Baldy Breakdown - Tre destroys Claypool at the LOS on 3rd down - LOVE IT!!

Big Turk

39 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

It's legal. Richard Sherman has done it his whole career. Cheap shots on the other side of the field away from the ball, but legal. 

He did it in the game against us when Tyrod almost beat the Seahawks on one of the last plays of the game where Taylor scrambled and because he was out of the pocket Sherman could engage the offensive player and he basically knocked him to the ground and Taylor had nowhere to go with the ball...I remember the whole board was up in arms about it for illegal contact but it wasn't.

Edited by matter2003

4 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Wow---whole new meaning to the phrase "bump 'n run" coverage--I had no idea this could be a legal thing anymore in today's pass happy league! 

I’ve been wondering for years why this doesn’t happen more often. Drives me nuts. 

44 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

It's legal. Richard Sherman has done it his whole career. Cheap shots on the other side of the field away from the ball, but legal. 

How is this a cheap shot?

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Same. I truly did not know it was legal to just....TACKLE THE WR AT THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE! 😯

Perfectly fine if you can jam the guy right out of his cleats like that, BUT if the WR sheds you or makes you miss and you are in man coverage as I believe Tre' was with maybe one safety over top then it is Claypool down the sideline with no one really any where near him for probably an easy highlight TD.

White can take that chance because Claypool was not even looking at him till the last minute and Tre must have seen something (maybe watching tape) that Claypool does not have a bunch of moves or a great release against being jammed at the line. That, or Tre' just has some big brass ones and has no problem going all in.

Either way, I like that "welcome to the NFL" comment as Tre' did set the tone for the kind of physical game the Bills were going to play.

4 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I’ve been hard on Tre this year but maybe he is working his way back into form from his injury’s. 

Tre had a very good game vs the Steelers, we are getting hot at the perfect time.

Tre doesn't get many opportunities to impress anymore because our cb2 was playing bad most of the season so why throw at white lol I feel like we have a mostly negative bias towards white so far this season that might be a little undeserved 

5 hours ago, matter2003 said:

This was the play where Wallace almost got a pick 6...Big Ben was looking for Claypool but White pancaked him at the LOS and put him on his @ss and basically held him down on the ground...just a great, aggressive play against the short passes...

Claypool has been tearing it up but was almost non-existent in yesterday's game except for a few short catches.

1-10 third down conversions yesterday.  That's an insane number. 

5 hours ago, matter2003 said:

This was the play where Wallace almost got a pick 6...Big Ben was looking for Claypool but White pancaked him at the LOS and put him on his @ss and basically held him down on the ground...just a great, aggressive play against the short passes...

Claypool has been tearing it up but was almost non-existent in yesterday's game except for a few short catches.

Oh yeah. I saw this real time and called it out in the GDT when it happened, but they never showed a replay on it during the game. Embarrassed the rook on that rep.