Kansas City Chiefs @ Miami Dolphins 1PM GAME THREAD

HOUSE

12 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

That is almost impossible at this point (I know anything can happen).  The Chiefs would have to go basically 1-3 over their last 4 and we have to win out due to the head-to-head tiebreaker in their favor.

It's not quite that farfetched.  We would be more likely to get 1st seed in a 3 way tie.  I forget the key games, but it still seems more likely than the chiefs losing 3.

33 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Perfect outcome would be something like 20-6 Chiefs. 

Chiefs easily win but Mahomes looks pedestrian against Flores defense keeping the door cracked for Allen to inch even closer in the MVP race. Dolphins offense with Tua under center has a hard time moving the ball much beyond the 50 yard line.

I think Mahomes and his WRs are licking their chops thinking about going up against man to man

3 minutes ago, JROC INTEL said:

Hoping the fins win. Its all about seeding for me at this point. Would be nice to surpass kc or pit. Unlikely but setting the bar high!

AFCE first and foremost, fish gotta go down, and KC is just the team to make it happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Would be a smart move.  This KC offense is just in another league

They do have their off days. Take away the first quarter of the Bucs game two weeks ago and they have only scored 32 points in 7 straight quarters. 

I took under 50.5 points in this one as part of a 3 leg parlay so I hope the Chiefs are either held under 28-30 points or the Dolphins offense is completely shut down if the Chiefs go for 35+

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

That is almost impossible at this point (I know anything can happen).  The Chiefs would have to go basically 1-3 over their last 4 and we have to win out due to the head-to-head tiebreaker in their favor.

I am not wishing anyone to get injured in this game. But I can see Mahomes going down with a knee or ankle injury today.  We shall see...

1 minute ago, JROC INTEL said:

I get this , but are you saying AFCE is more important than a potential first round bye? 

I think it’s sort of classic BBFS to be rooting for KC in this game,  but it’s also so ingrained in us (me included!) that it actually makes sense.  😂

Basically, my thinking is if Miami loses today we have a lot of room for error the next few games.  If they win, it’s gonna be more of a nailbiter down to the wire (January 3rd).

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I think it’s sort of classic BBFS to be rooting for KC in this game,  but it’s also so ingrained in us (me included!) that it actually makes sense.  😂

Basically, my thinking is if Miami loses today we have a lot of room for error the next few games.  If they win, it’s gonna be more of a nailbiter down to the wire (January 3rd).

I want to cruise to an AFCE victory. Go Chiefs!

13 minutes ago, JROC INTEL said:

I get this , but are you saying AFCE is more important than a potential first round bye? 

This year, yes, that and I don’t think Miami has what it takes to win this game, Tua hasn’t shown a hell of a lot, doesn’t move the ball well for their offense imo. So I rather go with a more reality based hope, but that could just be me... 😁

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

This game should be interesting. I think we will see just how good the Dolphins defense is. The Fins defense has mostly fed off of some bad offenses. The Fins gave up 31 to the Bills, Seahawks and Cardinals. The only good offense they put a clinic on was the Rams. 

The rest of their stellar defensive performances came against the Jets twice, Bengals without Burrow, Jags, a banged up 49ers, and the Chargers. They also held the Broncos and Pats to 21 in losing efforts.

Not exactly a murders row of offenses. KC being the leagues best should easily be their biggest test. 

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Yes,that’s not going to happen.

We would need to be in a 3 way tie with Pittsburgh to accomplish being the 1 seed. The Chiefs would need to lose 2 games, the Bills win out and the Steelers losing 2 to get there.

I think I’m rooting for Miami to lose.