Cuomo Sex Harrassment Accusations

I don't know anything about this case but I worked for New York State in Albany for more than a decade, and what I do know is that employment by NYS is not indentured servitude.  Any state employee, from the seasonal part-time maintenance guy at any state park to the governor, can resign any time he or she wants to do so.   They do so frequently for a myriad of reasons, from retirement to better opportunity to relocation to duress because you got caught doing something wrong.   All you do is file your paperwork and do your exit interview.   Been there, done it.

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Investigate and if he's found to have committed these acts then whatever appropriate punishment should be undertaken including his resignation.  Sexual harassment is not a political issue, or at least shouldn't be.

Yup, it's not complicated. No sacred cows when it comes to unacceptable behavior. 

3 hours ago, SoTier said:

I don't know anything about this case but I worked for New York State in Albany for more than a decade, and what I do know is that employment by NYS is not indentured servitude.  Any state employee, from the seasonal part-time maintenance guy at any state park to the governor, can resign any time he or she wants to do so.   They do so frequently for a myriad of reasons, from retirement to better opportunity to relocation to duress because you got caught doing something wrong.   All you do is file your paperwork and do your exit interview.   Been there, done it.

That’s right. If you don’t like being harassed by your boss just quit. That’ll solve it!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Except Biden and Tara Reade of course and any others who have that blue tie immunity. 

Don’t be a silly billy.  

Some women are disposable, some men forgivable.  

Biden also explained that the women upset with him weren’t on his wave length.  He feels badly they thought he should not have pawed them.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Some women are disposable, some men forgivable.  

Biden also explained that the women upset with him weren’t on his wave length.  He feels badly they thought he should not have pawed them.  

this place is full of trashbags.    

it’s so easy to see how hitler pulled it off. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Warcodered said:

To be fair there were apparently accusations against her as well.

My goodness that’s statement could be applied to Cuomo and his comments about members of the public 5 days out of 7.  

Does this strike you at all as problematic?  The woman makes a complaint about a toxic work enviornment, suddenly confidential HR information is “leaked” to the NYT from Cuomo insiders?  

5 hours ago, SoTier said:

You can say this about virtually any employer/employee relationship in the country.  

Does that allow the governor carte blanche to oversee a toxic workplace?  If not, why is it a problem when it happens at Bank of America but no big deal when it’s one of the most powerful Caucasian men in the country? 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Has Trump finally given his DNA for that rape lawsuit yet just curious?

I’m gonna act like Biden and say that’s been debunked. 

18 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Has Trump finally given his DNA for that rape lawsuit yet just curious?

You’re not the brightest fella are ya ? 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

That’s right. If you don’t like being harassed by your boss just quit. That’ll solve it!

Read the woman's claim in her tweet that she tried to resign three times and somehow wasn't allowed to do so:  "I tried to resign three times before it stuck".   That's bull manure.    Nobody forced her to stay in a job she wanted to leave. 

5 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Read the woman's claim in her tweet that she tried to resign three times and somehow wasn't allowed to do so:  "I tried to resign three times before it stuck".   That's bull manure.    Nobody forced her to stay in a job she wanted to leave. 

I’m an employer and have occasionally been brought into the middle these sort of things. Thankfully none involving me directly. They’re complicated to say the least.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

The list of powerful men in NY politics abusing their power is quite lengthy.  

Spitzer

Schneidman

Bruno

Silver
Percoco 

Skelos

Your rush to tarnish the reputation of a person who may very well be a victim without giving this story time to develop is one of the reasons predators thrive and victims are reluctant to come forward. 

#sad

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The list of powerful men in NY politics abusing their power is quite lengthy.  

Spitzer

Schneidman

Bruno

Silver
Percoco 

Skelos

Your rush to tarnish the reputation of a person who may very well be a victim without giving this story time to develop is one of the reasons predators thrive and victims are reluctant to come forward. 

#sad

Again, read what I originally posted.  I said that I didn't know the merits of the case but I know that the woman's claim that she somehow couldn't quit when she wanted to was untrue.   I'm not "tarnishing" her reputation because I didn't address her reputation.  I simply called out her lie.