3 worst passing teams right now are...

Artem Lipatov

19 minutes ago, Beerball said:

Wow, you have a tight sphincter.

Its better to have everything nice and tight right? 😛

But seriously ,  the main point I was trying to get at is that you don't conclude that the QBs of a team suck at passing just by looking at the stats . Context is important.  Both Baker and Lamar can throw the ball as performances in previous seasons have shown.  They may not be this generation's Manning or Brees but they can chuck the ball at a lot better clip than their team's bottom of league pass rankings indicate. 

1 hour ago, Artem Lipatov said:

Ravens , Jets and Browns. Their QBs are Lamar, Darnold and Baker, 1st round draft classmates of JA.  
Another 1st round QB of that draft is “right Josh” who doesn’t play in NFL and hasn’t stats at all. 

Beane and Bills  made very accurate pick 🎯 

BDE7D935-A537-455A-BEED-D60E391F86A5.jpeg

The Browns are a better passing team than a lot of these teams. 

Just going to throw this out there (pun fully intended) - The Browns get a small pass for being there. Heavy Run game by design and new coaching staff/system. Not to mention Baker, while he'll never say it publicly, was clearly trying to force throws to OBJ (1- to keep him happy and 2  -because he is enamored with him both as a star and as a friend. He soooooo badly wanted to have gaudy numbers as a combo - his improved play as a late shows this)

To all the posters trying to discredit Baker and his ability as a passer - you're blinding yourself to prop up Allen and it's in poor taste. Be real and be honest. Baker is most likely as good (if not slightly better) of a passer of Allen (currently). Allen has better physical gifts/tools but is also in year 3 of a system he has been slowly brought up in and is also surrounded by better talent when it comes to passing options. The Bill's draft board for that year was Allen/Darnold/Baker and I believe without a doubt with the coaching staff and weapons we have it would not have mattered - all 3 would have been successful here. 

For those talking about KC and would they be more run happy if they had Mahomes AND someone like Henry ..... OFC they would....Andy Reid would think he was reliving the 1971 Punt Pass Kick competition. 

OK, everyone can move along. The stat that is posted includes two listed teams that have played one fewer game than every other team because their game is on Monday Night: Cleveland and Baltimore. Every other team includes yesterday’s games. https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats/

To the OP: passing yards per game is always a more accurate stat.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

Your post is Irrelevant. When you have Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt on your roster like the Browns you run the ball primarily .  When you have Greg Roman as your OC ,  as the Ravens do , you are going to be run oriented .

The post is irrelevant because the Browns and Ravens have played one less game than any other team listed. The stats include yesterday’s games for everyone else.

1 hour ago, cage said:

Do you think they would be "run by design" if their QBs were Mahomes, Watson, Rodgers or Allen??  Also, I recognize that there are problems on Jets that haven't done Darnold any favors, but he's really done nothing to speak of to help elevate the team in any way.  Compare what you saw to Allen's rookie year, where he made lots of mistakes that we don't need to rehash, but also provided instant leadership, credibility to teammates and executed 4th quarter comeback victories.  

The Ravens also have a running QB so their entire offense is geared around run first.  Their QB is structured to run to  set up the pass.  Is that sustainable, probably not IMO and certainly have taken a step back this season.

In the case of Cleveland, would be interesting to see Bakers stats for the past 6 weeks alone as do think he's improved as of late.  As good as Allen, no but has looked better.  If they lost their RB, could they survive on Bakers arm, while he's improved, don't think he's shown enough to think they could win games on his arm alone.

10 minutes ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

Just going to throw this out there (pun fully intended) - The Browns get a small pass for being there. Heavy Run game by design and new coaching staff/system. Not to mention Baker, while he'll never say it publicly, was clearly trying to force throws to OBJ (1- to keep him happy and 2  -because he is enamored with him both as a star and as a friend. He soooooo badly wanted to have gaudy numbers as a combo - his improved play as a late shows this)

To all the posters trying to discredit Baker and his ability as a passer - you're blinding yourself to prop up Allen and it's in poor taste. Be real and be honest. Baker is most likely as good (if not slightly better) of a passer of Allen (currently). Allen has better physical gifts/tools but is also in year 3 of a system he has been slowly brought up in and is also surrounded by better talent when it comes to passing options. The Bill's draft board for that year was Allen/Darnold/Baker and I believe without a doubt with the coaching staff and weapons we have it would not have mattered - all 3 would have been successful here. 

For those talking about KC and would they be more run happy if they had Mahomes AND someone like Henry ..... OFC they would....Andy Reid would think he was reliving the 1971 Punt Pass Kick competition. 

Baker's cleaned up turnovers, and he's playing pretty well in their offense.  Stefanski has worked under quite a few coordinators in his time with Minnesota, but clearly he's coaching to the teams strength at the moment.  Offensive line can run block, and they have 2 backs.  Tons of play action, and he can execute better there.  

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The Ravens also have a running QB so their entire offense is geared around run first.  Their QB is structured to run to  set up the pass.  Is that sustainable, probably not IMO and certainly have taken a step back this season.

In the case of Cleveland, would be interesting to see Bakers stats for the past 6 weeks alone as do think he's improved as of late.  As good as Allen, no but has looked better.  If they lost their RB, could they survive on Bakers arm, while he's improved, don't think he's shown enough to think they could win games on his arm alone.

It's a greg roman offense, they will lead the league in rushing every year.  We had this with Tyrod, and it was like this with Kaepernick before that.  It doesn't make it any less dangerous of an offense because their passing numbers are low.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RichRiderBills said:

I still would rather face Phish or Colts. They will both cave in the cold. 

Next, Browns...because I want that 1989 rematch we've been waiting 31 years for.

Who was the RB that didn’t make that catch? Ronnie Harmon?

2 hours ago, Artem Lipatov said:

Ravens , Jets and Browns. Their QBs are Lamar, Darnold and Baker, 1st round draft classmates of JA.  
Another 1st round QB of that draft is “right Josh” who doesn’t play in NFL and hasn’t stats at all. 

Beane and Bills  made very accurate pick 🎯 

BDE7D935-A537-455A-BEED-D60E391F86A5.jpeg

Look who's sitting there at 7. I think the Bills will hang 30/40 pts on them Saturday with the return of Smoke Brown

2 hours ago, metbill said:

So, if you had a Henry on your roster you should be on this list too?  Brownies are limited by what they can and can't do consistently, which is pass.  Allen is proving week by week that he was/is the big QB get of that draft.  Lamar has been solved, at least for the moment.  We will see tonight....

To be fair, the Browns installed a completely new scheme during this shortened offseason.  Also Mayfield is running his third offensive system in 3 years.  It’s starting to click there, but it started badly.  Interestingly Mayfield has done much better with OBJ out. Bleacher Report broke out his ratings on plays with and without OBJ on the field and Mayfield has been far better without him over the last two seasons. 

The people here who wanted Daboll canned were missing the impact that kind of change can have on a QB - especially a young one.  Likewise the positive impact of a star WR your QB clicks with (Allen and Diggs) can be huge, but it doesn’t always work that way.  The Bills have done a lot right and maybe even had some luck.  Now they’re reaping the rewards. 

2 hours ago, Chicharito said:

Rosen plays for Tampa !!!

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Tuesday -Saturday.

Yeah, I could be wrong, but isn't Rosen on the practice squad?  

So there is on a team and "on" a team.

I agree with the "no stats", unless and until he is called up.  Pro Football Reference has no "stats" even game time activation for him, in 2020.

When your best players are backs you don’t have much choice.

Our best player is the QB.

KC had Hunt, but their best player is Mahomes, so that’s how they roll. 

Its fun slinging the ball around. Dinosaur football isn’t coming back anytime soon here.

I was a Mayfield fan and wanted the Bills to draft him. I’m so happy it’s working out for the better.

To be fair to the Browns and Baker they have played in some horrible weather conditions and they have an amazing pair of RB's and they lost their best WR. I think if they needed to throw more Baker's numbers would be better. But they are playing the football that best plays to the strengths of their team. 

I think the op is relevant to the browns...im sure they would like to give baker the keys to the offense but don't trust him to do so.  Greg roman doesn't seem to ever give his quarterbacks opportunities to sit in the pocket and go through progressions.  I wouldnt say its lamar being figured out its more of an indictment of the Greg roman offense