Dawson Knox needs to go....now.

Kwai San

So basically, you can’t believe he’s not Travis Kelce already.  
Kid has made a bunch of mistakes...sure. But he has some intangibles and I’m curious to see how he can put it together over the next 20-25 games. 

Always the optimist...I think he’s a keeper. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bakin said:

So basically, you can’t believe he’s not Travis Kelce already.  
Kid has made a bunch of mistakes...sure. But he has some intangibles and I’m curious to see how he can put it together over the next 20-25 games. 

Always the optimist...I think he’s a keeper. 

Knox won’t see a 2nd contract in Buffalo. we’ll probably hang on to him because he’s cheap but we all know he’s not good. He’ll eventually get released and will maybe bounce around a bit before fading out of the league completely. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Seriously....why is this a ridiculous take???  Cuz you don't like it????

Yeah where?  Where do you come from while we are at it???

Maybe it's because it's coming on to Week 14 and you are talking about things that may or may not be addressed until March.

46 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Not ridiculous at all. Just the wrong time to discuss. Let's bask in the glory tonight guys

I agree. Probably not the time to discuss the TE issue. I am confident we will address it in April. Josh could definitely use a TE safety valve which he doesn't have yet.

18 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Knox won’t see a 2nd contract in Buffalo. we’ll probably hang on to him because he’s cheap but we all know he’s not good. He’ll eventually get released and will maybe bounce around a bit before fading out of the league completely. 

We "all" do not know.  You are hardly the polltaker of this board.  Create a poll to see if "he's not good" and prove it or stop trying to exaggerate to sustain your position.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

We "all" do not know.  You are hardly the polltaker of this board.  Create a poll to see if "he's not good" and prove it or stop trying to exaggerate to sustain your position.

No poll is required because the stats and his play on the field speak for themselves. 

What argument is there that proves he’s a good TE?

1 hour ago, TonyBeets said:

He's one of those guys you fall in love with his measurables.  He just can't seem to put it all together and it's frustrating.  No doubt we need a tight end.

Today was tough.  This is probably the first game after the Titans where our receivers were jammed at the line of scrimmage.  It was tough out there if your name was not Diggs!

I think how we use him needs to be exactly what we did tonight honestly.

Keep him as an outlet within about 5-10 yards in space let him make plays after the catch where he is very very good. 

It's making catches especially contested ones 15-20 yards down field.....he's not there yet.  That route in the EZ was hideous I don't know what that was. 

If he can improve the route running he's going to be a monster.  

I think next year is leap year for him.  

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Allen loves Knox and never loses faith in him.  While I agree with where you are coming from, it’s just not going to happen. 

With that being said, I hope they go TE in the draft and put someone out there that can stretch the field a little and make Allen give in 

Allen loves all his guys and will express faith in them even if they've just let him down big time.  He was that way in college too.  Would always say "I wouldn't trade these guys for anyone" even if he'd just played a game where none of his receivers could catch a cold.  

It's not Allen's decision who sits and who starts at TE and whether they bring in another TE or not. 

I think the relevant point is what McDermott said about Moss: that the question to him from the coaches was how quickly could he reset and move on?  That's McDermott's mindset about his players.  "You made a mistake, Make Corrections, Reset".  In the Ravens game last year when Knox had a bad drop of an easy catch Daboll said he told Boras "you better get to him right away because we're going to go right back to him" and they did, for a difficult sideline catch. 

Knox had some good plays in today's game.  He got us a critical 1st down on a throw against the blitz where he did exactly the right thing then got YAC on 3rd and 11.  This epitomizes McDermott's "growth mindset".  Made a mistake that hurt the team, make corrections, reset, and make plays.  McDermott will call him "resilient"

I wanted an upgrade at TE during the offseason and I still want an upgrade at TE.  But to the OP, Dawson Knox is not going to "go now", he's going to be asked to grow and improve and he'll get his chances the rest of the season.  I am hopeful we see real competition next season.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Today was tough.  This is probably the first game after the Titans where our receivers were jammed at the line of scrimmage.  It was tough out there if your name was not Diggs!

Yeah, one thing I noticed today in the Miami game was how well Gesieki releases off the LOS where Knox gets embrangled.  I suppose that's one thing which limits his use (and perhaps Kroft? I haven't paid attention to his release) as an outlet in the quick passing game.

Still I see Knox out there and open at times.  I wonder what takes place in practice -is he sure handed there, or is it like today where he coughed up a catch after bobbling it?

43 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I think he is enough of an athlete at a position that isn't very strong that he will hang around the league for a few years. But I do hold out hope that he will pan out. He has these great flashes but just can't put it together consistently. 

• Like (+1) 1