Dawson Knox needs to go....now.

Kwai San

8 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

I think when Smoke Brown gets back Knox is going to become a major threat.  With Brown in there the offense is a totally different animal and the TE is going to get a lot of great matchups.

Been hearing about Knox’s potential for a while, but he continues to drop passes. Yes, Knox is young and still has some room to develop, but I haven’t seen much improvement from. I’m just glad his turnover didn’t cost the Bills the game last night.

8 hours ago, Kwai San said:

OK....after his crazy fumble I was ready to go thru my TV screen.  But as I thought it through in years past that play would have been the downward spiral of the Bills to a horrific loss.  Perhaps Knox can stay perhaps not - he tried to atone for his error rather well.

Bottom line these Bills are real, the real deal.  America is seeing this.  This Saturday presents another opportunity to show the world - Bills are the real deal.

Meanwhile......Knox can go, along with Norman.....see yourselves out the door genitals.......

And replace them with who? Or is it whom?

Nice plan, I see you have it all figured out. And to think we gave Beane an extension when we had you all along.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Tomlinism; "If were talking to a guy about catching the ball that is employed to catch the ball, that is a problem"

5 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Nice plan, I see you have it all figured out. 

Tyler Kroft and Dane Jackson for starters. Maybe the draft and free agency next year.

There, plan in place.

19 minutes ago, babulator said:

Tomlinism; "If were talking to a guy about catching the ball that is employed to catch the ball, that is a problem"

Tyler Kroft and Dane Jackson for starters. Maybe the draft and free agency next year.

There, plan in place.

I’m paraphrasing SM from the combine here, The number one priority of any receiver is to catch the damn ball!   Knox still has a chance, and I am rooting for him, but his window is closing, jmo.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Last night was a stereotypical Dawson Knox performance. The dropped pass/interception wasn't a surprise. Neither was the 10 yard catch and run or the PI drawing play. 

At the moment the good is slightly outweighing the bad. 

• Like (+1) 1

Knox is a physically gifted tight end who has problems with drops and fumbles. He can stretch the field and run after the catch and break tackles, but can he make enough plays to overcome a big drop or a devastating turnover? I think an upgrade is needed in the off season. We are too talented on offense not to give Josh at least one quality, pass catching tight end. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

Nice plan, I see you have it all figured out. And to think we gave Beane an extension when we had you all along.

OK Smart azz - I see the name fits.  First of all there is NO need for Norman - he contributions has been one fumble recovery, a C19 infection scenerio that wiped out several players leading to issues for the AZ game and a penalty on ST last night.  Like I said NO need for Norman....a failed experiment.

Knox.... is in year 3 of developing.  I know there is a lot of man love for him on this board, this thread obviously proved it.  Since he is still on the rookie deal park his azz on the bench game time, at practice have his stand in front the juggs machine for days on end until he stops this butter hands shenanigans!  He seriously needs to man up and stop the drops and fumbles.

Thanks for playing.....

Edited by Kwai San

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

With our TEs banged up he isnt going anywhere. 

I understand that - there needs to be a plan going forward.....a REAL plan....

15 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Last night was a stereotypical Dawson Knox performance. The dropped pass/interception wasn't a surprise. Neither was the 10 yard catch and run or the PI drawing play. 

At the moment the good is slightly outweighing the bad. 

VERY VERY VERY slightly.  JA needs a quality TE.....just one quality TE.

9 hours ago, Virgil said:

Allen loves Knox and never loses faith in him.  While I agree with where you are coming from, it’s just not going to happen. 

With that being said, I hope they go TE in the draft and put someone out there that can stretch the field a little and make Allen give in 

It's way way way too early to say it's "just not going to happen." It might or it might not. It's his second year and he's missed a lot of time to injuries.

Having said that, it hasn't happened yet.  

9 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

I think when Smoke Brown gets back Knox is going to become a major threat.  With Brown in there the offense is a totally different animal and the TE is going to get a lot of great matchups.

When did this happen with Brown in the lineup?

• Like (+1) 1

Has the franchise had one TE play in the pro bowl? One? Even the watered down pro bowl where they invite everyone in after the starters decline?  Even Keith McKeller who was dynamic for a few games never put up a full season. Clay was above average for a year or two. Reimersma achieved above average status. It seems almost harder to land an elite tight end than an elite QB. 

1 hour ago, babulator said:

There, plan in place.

Kroft is gonzo.  He's been inactive the past few weeks and is an UFA at the end of the year.