week-17-very-well-could-kill-any-chance-at-trevor-lawrence.94812/

that was some loudmouth football expert i head on the radio go on and on about, said watch Belichek start Stidham last two games of the year so it isnt obvious he is trying to screw the Jets.  He said how would you like to be the Pats to face Josh Allen, Tua and Lawrence in your conference for the next 10 years.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

They also think BB is going to tank the last game to prevent them getting Lawrence...

Oh man! that would be so awesome!  All I can say is if they get Lawrence, I really hope they keep Gase, so that he never reaches his true potential.  (I like Lawrence, but I dislike the Jets more)

• Thank you (+1) 1