Week 14 SNF: Bills Whoop Steelers PostGame Thread

One thing that was lost in all of this....what was Allen doing starting his slide before the first down near the end of the game?  He could have easily ran a few more yards as there was nobody near him to ensure he got it, but they ended up marking him just short and it turned into a 3rd and 1 play which they converted with a run to Moss, but in a closer game, that could have been an issue...as soon as I saw him start sliding, I was like "WTF are you doing?!?!?"...but it all worked out and didn't cost them.

Also...the fact this is what I am talking about after this game shows how damn good this team is...they don't leave you with a lot to really complain about hahahaha 🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

you dont have to worry too much though

LOL, I'm just a fan, so I never worry. :)

12 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

you get to go back to playing yet another backup qb this week.

Ya got me there.  Glad they don't have to face the superstar QB that the Bills will be up against.

4 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Allen has crossed the threshold. When he struggles in games, commentators will stop reaching back to his pre-draft analysis and instead give him the benefit of the doubt, just like they do with the other great ones.

That was evident even in yesterday's  broadcast.  At one point when Collingsworth was examining his footwork on that quick outside throw and he came out and said that it was not exactly following the mechanics but saw the imprpovement from prior years...

5 minutes ago, blackngolddigger said:

LOL, I'm just a fan, so I never worry. :)

Ya got me there.  Glad they don't have to face the superstar QB that the Bills will be up against.

jones-garbage

driscal-backup

wentz-backup

gilbert-backup

lutton-backup

burrow-rookie 

griffin/mcsorely-backup

smith-backup

LOOK AT THAT LIST. they've played 4 solid qb's, watson, mayfield, tanny, jackson. 

darnold

newton

mullens

herbert-rookie, but a top ten offense. i'll let you have him though.

now lets look at the others we've played

Fitz-win

goff-win

carr-win

tanny

mahomes

murray

wilson-win

Ben-win

you can go ahead and sit down, please. your team has played the sorriest list of qb's in recent memory.

11 hours ago, letsgoteam said:

I get fired up seeing the prayer circle after the games, I saw 49,99,5 while they were talking to JA. Anyone else notice who was in it!?

Edmunds,Barkley and Phillips.

Good to see Edmunds loves Jesus Christ!

image.thumb.png.2d02e4851d92fc92e17db91fb8b469fc.png

image.thumb.png.35f9c55ba418976c05e9463b36ad7d48.png

image.thumb.png.84d22c77c24efe4816fa0f63340e0e03.png

This is how you know things are changing.  Up until last year, the last time the Bills beat the Steelers was in 1999.  And in that time, they suffered two notably painful losses to the Steelers (2004 losing to their backups costing Buffalo the playoffs and Stevie's drop in 2010).  They've now beaten them twice in the past year.

• Like (+1) 1

I think Kyle on the GMFB show kinda hit the nail on the head with this game.  The problem with the Bills... for several decades!... has been a trust issue.   We all want them to do well.  We want them to show up in big games.  We want them to win.  But they always let us down and came up short.  So you just couldn’t trust them.

And that lack of trust is the very core of BBFS. It’s why so many of us can’t sit easily with a 2 score lead in the 4th quarter.  Because we’ve had our hearts broken so many times, in so many ways over the years. We can’t trust that the team will actually do what it takes to win.  

Last night, above all else, the Bills as a team and an organization said... you can trust us. We got this.  On a national stage, they faced the #1 defense in the league and a team desperate to get back on the winning track and get the #1 seed.  The Steelers came out playing hard, physical, impassioned!  They threw everything at Josh. And I mean every thing!   And yet, the Bills matched that hard-nosed play, hung in there and took control of the game. 

They didn’t let us down.  They didn’t let a great opportunity slip by.  They took care of business and proved to the NFL that they’ve arrived.  We won’t win every game. We won’t be perfect.  But, we can trust that this team is going to show up and play hard.  And based on a record of 10 and 3, more often than not, they will prevail!   

It was a great game for a lot of reasons.  The best may just be that they didn’t wither. They didn’t crack.  They made adjustments, played tough. They won a game that most people thought they’d lose. Not because they’re the worse team, but because they couldn’t be trusted.  Now, you have to look at the Bills on their talent and their merits of play and not think.. I’m just not sure they’ll show up.  Those days are over!   

It’s a great time to be a Bills fan, indeed!!  We all deserve this and should relish it!  Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

This is how you know things are changing.  Up until last year, the last time the Bills beat the Steelers was in 1999.  And in that time, they suffered two notably painful losses to the Steelers (2004 losing to their backups costing Buffalo the playoffs and Stevie's drop in 2010).  They've now beaten them twice in the past year.

And going back even further, the Bills hadn't won a reg season game in Pittsburgh since the 70's before last year (1992 playoffs in Pburgh was the last W overall at 3 Rivers)--point being, you're absolutely right, the tides have shifted markedly, and how sweet it is!!!

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Its possible he might wait for a specific job to open up that he likes..a lot of times these coordinators will take head coaching gigs for trainwreck organizations and they end up getting fired in 3 years and never get another chance 

Chargers would be fools to pass on him

12 minutes ago, Dan said:

I think Kyle on the GMFB show kinda hit the nail on the head with this game.  The problem with the Bills... for several decades!... has been a trust issue.   We all want them to do well.  We want them to show up in big games.  We want them to win.  But they always let us down and came up short.  So you just couldn’t trust them.

And that lack of trust is the very core of BBFS. It’s why so many of us can’t sit easily with a 2 score lead in the 4th quarter.  Because we’ve had our hearts broken so many times, in so many ways over the years. We can’t trust that the team will actually do what it takes to win.  

Last night, above all else, the Bills as a team and an organization said... you can trust us. We got this.  On a national stage, they faced the #1 defense in the league and a team desperate to get back on the winning track and get the #1 seed.  The Steelers came out playing hard, physical, impassioned!  They threw everything at Josh. And I mean every thing!   And yet, the Bills matched that hard-nosed play, hung in there and took control of the game. 

They didn’t let us down.  They didn’t let a great opportunity slip by.  They took care of business and proved to the NFL that they’ve arrived.  We won’t win every game. We won’t be perfect.  But, we can trust that this team is going to show up and play hard.  And based on a record of 10 and 3, more often than not, they will prevail!   

It was a great game for a lot of reasons.  The best may just be that they didn’t wither. They didn’t crack.  They made adjustments, played tough. They won a game that most people thought they’d lose. Not because they’re the worse team, but because they couldn’t be trusted.  Now, you have to look at the Bills on their talent and their merits of play and not think.. I’m just not sure they’ll show up.  Those days are over!   

It’s a great time to be a Bills fan, indeed!!  We all deserve this and should relish it!  Go Bills!!

^^^^This. Last night had that heavyweight type of fight feel to it where you knew you were getting the best dished out at you play after play--and to the Steelers' credit, in the first half the Bills O struggled to find answers to the heavy blitz/pressure packages being dialed up, and Josh was not comfortable with this windows/timing--but good teams adjust, and the Bills did to great effect as needed.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Chargers would be fools to pass on him

As much as I hate to say it, the Charges would be an attractive spot for Daboll: a young QB with promise who needs guidance and an abundance of talent that has been underperforming.

I want Daboll for one more year, at least, but I think we have to get ready

17 minutes ago, Dan said:

12 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

^^^^This. Last night had that heavyweight type of fight feel to it where you knew you were getting the best dished out at you play after play--and to the Steelers' credit, in the first half the Bills O struggled to find answers to the heavy blitz/pressure packages being dialed up, and Josh was not comfortable with this windows/timing--but good teams adjust, and the Bills did to great effect as needed.  

Agreed.   That’s exactly how I felt watching the first half.  This was a heavy weight fight!  This was play off football.   We got the best the Steelers had, took the punches and then started throwing our own!   It was a magnificent game.  

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Not sure if it's been discussed but it looked like Allen had Beasley wide open for the first down on that 3rd down play where he went bomb to Knox.   Obviously it resulted in a PI, which prevented what would have been a TD, but man.... at that moment, in fringe FG range, that was gutsy.

It was an amazing throw which is what Colinsworth noted.  If Knox hadn't been interfered with it would have been a TD. This is what we need from Allen.  Sure hit the check downs and take the easier throws 90% of the time but every once and a while let it rip.  That throw is what scares Defensive coordinators and actually opens up the underneath stuff.

There were two other big time deep throws that almost connected.  The first one was the near 50 yard completion to Gabe on the sideline. Allen was under severe pressure and almost hit that throw. The other was the jump ball to Knox downfield where he should have caught it.  

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

jones-garbage

driscal-backup

wentz-backup

gilbert-backup

lutton-backup

burrow-rookie 

griffin/mcsorely-backup

smith-backup

LOOK AT THAT LIST. they've played 4 solid qb's, watson, mayfield, tanny, jackson. 

darnold

newton

mullens

herbert-rookie, but a top ten offense. i'll let you have him though.

now lets look at the others we've played

Fitz-win

goff-win

carr-win

tanny

mahomes

murray

wilson-win

Ben-win

you can go ahead and sit down, please. your team has played the sorriest list of qb's in recent memory.

😆  I don't really get into the whole smack talk type crap.

Teams can only play the schedule they're given.

You can nit-pick any teams victories for any number of reasons, weak QB, bad defense, whatever. 

Hell, plenty of people won't give the Bills much credit for this win.

• 19 offensive points against an injury ravaged defense.
  • washed up quarterback who can't accurately throw it more than 5 yards past the line of scrimmage
  • no running game
  • receivers/TE who can't catch the ball
  • O-line that's old and overpaid
  • etc., etc.

Not excuses I make because a win is a win to me.

The Bills survived the Steelers defensive attack in the first half and their defense took advantage of a predictable short passing game to make a momentum stealing play at the end of the first half.

Edited by blackngolddigger
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, blackngolddigger said:

😆  I don't really get into the whole smack talk type crap.

Teams can only play the schedule they're given.

You can nit-pick any teams victories for any of reasons, weak QB, bad defense, whatever. 

Hell, plenty of people won't give the Bills much credit for this win.

• 19 offensive points against an injury ravaged defense.
  • washed up quarterback who can't accurately throw it more than 5 yards past the line of scrimmage
  • no running game
  • receivers/TE who can't catch the ball
  • O-line that's old and overpaid
  • etc., etc.

Not excuses I make because a win is a win to me.

The Bills survived the Steelers defensive attack in the first half and their defense took advantage of a predictable short passing game to make a momentum stealing play at the end of the first half.

Look at that list of qb's i put up and act like it hasnt been a huge factor in your teams win/loss totals? seriously man. The steelers have been a good team. they have also had the sorriest slate of teams to play that i can remember. That list of qb's is horrid. They are literally drawing backup qb's almost on a weekly basis. You can pretend thats not a huge factor, but you would be wrong.

• Thank you (+1) 1