Week 15: Bills at Broncos

YoloinOhio

28 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Denver D is actually pretty good.

Drew Lock is inconsistent at best. 

Lock is Allen in his rookie season...leads NFL in Y/Att, very high bad throw % and very low OnTarget%. Bills D will likely make him look very poor.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Lock is Allen in his rookie season...leads NFL in Y/Att, very high bad throw % and very low OnTarget%. Bills D will likely make him look very poor.

But Allen had the clutch gene and was a gamer. Lock doesn't really have that.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MJS said:

But Allen had the clutch gene and was a gamer. Lock doesn't really have that.

Lock has the "I will do everything in my power to give you this game" gene like he did in the Dolphin game, but they managed to hold on to win in spite of him.

Edited by matter2003

47 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Win win win win win

Just win just win please just win

win win win win win

Winning is really fun. I sleep better, I wake up feeling better.  The sun seems a bit brighter, and I swear that even the food tastes better.

Who would have thought?  They should really keep it going now that we know how cool it is.....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Philo said:

Miami's D scares me the most. Not only are they just good, but they seem to be that team this year that is getting plenty of lucky bounces and tipped balls go their way on top of it. I'm sure some of that is good coaching as well, so hats off to Flores.

We might have division wrapped up by then so we can rest our starters.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Why is this game on saturday during the SEC championship?  

Isn't the SEC championship on at 8? Bills and Broncos are at 4:30. Although Carolina and Green Bay play at 8. As much as I would love to watch the SEC championship I prefer the NFL over college. So CAR-GB for me.

Just now, Greg S said:

Isn't the SEC championship on at 8? Bills and Broncos are at 4:30. Although Carolina and Green Bay play at 8. As much as I would love to watch the SEC championship I prefer the NFL over college. So CAR-GB for me.

No you're right - its the ACC one at 430.  Either way - why is the NFL playing on saturday?  Notre Dames a huge draw too, possibly the worst "nationally" televised game.

Edited by dneveu
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Philo said:

Miami's D scares me the most. Not only are they just good, but they seem to be that team this year that is getting plenty of lucky bounces and tipped balls go their way on top of it. I'm sure some of that is good coaching as well, so hats off to Flores.

Miami has a solid pass rush (averaging 2.6 sacks per game which is 11th in the league, a quality secondary but they can get run on as they are giving up 120 yards a game on the ground (for reference the Bills give up 119.) They are third in the NFL in points allowed (the Bills are 15th) which does indicate they have a strong defense. 

However I do think that while they are a very good defense I don't consider them to be this top 3-4 defense in the league. I think their defense is in the top 10 but I think they have feasted on a lot of bad offenses. The only quality offense they shut down was the Rams, who are really good so not taking that away from them but that's about all they have to show for it. 

The teams in a winning effort that they gave up less than 21 points to are the Jets twice, The Jaguars, a banged up 49ers team, The Chargers, The Bengals without Burrow, and the Rams. Not exactly a murders row outside of the Rams. 

57 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Denver D is actually pretty good.

Drew Lock is inconsistent at best. 

Denver's D is underrated and while I agree with your assessment of Drew Lock he still is capable of putting up a big game and playing well. This is also an away game and playing in Denver is never easy. I favor the Bills in this game but this one is a trickier game than some expect.

Broncos will be without both Bouye and his replacement. With John Brown presumably back, Allen should absolutely feast. He will also have confidence going into the game because he doesn't see the Broncos as a big bad team, and he'll just play. That's when he balls out. I'm calling it... First big blowout of the year here.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli

12 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Good question. I know the NFL plays on Saturday once college football is done but never before that.

NFL always plays on last few Saturdays of the year. College football is usually into crappy Bowl Games at this time of year. Obviously Covid delayed all of that.

• Like (+1) 2