Week 15: Bills at Broncos

YoloinOhio

36 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

it’s too bad people give @Zerovoltz crap here 

all they want to see troll and just don’t pay attention

Eh, sometimes Zero deserves a bit of crap...he can be a bit LAMP with the threads.  Some mods defend him when he's called a troll, though - he's really not.

2 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

Who else hates these Sunday night, Monday night and Saturday games.  I long for a nice 1pm Sunday Bills game.  4:30 on a Saturday.  Awful.

We are looking at a month of no 1pm Sunday games. Hate it.

Some peoples are never happy.

For years, some fans bemoaned the lack of games at night.  Night games mean you're doing well.  Being flexed to Saturday means you're doing well.

I can handle the disruption to my schedule.  Adapt.   Like McD says, get comfortable being uncomfortable!

4 hours ago, Motorin' said:

One major difference, imo, between this team and the 90's team is discipline and focus. I don't see a McDermott coached Bills team overlooking anyone. 

Denver is down to their practice squad in the secondary, I see this as an opportunity for Josh and co. to light it up. And I expect that they will be smelling blood in the water.  

My only concern is the team's lack of R&R time after a very "black and blue" game vs. the Steelers.  It's hard for coaching to make up for lack of rest.  Micah Hyde said once he normally doesn't start feeling good until Thursday.  So they might start feeling OK Fri morning, then they get to emplane and fly to Denver.

That said, I know the Bills have a good Sports Science department and I'm sure they do their best to maximize readiness.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I don't know, I'm stating to like them.  I can adjust my life for these BIG wins!

I hate them when they lose but it's nice to have Collinsworth ball washing Allen like he was haha

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My only concern is the team's lack of R&R time after a very "black and blue" game vs. the Steelers.  It's hard for coaching to make up for lack of rest.  Micah Hyde said once he normally doesn't start feeling good until Thursday.  So they might start feeling OK Fri morning, then they get to emplane and fly to Denver.

That said, I know the Bills have a good Sports Science department and I'm sure they do their best to maximize readiness.

I hear that. The Broncos have the same shortened week, and had to fly back from Carolina Sunday night. 

They are seriously down to the practice squad for multiple starters in the secondary. And the one positive is an extra day of rest before what will be a physical game against the Pats. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mbs said:

@Zerovoltz was setting the record straight in that Broncos fan Josh Allen thread. He's absolutely killing it.

I think he starts here:

https://www.orangemane.com/forum/orange-mane-discussion/orange-mane-central-discussion/2720603-josh-allen/page5

Seriously, I can't think of very many people who aren't bills fans and aren't paid to cover the bills with that kind of knowledge. Like not even Simms.

That's quite amusing.  Thanks for the link.

I wanted to look back at last year's Broncos-Bills game to get a feel for what this Saturday's game might look like.

To be honest, though, everything is so different for both teams that it's hard to glean much from it.

On the plus side for the Broncos, they have much more offensive firepower this time around, from their receiving corps to their starting quarterback. On the minus side for the Broncos, their secondary is ravaged by injury.

Meanwhile, for the Bills: Well...this year's offense is QUITE a bit more productive than last year's offense. It added a true number 1 receiver, for one thing. More importantly, though, 2020 Josh Allen seems to be leaps and bounds better than 2019 Josh Allen.

I'm not sure whether to expect an easy, high scoring win or a low scoring, defensive slugfest nail biter. Either way, I can't seem to convince myself that the outcome will be anything other than the Buffalo Bills raising their first AFC East banner in a quarter century.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I hear that. The Broncos have the same shortened week, and had to fly back from Carolina Sunday night. 

They are seriously down to the practice squad for multiple starters in the secondary. And the one positive is an extra day of rest before what will be a physical game against the Pats. 

Good points

Both teams went home with a dose of that "vitamin W".  I do think the Panthers are less "black n blue" than the Steelers, but possibly I wrong them.

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

I wanted to look back at last year's Broncos-Bills game to get a feel for what this Saturday's game might look like.

To be honest, though, everything is so different for both teams that it's hard to glean much from it.

On the plus side for the Broncos, they have much more offensive firepower this time around, from their receiving corps to their starting quarterback. On the minus side for the Broncos, their secondary is ravaged by injury.

Meanwhile, for the Bills: Well...this year's offense is QUITE a bit more productive than last year's offense. It added a true number 1 receiver, for one thing. More importantly, though, 2020 Josh Allen seems to be leaps and bounds better than 2019 Josh Allen.

I'm not sure whether to expect an easy, high scoring win or a low scoring, defensive slugfest nail biter. Either way, I can't seem to convince myself that the outcome will be anything other than the Buffalo Bills raising their first AFC East banner in a quarter century.

Last year Denver literally did nothing on offemse

Let’s play guess the Daboll wrinkle for this week.  Last week it was a Diggs end around. Didn't really work.  Each week Daboll rolls out one new play.  We haven’t seen a double reverse in forever.  That’s my guess. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, wjag said:

Let’s play guess the Daboll wrinkle for this week.  Last week it was a Diggs end around. Didn't really work.  Each week Daboll rolls out one new play.  We haven’t seen a double reverse in forever.  That’s my guess. 

I want my TE jet sweep *****!

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Or as Allen said during the week before we played Denver last year: "They're not the Rams, they're the Sheep.  It's Sheep Week"

I watch some games on my phone, it's actually not that bad. I have attached a link forHow To Watch Out Of Market NFL Games - NFL Cheapskate

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't even remember this.  When was it in the game?

I don’t remember exactly when it happened. Diggs stat is 1 rush for 1 yard. 

6 minutes ago, appoo said:

I hate this start time. I'm a Penn State Alum/huge College fan

Clemson - ND - 4pm

Bills - Broncos - 430pm

Penn State - Illinois - 530pm

Wish the NFL didn't do Saturday flex, knowing that college is still playing

College needs to get out of the way. NFL has played Saturday games the last couple weeks of December forever. College was always over after Army-Navy and before the Bowls.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Last year Denver literally did nothing on offemse

True, but as I said in the post, a lot has changed.

Drew Lock is better than Brandon Allen. Their receiving corps improved quite a bit.

Both the Bills and Broncos have changed quite a bit on offense and defense since last year.