Jets forum...so low....

foreboding

It would be so funny of the Pats did put out their 3rd stringers in the final game. The Jets still might have trouble beating them.

The Jets fans are funny right now, they're all talking as though Lawrence is already their starter and already heading to the hall of fame. It'd be hilarious if they did miss out on getting him

4 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

It would be so funny of the Pats did put out their 3rd stringers in the final game. The Jets still might have trouble beating them.

The Jets fans are funny right now, they're all talking as though Lawrence is already their starter and already heading to the hall of fame. It'd be hilarious if they did miss out on getting him

Some of those folks should remember Eli Manning not playing in San Diego.  Lawrence can call his landing to some degree  if he has the stomach to play hard ball..

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

They also think BB is going to tank the last game to prevent them getting Lawrence...

Paranoia running deep...

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/week-17-very-well-could-kill-any-chance-at-trevor-lawrence.94812/

That would actually be highly humorous to watch but it's pure paranoia.  Never happen.

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Will say it again, am thankful for the mods and generally well behaved contributors of TBD. The Jests cesspool over there makes PPP look like a Mensa convention of civility and insight. 

I thank you for the kind words on behalf of the Mods Hive Mind.  Truthfully, 98% of you are a pleasure to interact with, even if I have to ask you to cease something.

PPP comparatively looks like a Mensa convention?  INconceivable! 😆

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, foreboding said:

I dont think it ever got so bad for us. They dream of Juju as their prized possible FA for a new qb, but most doubt anyone will want to sign with the jests.

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/cards-get-hopkins-for-murray-bills-get-diggs-for-allen-jets.94807/page-2

I do remember the days we would have to overpay. Thank God for our leaders now.

Does this surprise anyone? This forum would be low as well. JuJu would not be my first choice, Robinson would be. And players play for money, if a team is willing to pay out the arse then they will play for them. If i were you i would focus on how well your team is playing and stop focusing on a team that is the worst in history.

1 hour ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I am genuinely grateful that neither Ralph Wilson nor the Pegulas ever had the lack of self-respect to do what the Jets did this year.  Even the 3-13 or 4-12 years were game efforts.  

The thing is, the player that the Jets are intentionally tanking for wants absolutely nothing to do with the franchise nor does any free agent.

Do you have prove of that? Link please. 

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

SAR 1.

Need go no further.

Biggest Gase fan of all time, trust me, he thinks Gase is the next greatest thing.

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If Belichik thinks Lawrence is that good, he will absolutely find a way to lose that last game to the Jets.  Past time that NFL institutes a draft lottery.  

Now the NFL needs to institute a lottery? Because the Jets suck? I guess people didnt want that after the Colts sucked for Luck? We had a coach that made a terrible play call but he has always been aggressive. They played hard against the Raiders and had that game won. But we need a lottery now because of this.....

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well......we do get our share of visiting-team trolls but something just seems to happen 🤷‍♂️:rolleyes:

They must ‘disappear’ before I see them. 😃 I’m thinking of Jimmy Spags, Bleedinggreen and Ice Bowl. They all seem to visit fairly regularly and actually positively contribute or, in the case of the former, are just funny. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Just now, TroutDog said:

They must ‘disappear’ before I see them. 😃 I’m thinking of Jimmy Spags, Bleedinggreen and Ice Bowl. They all seem to visit fairly regularly and actually positively contribute or, in the case of the former, are just funny. 

How dare you give us kudo's! We have a reputation to uphold!!! :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

8 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Does this surprise anyone? This forum would be low as well. JuJu would not be my first choice, Robinson would be. And players play for money, if a team is willing to pay out the arse then they will play for them. If i were you i would focus on how well your team is playing and stop focusing on a team that is the worst in history.

Brother, talk to us after 17 years of futility! 😃 Hell, we’re good now and 75% of the people here still cry and moan about our solid players and games. 

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I'll rephrase.  The player they're tanking for shouldn't want anything to do with them, and I would personally guess he doesn't.  

Why? Isnt it the worst team that gets the first pick? I guess every number one pick should do that every year then right? Next time state that is your personal opinion.

8 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Brother, talk to us after 17 years of futility! 😃 Hell, we’re good now and 75% of the people here still cry and moan about our solid players and games. 

Dude, been suffering since 1969!!! Looks like your time is now! Allen is coming into his own and its exciting!

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Bleedingreennc said:

Why? Isnt it the worst team that gets the first pick? I guess every number one pick should do that every year then right? Next time state that is your personal opinion.

Well I'm not even suggesting that Lawrence would pull an Eli and refuse to play for them or anything, just that no promising player would want to land on the Jets in their current state.  It's a franchise that's showed an embarrassing lack of good judgment.

And no, I don't think the 1st overall pick always belongs to a team with awful prospects moving forward.  Oftentimes it's a hard luck team or a tremendously inexperienced one.

Trust me, I want y'all to bounce back.  The NFL season is more entertaining with well played divisional rivalry games.  I only want the Pats to go 0-16 each year from now until eternity :D

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Well I'm not even suggesting that Lawrence would pull an Eli and refuse to play for them or anything, just that no promising player would want to land on the Jets in their current state.  It's a franchise that's showed an embarrassing lack of good judgment.

And no, I don't think the 1st overall pick always belongs to a team with awful prospects moving forward.  Oftentimes it's a hard luck team or a tremendously inexperienced one.

Trust me, I want y'all to bounce back.  The NFL season is more entertaining with well played divisional rivalry games.  I only want the Pats to go 0-16 each year from now until eternity :D

Sir, i love you on that comment about the Pats!!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Ha...there was no internet when Vince Ferragamo was taking snaps for the Bills.  I can only imagine how this board would be if they had back to back 2-14 seasons in the social media era.

Slightly off topic, but I am always fascinated when I look back to the late 1970s and early 1980s to see how those 2-14 teams were 'built' and how they allowed for the late 80s/early 90s teams to be built. How did the Bills get so bad in the early 1980's?

-Chuck Knox was done as coach of the Bills and left before the 2-14 seasons..leaving the Bills to go bottom-of-the-barrel for their next coaches...Kay Stephonson and Hank Bullough.  

-Joe Ferguson (maybe good? but never great) was at the end of his career, and the QB drafted in the 2nd round to be the heir apparent was none other than Matt Kofler. (unless you want to count Gene Bradley who was drafted early a few years prior but went right to the USFL)

-There were some awful, brutal draft picks in the late 70's and early 80's that left the team without much talent in the early 80s:

--in 76, Mario Clark was your first pick. Decent CB from what I remember, but nothing more than an average starter for a few years.

--in 77, you took Phil Dokes with your first pick and didn't have a 2nd.

--in 78, RB Terry Miller was the 5th overall pick to the Bills, other top picks for them that year?  Dee Hardison, Scott Hutchinson, Denis Johnson and Danny Fulton all in the top 3 rounds.

--79 was a decent draft overall, but with the top pick in the entire draft the bills took...Tom Cousineau

--in 1980 you got Jim Ritcher for the OL in the first round..but the next 2 years top picks...Booker Moore and Perry Tuttle.

Its really surprising the Bills only had 2 seasons of 2-14. 4-12 in 1986 wasn't great, but things were looking up for sure by then.

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

I don’t think I ever yelled as loud as when Joe Cribbs broke off the 80 yard TD run on the first offensive snap. Section 334 in the upper deck. So great!

That was Greg Bell.  Cribbs was gone by then. 

• Like (+1) 1