Week 14 SNF: Bills Whoop Steelers PostGame Thread

For all the 80s kids like me, I am wondering which historic Bills team they remind me of 1988 or 1990?  I am thinking 1988 and they will fall to KC in KC for the AFC championship (anything is possible,  includinga Bills win). If so, then we can skip 1989 as these Bills do not bicker. And go straight to 1990 and the first SB run!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, jwhit34 said:

Allen 70% completion % in 2nd half....

So several in national media now say about Allen in regards to his completion % he has to prove that he can consistently do it. 

Now on the season he is at 68.6%.

If you are at 69% over 13 games and 471 passes, how many more games and passes does he have to throw to reach "consistency"?

471 passes is a pretty good sample size. 

What we saw from Allen tonight looked a lot like what we've seen from Mahomes, Watson, Brees & Rogers over the last couple of years.  You're watching the game and those guys start slowly throw a pick or two and then suddenly a switch goes off and they can't miss a pass. 

Allen completed 11 straight passes and thew 2 TD passes in back to back drives that basically put the game out of reach.  This is what Kelly would do back in the day after a slow start.  We are seeing something special blossom in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

exactly. Just a slap in the face. Seeing Tom Brady all giddy was not a pleasant sight to any bills (or Steelers) fan watching tonight.  

To be fair the sound bite was on the last time there was a SNF game IN Buffalo. It's fine, they now have new footage when they put next year's BUF/PITT game in Buffalo on SNF again.

5 minutes ago, BananaB said:

No one cared when the Bills had that problem earlier in the year

But we surely complained about it. 

their injuries are huge and most definitely played a role in our win.  Luckily for us, it doesn’t matter.  

35 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

That delayed slip/screen pass (whatever it was) to Knox was an amazing call by Daboll.  Great game by our defense.  Our secondary was fantastic.

Love Daboll (went to HS with him) but that had nothing to do with him, everything on Allen.  He saw the corner blitzing of his right side and Knox slid out (didn't stay in and block). Josh made the perfect read - throw where the 2ndary blitz is coming from.