Collinsworth - Credit where credit is due.....

Billsfan1972

2 hours ago, wjag said:

Chris was fine last night.  People hear what they want to hear.  All I heard was JA this, JA that.  All America heard was JA is good.  

I thought a lot of his analysis was poor. He'd talk about how the Steelers are getting tons of pressure and Watt is unstoppable, but show a replay of Williams stopping Watt single handedly and Allen having lots of time to throw.

A lot of his particular points were just not supported by the replays.

Also, it got a little annoying that every time he would mention a player he'd say "they just love this guy". It's like, yeah, they're on the 53 man roster so that means they probably like all their guys, but come on...

25 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

I'm not sure you actually understood his comparison. When he was making that reference, he was comparing JA and Beasley with how Brady always had his over the top receiver (Diggs or Brown for JA) but always had an underneath receiver that was always open for him like Beasley is for Josh. while I am not a Chris Collinsworth fan... he is annoying to listen to because 9 times out of 10 he's always talking about a supposed "special" player like he gets to suck him off after the game if he talks him up enough; he wasn't half bad last night. 

I see. Yes, He totally lost me on that one.

20 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Did he drive up to Youngstown?  On clear day you can see Toronto from there?

On a clear day or night Toronto is clearly visible from the top of the escarpment by the 

Niagara Falls country club on the way to Lewiston.  And very visible from Old Fort Niagara 

in Youngstown.

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

After all the crap about PFF, he was very complimentary about Allen throughout (even as he was not very good early on).  

The second half he was effusive in his praise.

But geez has he ever looked at a map (or was taught geography).  Not knowing that Toronto is 100 miles from Buffalo???🙄😡

He saw the aerial view of Niagara Falls, Canada, saw the Skylon tower and thought it was the CN Tower. :lol:

36 minutes ago, MJS said:

I thought a lot of his analysis was poor. He'd talk about how the Steelers are getting tons of pressure and Watt is unstoppable, but show a replay of Williams stopping Watt single handedly and Allen having lots of time to throw.

A lot of his particular points were just not supported by the replays.

Also, it got a little annoying that every time he would mention a player he'd say "they just love this guy". It's like, yeah, they're on the 53 man roster so that means they probably like all their guys, but come on...

I heard him talking about how Watt had been blocked successfully but Cam Heyward was getting in Allen's face the first half but the 2nd half they made adjustments and blocked him.  Which was on point from what I saw.

For Collinsworth, I thought it was actually a pretty insightful game.

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

After all the crap about PFF, he was very complimentary about Allen throughout (even as he was not very good early on).  

The second half he was effusive in his praise.

But geez has he ever looked at a map (or was taught geography).  Not knowing that Toronto is 100 miles from Buffalo???🙄😡

that’s a quirky one- I think most people are vaguely aware they are close but probably would say a couple hundred miles and not 100

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I heard him talking about how Watt had been blocked successfully but Cam Heyward was getting in Allen's face the first half but the 2nd half they made adjustments and blocked him.  Which was on point from what I saw.

For Collinsworth, I thought it was actually a pretty insightful game.

Yeah, he made some good points too. He talked all game for 3 hours. But I thought some of what he said was not really accurate, or especially not supported by the particular replays they were showing.

9 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Or perhaps.... a..... “fast” ferry? 🤣