Week 15: Bills at Broncos

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

If they clinch the East, is it like, possible for "some" fans to meet them at the airport? The absolute hardest part of all of this for me is not being able to share my gratitude for what they've done in this otherwise abysmal year. 

Imo, great topic/question. I realize it's been discussed here and there, but may deserve it's own thread???

Just for ex., and aside from airport: possible to "gather" at/near stadium for Fish game? For a practice?

Objective: show player appreciation as they drive up.

Assumptions: outdoors, at place xyz, not controlled by Pegulas, proper protocols, yada, yada.

Probably a pipe dream, but there's hella creative people here, so who knows?

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He has the sickle cell trait. He did play in Denver when he was with Arizona. 

In that case, give him another week to be sure of his health. While he definitely makes a difference in respect of how we can attack defenses, we should still be able to win this game without him, so I wouldn't be inclined to risk him. We have more important games down the road, where having all of our options available, is going to be more important.

2 minutes ago, Buddo said:

In that case, give him another week to be sure of his health. While he definitely makes a difference in respect of how we can attack defenses, we should still be able to win this game without him, so I wouldn't be inclined to risk him. We have more important games down the road, where having all of our options available, is going to be more important.

Yep I agree.  If all the other WRs are healthy going to DEN he probably waits one more week.

Playing in Denver, Mile High,  is always tough.  

Short week and travel - tough.  

Just off an emotional win on prime time - tough. 

Denver team is better than their record - tough. 

All that said this Bills team wants very badly to win  the AFC East so they should be ready to go. I think they can get it done.  

• Like (+1) 2

The Bills are easily the better team, one of the best in football, they should win and it shouldn't be close. If they do drop the game it's not a big deal, those things happen . . . wait . . . what the heck? Is this feeling normal for fans of good teams?

Let me try this again. If Denver pulls off an upset it doesn't mean this whole season is a dream. EEK! I just typed that and it sounds right. 

57 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Bass has a legit shot at crushing the NFL FG record in the thin air if we need a long one.

I really think 70 is realistic with his leg. His 50 yarders have more than enough height when they cross the bar and that’s in normal air. Shoot he kicked a 45 or so yarder and it was still going up when it went thru the uprights. 

18 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

All that said this Bills team wants very badly to win  the AFC East so they should be ready to go. I think they can get it done.  

...what's more, they have to get it done!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, mbs said:

The Bills are easily the better team, one of the best in football, they should win and it shouldn't be close. If they do drop the game it's not a big deal, those things happen . . . wait . . . what the heck? Is this feeling normal for fans of good teams?

Let me try this again. If Denver pulls off an upset it doesn't mean this whole season is a dream. EEK! I just typed that and it sounds right. 

I already looked at that "worse case scenario".  The Pats* clinching the Division for us by beating the Fish would be weird.

5 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

...what's more, they have to get it done!

They're killing me out there Whitey!

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Greg S said:

I like the helmets and the orange tops.  They really need some white or blue pants though.

I'd like to see our reds with blue pants.

29 minutes ago, Buddo said:

If he's 100% you play him.  Nothing is guaranteed in this league and you put your best roster on the field to clinch the division.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Been playing some heavy hitters and showing up. Here's a bit from Mike sando's weekly roundup on "The Athletic"

The Bills have a really good record against highly ranked defenses.

With the Bills facing the Steelers, I went through their games during Allen’s nearly three seasons as the starter to see how they’ve fared against top defenses in general. Each defense from 2018, 2019 and 2020 was ranked No. 1 through No. 32 in EPA per game, with games against Buffalo excluded from the calculations to avoid biasing the rankings.

The Allen-led Bills are 7-3 against top-five defenses over the past three seasons, including 4-0 this season after beating the Los Angeles Rams (No. 1), Steelers (No. 2), Miami Dolphins (No. 4) and San Francisco 49ers (No. 5). Allen had 14 touchdown passes with two interceptions and four total turnovers in those games. He averaged 8.9 yards per pass attempt, 0.39 EPA per attempt and 335 yards per game against those teams, with a 121.8 passer rating. After neither offense accomplished much in the first half Sunday, Allen completed 14 of 20 passes for 162 yards and two touchdowns to close out the Steelers, twice converting on longer than third-and-10.

..... Stank 

So did they just count the Patriots 3 times?

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Makes sense only real reason to watch this game for him is we might play one of them in the Playoffs otherwise you can just have an alert tell you the score.

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

If he's 100% you play him.  Nothing is guaranteed in this league and you put your best roster on the field to clinch the division.

Living up here in Colorado it's mentioned quite a lot.  Here is just one article about players decisions.

I also imagine there are different degrees to this condition.

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/11/the-doctor-is-in-is-sickle-cell-trait-too-dangerous-in-denver/

36 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

You know who else will have it tough on Saturday?

Denver will.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1